IGNORED

12 month Accommodation Rental Contract Requirement for non-O Visa

Curator

Is this still one of the latest requirements for getting a long term retirement visa?  I'm not seeing much forum traffic on this topic.  If I do not use an agent, then does this mean I'd have to sign a 12 month condo lease well before my 90 days runs out?  Doesn't this almost guarantee that I'll have to use an visa agent for a residency certificate?

10 hours ago, Curator said:

Is this still one of the latest requirements for getting a long term retirement visa?  I'm not seeing much forum traffic on this topic.  If I do not use an agent, then does this mean I'd have to sign a 12 month condo lease well before my 90 days runs out?  Doesn't this almost guarantee that I'll have to use an visa agent for a residency certificate?

I would think even a monthly resident contract would suffice. I got mine on a 5 month contract lease. I did use an agent though.

If you use an agent it will be so easy. But if your going to do it yourself, I'm sure there is a requirement list online somewhere. I wish I knew more for certain and I'm not trying to say rtff. 

10 hours ago, Curator said:

It is a confusing subject and I cannot answer the question regarding length of contract/lease, in fact when I started my retirement process I did use an agent and only had a "holiday booking". You don't AFAIK need a residence certificate for the visa but you will need one for a TDL which I did the residency certificate myself, which as all paperwork is "a pain"here but doesn't need an agent.

The more important aspect of your retirement application DIY is depositing 800k in a TBA earning little or no interest and the requirements for it to be there for months before (and after) your application, hence I 25k baht using an agent which was way more painless and didn't tie up interest capital in my home country.

I understand your comment "not seeing much forum traffic on this topic" the search facility seems a bit either "overwhelmed" or possibly outdated.

On 11/01/2024 at 09:58, Curator said:

No

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/page/non-immigrant-visa-o-a?menu=5e1ff71bc4281a00c812e8e2

Do the residency cert your self if you ned it

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 15/01/2024 at 05:51, talung66 said:

I wasn't talking about the Non-OA visa but the Non-0. I follow Trevor from Buzzin Pattaya and his latest talk with an agent talked about this proof of a 12-month contract for accomodations that you need before you can apply for the Non-O.  Starts around 11:29 

On 15/01/2024 at 05:51, talung66 said: