IGNORED

Bangkok - Accor

Sean303

I got Diamond with Accor and keen to stay with them.

Which of the Accor hotels on and around Sukhumvit provides great welcome gift / most likely for upgrade and is a larger room in general.

I am considering Pullman but it seems far from things and Sofitel seems pricey for what I get (tried it before).

Whats your suggestion?

I was "just" a Platinum member for quite some years and got never anything beyond the one category upgrade ... stayed at Sofitel SO, Sofitel Sukhumvit, Pullman at Asoke an a couple of Novotels.

The accor hotel were great value picks about 10 years ago but imho they got quite pricey compared to what they offer

But obviously YMMV ...

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

Pullman Asoke is not an Accor hotel anymore, it's a Hilton hotel now. The only 5 star hotel in that area is Sofitel and it's pricey. I agree with the above poster, Accor is not really worth it anymore. 

Maybe try one of the Novotel hotels or Movenpick in Soi 15, both OK 4 star hotels. An alternative could be Swissôtel Bangkok but it's a bit away from Sukhumvit. Though the hotel itself is very good. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pullman Asoke not being an Accor is a loss. Will go for one of the apartment hotels and get a residence instead.

I can't change hotel program due work, so its what Ill have. One good thing with it is that I collect Frequent Flyer Miles as well from my stays with Accor. I stay 365 days, plus holidays every year so it quickly adds up.