IGNORED

Soi 11 hotel Ambassador or Citadines

tobeornottobe

Im considering either of these hotels on soi 11 but im open to a different recommendation and it doesnt have to be soi 11 but which of these 2 are the better?

They are quite different.

Citadines is a boutique style hotel, up-to-date and stylish. Only thing I have reservations about is that the shower is not a walk-in but is over smallish bathtub.

Ambassador - stayed there just once, quite a few years ago. Decided not to repeat as it was in need of general smarten-up and modernisation. Has this been done now? It had a visitor fee then; I got charged. Does it still apply? 

Many fellow guests were 'ethnic', especially Indian. Incompatible with me!

Of the two, it's Citadines for me.

OR...

Grand President and Eleven Hotel Bangkok are both halfway between Citadines and Ambassador in Sukhumvit Soi 11. 

I have stayed in both three times or so .They have a very differrent feel.The Ambassador is vast and hosts large tour groups .It has a very large swimming pool area that is much better than the one at Citadines, though the latter suits me well enough.When I stayed at the Ambassador 2016/18/19 I used the outdoor coffee shop there for breakfast which I found very pleasant .The one time I brought a girl back there was no joiner fee but a cheapskate 40b fee to copy her ID

When bringing back the same lady in 2022/23 to Citadines there was no vetting by reception or request for ID which can be seen as a positive or negative.In 2022 they encouraged me to join the free rewards programme which has saved me money on my last three stays and in August last month I had an extra reduction when it was my birthday month.I like the rooms (see my TRs for pictures) and find having the micro wave and big fridge useful at times for breakfast food .

I prefer Citadines but the two places are very different in style