IGNORED

Allergy to massage oil

baboon

in recent years almost every time i visit Thailand/Cambodia i have a problem with

oil massage. I develop a skin allergy to it after first few days of receiving oil massage...somebody gave me an advise to use aloe vera cream  instead of oil and it really  worked but i still miss the feeling of hot oil.. the strange thing is that this skin allergy happens to me only in the far east. maybe any of you guys know how can i recognize which kind of oil is an allergy free?

Have you tried with coconut oil? Just try on a smaller area and see if you get reactions. If you find an oil you are not reacting to you could just bring your own oil and ask the girls to use it.

Maybe it happens more often in hot climate where you are more likely to sweat after the massage. Do you normally take a shower straight after? 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, FarangBear said:

Have you tried with coconut oil? Just try on a smaller area and see if you get reactions. If you find an oil you are not reacting to you could just bring your own oil and ask the girls to use it.

Maybe it happens more often in hot climate where you are more likely to sweat after the massage. Do you normally take a shower straight after? 

thanx for your advise...i live in a very hot country and never have a problem...i sweat alot but take many showers...it happens to me usually after approx first 10 days of gating daily massage...

47 minutes ago, baboon said:

thanx for your advise...i live in a very hot country and never have a problem...i sweat alot but take many showers...it happens to me usually after approx first 10 days of gating daily massage...

Maybe you just never had 10 days of daily massage in your own country? I would try using another oil and see if that helps. Maybe have a couple of days break in between would also help.

Used to happen all the time with me. Lower legs looked crazy.

However, I've noticed many use coconut oil now and I no longer have these reactions.

I get the same on legs when I partake too often even when I shower straight away. 
I have tried to specify only coconut oil before but I usually just stop at random shops so I’m sure at times I get whatever they have available. I’ll try aloe Vera, thanks