IGNORED

British Social Media Influencer Parachutes from Pattaya Condo and Fatally Hits The Ground in Tragic Accident

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

IMG_6646-1-300x169.jpeg

Pattaya — A 33-year-old British man tragically lost his life when the parachute he was using malfunctioned after jumping from a condominium complex in Pattaya. The tragedy took place on Saturday, January 27th, at an unspecified condominium complex in the Naklua sub-district of the Banglamung district, Chonburi province. Pattaya police and emergency responders swiftly arrived […]

British Social Media Influencer Parachutes from Pattaya Condo and Fatally Hits The Ground in Tragic Accident
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

• Sad 1

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

One less on the planet. RIP

That was hard to watch.

Influencer??? Who the hell is influenced by this nonsense? Not talking about his fatal jump, which I am sad to see. However, with all of his previous antics, while no doubt brought him much enjoyment, were these all posted on his numerous IG, FB, Snapchat, etc and audiences are supposed to be influenced by him?

i know it’s all about number of clicks, but this shit has gotten completely crazy.

Edited by Bira
  • Like 2

TGOEA

mmm

Influencers, vloggers, parachutes, buildings

Should be a mandated entry requirement for all his ilk

You was looking for the big thrill and died from it. Nothing to rejoice about.

I wish you to be reborn as Jonathan, comrade.

Condolences to his family and friends 

R.I.P.

At least he didn't land on someone else. R.I.P.

"Mr. Kanet confirmed that the deceased had attempted similar clandestine parachute jumps from the complex on multiple previous occasions."

Are they saying he'd done it before and lived through it, or was refused access while trying to get to the roof?

It sounds like the guy should have had enough experience to know what his parachute should have been capable of, which is kinda surprising to me that anything would be capable of opening and properly slowing the decent from any building in Pattaya...

This influencer died a few months ago, but he didn't believe in parachutes...the equivalent of going bareback I suppose.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Farangkie said:

This influencer died a few months ago, but he didn't believe in parachutes...the equivalent of going bareback I suppose.

I get vertigo just watching the video.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I get vertigo just watching the video.

Me too. It's absolutely horrific.

• Like 1

Hard to watch the video. It looked like the cord that pulled the main parachute came out of the right side of the parachute pack and he initially had the drogue chute in his right hand but then switched hands while he adjusted his helmet cam. So it was in his left hand. Wondering if the initial  pull from the left across the back of the pack made the cord jam somehow or just not pull out fast enough.

10 hours ago, elperro said:

Hard to watch the video. It looked like the cord that pulled the main parachute came out of the right side of the parachute pack and he initially had the drogue chute in his right hand but then switched hands while he adjusted his helmet cam. So it was in his left hand. Wondering if the initial  pull from the left across the back of the pack made the cord jam somehow or just not pull out fast enough.

The drogue or mini pilot parachute when released pulls out the centre of the main parachute. Unfortunately the lead went thru the inside of the right side harness of the main chute pack. You can clearly see it in the video. 

So when the drogue was released by him it ended up pulling the leg side harness and less pressure to pull the main chute out in time. Such a tragedy. As his brother said, he had no chance from the word go. 

Hi friend who was taking the video and facing him either did not know how the drogue works or completely missed it. It was glaringly obvious. 

I feel people daft enough to do these sort of dangerous stunts know they won't have a long life

As for the top of tall buildings & rooftop stunts etc, without any safety equipment, totally bonkers too, I don't watch the video's as they make my stomach want to heave  :)

10 hours ago, Joeleg said:

The drogue or mini pilot parachute when released pulls out the centre of the main parachute. Unfortunately the lead went thru the inside of the right side harness of the main chute pack. You can clearly see it in the video. 

So when the drogue was released by him it ended up pulling the leg side harness and less pressure to pull the main chute out in time. Such a tragedy. As his brother said, he had no chance from the word go. 

Hi friend who was taking the video and facing him either did not know how the drogue works or completely missed it. It was glaringly obvious. 

I noticed that as well, but thought maybe the drogue chute line had velcro keeping it attached to the outside of the leg harness so the line didn't tangle around a leg.

Doing some searching just now on base jump rigging I see that isn't the case. In fact one article warns when donning the chute pack to not make the fatal mistake of trapping the line inside the harness, which apparently is what happened in this case.

That mistake can easily be avoided by following the simple procedure explained below.

image.png.0027362d0a69b4cbf0ac478b1b1de3cf.png

https://www.watchthybridle.com/2012/03/rigging-up-for-handheld-and-thy-bridle/

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It's been well-described above, but for anyone still unsure, the cord seen below should be loose and on the outside.

image.png.10e8a5ca51d079612ae5cb236448afb6.png

When he jumps, he tosses what's in his hand - the pilot chute - which is supposed to yank the larger chute out, but the cord being trapped at his side prevents this from properly completing.

Not well-visible to the jumper, and (you would assume) also wasn't picked up by the cameraman. A failure to give safety enough focus, likely due to overconfidence from so many successful previous jumps. 

I don't agree that the man is a dope. Humans are constantly, endlessly, forever making mistakes, it's just that the mistakes most make aren't fatal - even though many of them, in my opinion, are much more worthy of consequence than the one which cost this man his life.

• Like 2