IGNORED

Red Stamp On Entry

Sac Les

The dreaded red stamp was mentioned in a video I watched today. Understand the red stamp on exit from Thailand usually means you overstayed. What does a red stamp on entry mean? The last three times I entered Thailand (Oct 2022, Feb 2023 and Aug 2023) the entry stamp was red. What is the significance of the red entry stamp?

Edited by Sac Les
Syntax

3 hours ago, Sac Les said:

The dreaded red stamp was mentioned in a video I watched today.

Which video was that? What did they say about the red stamp?

3 hours ago, Sac Les said:

Understand the red stamp on exit from Thailand usually means you overstayed. What does a red stamp on entry mean? The last three times I entered Thailand (Oct 2022, Feb 2023 and Aug 2023) the entry stamp was red. What is the significance of the red entry stamp?

All of my entry stamps have been red, and all of my exit stamps have been blue.

After seeing your post I became worried and searched around a bit, I have read elsewhere that the entry stamp should be red and that the exit stamp should be blue

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?avada_portfolio=new-immigration-stamps-for-passport-control&portfolioCats=45

image.png.c1e6adeec81d71f661ebf6ce34311f43.png

A red stamp in your passport upon arrival to Thailand, means you have arrived in Thailand & passed immigration

7 hours ago, nourishing lotion said:

Which video was that? What did they say about the red stamp?

All of my entry stamps have been red, and all of my exit stamps have been blue.

After seeing your post I became worried and searched around a bit, I have read elsewhere that the entry stamp should be red and that the exit stamp should be blue

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?avada_portfolio=new-immigration-stamps-for-passport-control&portfolioCats=45

image.png.c1e6adeec81d71f661ebf6ce34311f43.png

7 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

A red stamp in your passport upon arrival to Thailand, means you have arrived in Thailand & passed immigration

Thanks, I searched google and this forum and couldn't find this information. My stamps prior to  COVID were blue. Entry rectangular and exit triangular.

This is the video

The guy rambles a bit. At some point he mentions the red exit stamp can mean you overstayed. The number of days overstayed is written on the stamp.

Prior to 2020 most of my entry stamps were blue on entry and departure. Recently it’s been red entry, blue departure BUT the colours are meaningless, they sometimes use the wrong ink well. 

Its what the stamp says. Not the colour that’s important 

Edited by Gonetothedogs
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I used my e-passport at the electronic gates to depart. No exit stamp