IGNORED

Thai Customs Department Cracks Down on Cigarette and E-Cigarette Smuggling Worth More Than 63.13 Million Baht

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

1786435_0-300x169.jpg

National— On February 8th, 2024, Mr. Panthong Loikunnan, the spokesperson for the Thai Customs Department, publicly revealed a program for the strict prevention and suppression of the smuggling of cigarettes and e-cigarettes to Thailand according to the Thai government’s policy to maintain strict marketing mechanisms and for good health. Customs officials worked proactively to investigate […]

Thai Customs Department Cracks Down on Cigarette and E-Cigarette Smuggling Worth More Than 63.13 Million Baht
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

May be if tobacco monopoly stopped preventing import of quality products then people will not need to smuggle.

All one can get is locally made cigs which are crap, any smoker can tell the difference.

When i smoked i used Davidoff and Cartier and guess what? neither one available, Dunhill not available.

Was buying from Cambodia paying pretty much same prices as local but totally different quality

56 minutes ago, bck said:

May be if tobacco monopoly stopped preventing import of quality products then people will not need to smuggle.

All one can get is locally made cigs which are crap, any smoker can tell the difference.

When i smoked i used Davidoff and Cartier and guess what? neither one available, Dunhill not available.

Was buying from Cambodia paying pretty much same prices as local but totally different quality

Very strange. I've tried the Cambodian stuff here. And it's absolute shit. I find the stuff from 7-11 etc much better. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

27 minutes ago, johnbro said:

Thailand seems to not want tourists! or at least the tourists who spend money here! Every move they make turns tourists off! There are a lot more important crimes being committed, than cigs, weed and booze! Just another extorsion plot on non knowing tourists! Thailands motto: come here, spend your money and get out or we will find a reason to extort and/or arrest you! Just for the record I don't smoke cigs! So I could care less. Tourist cutting in on the politicians and their cronies money making!

It’s nothing to do with tourism. It’s to do with the tobacco companies. 

2 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Very strange. I've tried the Cambodian stuff here. And it's absolute shit. I find the stuff from 7-11 etc much better. 

Cambodian or imported from Cambodia? Cambodia has its own brands, fakes and also original brands like Davidoff(made in Germany) This is what i use to get for years

18 minutes ago, bck said:

imported from Cambodia

This. Like Marlboro etc. The nicest part is the original design on the packages :)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

This. Like Marlboro etc. The nicest part is the original design on the packages :)

i think you were getting fakes, Marlboro was widely available and most were fakes, Davidoff was original :)