IGNORED

Condoms on carry on bag

tobeornottobe

Are you allowed bring condoms on your carry on bag going to thailand. I assume lube is a definite no ?

12 minutes ago, tobeornottobe said:

Are you allowed bring condoms on your carry on bag going to thailand. I assume lube is a definite no ?

Is it a gallon of lube?

IYKYK

Condoms should be no issue. Lube in containers less than 100 ml should be fine too. But I pack both in my checked in baggage as I would avoid security going through it at check in and pulling out those items in a random check.

• Like 3

Yes, you can bring your favorite brand of condoms in your carryon bag. Lube qualifies as a Liquid and should be in max 100 ml bottles in a clear plastic bag or case. 

Unless you prefer a specific brand just buy when you are in Thailand

pack your lube in a ziplock bag just in case the airline enforces this rule. also if something happens it saves your toiletries bag from a big mess.

I had plenty of condoms OSL - BKK in November in my carry-on. I only use a carry-on and a pc bag. So everything is in my carry-on. No problem!

You buy KY when you get to Thailand. Every 7-11 has KY

Edited by pej
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

Are you allowed bring condoms on your carry on bag going to thailand.  ?

Why wouldn't you be allowed ?.

I can't think of any reason at all why you wouldn't, hence the query

Years ago on my 1 & only visit to Phuket (hated the place) I was flying back to Bangkok, had a lot of  condoms in my backpack loose & of course I got searched.

The 20 something female airport worker completely emptied my bag & every time she took out another Johnnie she looked at me with utter disgust, always pack them in a toiletries bag & in the suitcase now. 

14 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

every time she took out another Johnnie she looked at me with utter disgust

Maybe she was a bareback lover, you should have asked 😂

1 hour ago, Baxidar ba said:

The 20 something female airport worker completely emptied my bag & every time she took out another Johnnie she looked at me with utter disgust, always pack them in a toiletries bag & in the suitcase now. 

So what, you never see the female worker again. What she thinks do not matter

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

Lube would be a no, but condoms no problems.  Are you planning to fuck someone mid flight on the plane?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Just now, gentleenforcer said:

Lube would be a no

Why not?

IYKYK

28 minutes ago, speedtoy said:

Why not?

Probably classed as Liquid by the airport security. 

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

36 minutes ago, speedtoy said:

Why not?

Definitely classed as a Liquid. Just like toothpaste, shaving foam etc. 
100ml limit in hand luggage. 

20 minutes ago, gentleenforcer said:

Probably classed as Liquid by the airport security. 

So?

Just like sun tan lotion, toothpaste..lots of things..

IYKYK

12 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

Definitely classed as a Liquid. Just like toothpaste, shaving foam etc. 
100ml limit in hand luggage. 

Does not mean its a "no" substance.

IYKYK

2 minutes ago, speedtoy said:

Does not mean its a "no" substance.

Why not? It is a Liquid
That said I’ve had a bar of soap confiscated as it's a “liquid”. So the interpretation is very much up to the local authority. 

depends on how much lube you are talking about i guess.

if its more than 100ml then no, under then i guess its ok?

Edited by david_vr

32 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

That said I’ve had a bar of soap confiscated as it's a “liquid”. So the interpretation is very much up to the local authority. 

Hard to believe a solid bar of soap TODAY is an issue, in the beginning months of "crazy" over "liquids, yes, I can believe it more back then.  

Ive had the same bottle of "KY Fire & Ice" rattling around in my backpack for like 5 yrs, never a question.

36 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

Why not? It is a Liquid

A forum full of people that _must_ transit airports to be relevant here, gotta be aware that 100ml/3.5oz of liquids are perfectly fine in your carry on bag.

That rule is 24 years old people...

• Like 2

IYKYK

I always put them in a checked bag, but am aware some people don't want to check bags.

Do make sure you double / triple wrap the bottle of lube in case it leaks. Maybe make sure you have a brand new one with the manufactures seal that less likely to leak.

But, if you're not going to check a bag and want to make it interesting, I guess you could use the condoms smuggler style and hide the lube "internally".... Any 20 something female airport worker finding it then will be really impressed!!!

I have had my bags searched twice at the airport. The first time the guy looked at the bag of condoms, looked at me and smiled. The second time the guy did not say anything.

41 minutes ago, little_me said:

double / triple wrap the bottle of lube in case it leaks

Mostly..just squeeze out the air.  An 1800-2500m elevation chance will cause issues with flip-top bottles, or cheap plastic screw top ones.

STILL use a bag, but..dont let it force itself out either.

IYKYK

I bring condoms from the US, no issue carry on.   Lube, you can buy the Durex blue bottle at any 7-11 or pharmacy, and I think is the best way to go because the girls recognize it. 

8850163900011_1-20230505143524-.jpg

11 hours ago, pej said:

You buy KY when you get to Thailand. Every 7-11 has KY

THIS.

i mean sure. maybe you have your favorite premium lube or soemthing. but I've tried fancy specialty lubes, and wasn't impressed. there are other lubes available here too if KY is too.... viscous. they have runny ones .

condoms *can* be an issue, i don't know what they have in pharmacies but i get Skyn from Lazada. if i want Naturalamb though i have to order from Amazon (note that Naturalamb feels great but does *not* protect against STIs, only bebbys, use at your own risk).