Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Saudi airways

The Serpent

Hi All

Has anyone flown with Saudi airlines recently

I found a BC ticket with them for $2,858 AUD, but I'd rather not take this option

What I'm planning to do is fly BKK to MAN than AMS to BKK, however I'm not finding anything for under $4,500 AUD

The Saudi option for $2,858 AUD is MNL to MAN then AMS to MNL

What this means is I also have to purchase a BKK/MNL/BKK ticket, which would make the total cost closer to $3,300 AUD

I'd rather avoid this inconvenience, but if the feedback is positive, I might bite the bullet and take up the Saudi option

Never flown a Saudi airline, but I’m fairly certain they do not carry/serve alcohol onboard if that’s a concern for you.  

I don't drink momo5, so this won't be an issue

I flew Saudia less than a week ago.

The planes are clean, well maintained and the service was top notch - as I have come to expect with most Skymile partner airlines.

I am able to sleep where I fall generally so flying is an exercise of getting comfy and excelling at the sport of looking at the inside of my eyelids. I was easily able to do this on my flights.

As pointed out they don't carry alcohol and readings from the Quran will be played during the safety briefings. The movie selection isn't the most awe inspiring but there's enough to fill 7 or 8 hours with 100% of your focus for sure. I am sure if you are respectful enough of other cultures this will be no issue.

I would fly them again if the price was right.

Thanks for review Ceed

I flew with Saudia two months ago. The food, seat, and service were great.

I also had a 12-hour stopover, during which I got a free 5-star hotel

I will fly with Saudia again if the price is right. (There's no alcohol, but that's not a bad thing.)

IMG_20231001_094508.jpg

IMG_20231016_010405.jpg

IMG_20231015_194950.jpg

IMG_20231015_194954.jpg

IMG_20231001_025544.jpg

IMG_20231001_043906.jpg

Thanks for the review balckhansi

A few more positive reports like these and I might buy that ticket

I flew a one-way BKK-RUH-LHR several months ago, they were fine onboard😎 and only 1/3-full in economy, stopover was 4-5 hours but that's doable.

Flying with the via JED in two-weeks' time, returning end-March, the economy-fare was a shade under £600 and one hold-bag of 23kgs, so clearly I have no problem in taking them again, until the world gets back to normal, and I can find sub-£500 flights with other airlines once more.  

Edited by semi-retired member

Indeed, depends the price of the ticket.

Alcohol is very expensive in the international zone which include while on board/flying ,and therefore this has a big influence on the price of the ticket, it is really something that must be taken into account.

Mostly if you fly in business/first class where fine and  expensive wines and liquors are on the menu

Edited by Jakuy7

11 hours ago, Blackhansi said:

I flew with Saudia two months ago. The food, seat, and service were great.

I also had a 12-hour stopover, during which I got a free 5-star hotel

I will fly with Saudia again if the price is right. (There's no alcohol, but that's not a bad thing.)

IMG_20231001_094508.jpg

IMG_20231016_010405.jpg

IMG_20231015_194950.jpg

IMG_20231015_194954.jpg

IMG_20231001_025544.jpg

IMG_20231001_043906.jpg

I will fly with Saudia again if the price is right. (There's no alcohol, but that's not a bad thing.)I will fly with Saudia again if the price is right. (There's no alcohol, but that's not a bad thing.)

So how much did pay for this fine/expensive alcohol-free flight  in business(?) / first(?) class ?

Edited by Jakuy7

I drink very little when flying anyway, a glass or two of wine with the meal at most, so being ‘dry’ isn’t a huge deal. However, having worked in Saudi for several years in the 90s I just won’t fly with them. It wasn’t a pleasant experience and, honestly, left an indelible impression on me regardless of changes since. I used to absolutely dread the flight back there and used to sit in departures looking longingly at other flights on the information board.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

All I’d like to see is a reduction of just 20% and I’d buy the ticket (Etihad currently has the cheapest price at $4,500 AUD)

As there looks like they’ll be no sales on the horizon (with Xmas and New Year’s come and gone) if I don’t find something by the end of this month and the Saudi price is still available, that looks like my best shot at a BC ticket

The only cheaper price is Austrian Air for $2,430 AUD, but this is with premium economy

That was actually going to be my next question, has anyone flown Austrian premium economy recently or premium economy in general…lol

At least with Austrian airlines, I’d be able to fly in/out of BKK

On 02/01/2024 at 15:18, Jakuy7 said:

So how much did pay for this fine/expensive alcohol-free flight  in business(?) / first(?) class ?

I paid a total of $890 for the round trip flight in Business Class.

Just came to the forum to ask the same question and by coincidence this was top.

Seen some great prices for later this year and was wondering what they are like, seems they are decent.

This has convinced me to book up.

I also noticed that you get a free stay in Jeddah (including hotel), if you choose a longer layover. Did this with Qatar before and it was worth it for a look around. 

Read on different forum that the flights are often rescheduled resulting in a long layover.

Be prepared.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CampariO said:

Read on different forum that the flights are often rescheduled resulting in a long layover.

Be prepared.

Oh dear. I've just booked 11.5 months in advance so fully expected that they'll reschedule. Worst case is I'll do a hotel stay and relax for 24 hours. 

Paid £750 for Mid December to January 4th... was £500 cheaper than anyone else.

Edited by Pattaya Ape

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/01/2024 at 05:21, Blackhansi said:

I paid a total of $890 for the round trip flight in Business Class.

I'd like to see the invoice on that price lol

Not flown with them yet, but I've been impressed with their customer service. They rescheduled my flight by 24 hours, but then booked me on a flight with Qatar airways on the original day with better connection times 😀

• 5 weeks later...
On 01/01/2024 at 22:32, semi-retired member said:

I flew a one-way BKK-RUH-LHR several months ago, they were fine onboard😎 and only 1/3-full in economy, stopover was 4-5 hours but that's doable.

Flying with the via JED in two-weeks' time, returning end-March, the economy-fare was a shade under £600 and one hold-bag of 23kgs, so clearly I have no problem in taking them again, until the world gets back to normal, and I can find sub-£500 flights with other airlines once more.  

Sounds like the route I am taking in a few weeks -- LHR-JED-BKK.  The flight from LHR gets in around midnight, with a departure to BKK around 2 a.m.

Was that the flight you were on?  How was it?

Any issues with the 2 hour layover? 

I'm thinking that is plenty of time to make my connection, but who knows if there is a long delay?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Sounds like the route I am taking in a few weeks -- LHR-JED-BKK.  The flight from LHR gets in around midnight, with a departure to BKK around 2 a.m.

I'm thinking that is plenty of time to make my connection, but who knows if there is a long delay?

I was on LGW-JED-BKK, not the LHR-flight, but no problems with the connection in Jeddah, same terminal and not that busy  ...  I'd do it again.  😎

On 21/02/2024 at 19:44, Luv2Phuket said:

40 minures is the officially IATA minimum transit connection allowable so 2 hours is 3 times as long

If the inbound motor is delayed all bets are off but that applies to all airlines

They'll normally hold for 20-30 minutes but no longer as passengers arriving in Bangkok will have onward connections

It will be fine though. Ground handling at all airports where connections are short know their stuff

Edited by KyleReading
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, KyleReading said:

It will be fine though. Ground handling at all airports where connections are short know their stuff

Which is why Saudia, ahem 🥺rightly allow a much-more-generous connection-time, IMO.  😎

Never mind, it's a small price to pay, for a lower-fare and a probably-less-than-half-full plane !  👍

I just got off an ultra-cheap return to the UK on China Eastern, which still got me home to Chiang Mai safely & on-time, but where the catering was less-than-stellar & pretty-much every seat taken !

You pays your money, and takes your choice. 😊

• 4 weeks later...

Quick follow-up/recap

I had no issues with the in-flight service on Saudia - the seat was comfortable and the meals were pretty good.  Doing LHR-JED-BKK pretty much splits the trip down the middle -- about a 6+ hour flight for the first leg, then a 7 hour leg into BKK.

Only problem was WiFi:
 - NEITHER leg had in-flight WiFi
 - the airport in Jeddah requires you to receive a code via text message to use it....which defeats the whole purpose of "free" WiFi!  555

I should have gone to the lounge, but my failure to do so meant that I was out of touch for the better part of 24 hours.

• 1 month later...
On 31/12/2023 at 02:41, The Serpent said:

Hi All

Has anyone flown with Saudi airlines recently

I found a BC ticket with them for $2,858 AUD, but I'd rather not take this option

What I'm planning to do is fly BKK to MAN than AMS to BKK, however I'm not finding anything for under $4,500 AUD

The Saudi option for $2,858 AUD is MNL to MAN then AMS to MNL

What this means is I also have to purchase a BKK/MNL/BKK ticket, which would make the total cost closer to $3,300 AUD

I'd rather avoid this inconvenience, but if the feedback is positive, I might bite the bullet and take up the Saudi option

I personally would not use them again for the following reasons...

1 multiple itinerary changes after my initial booking including one ridiculous one which changed the destination to riyahd rather than jeddah without changing the connecting flight which was still in jeddah

2 outbound flight cancelled due to plane issues..24 hour delay for replacement flight..

3 baggage lost on homeward leg , delivered 3 days later

4 other minor flight changes during the holiday.

5 saudi air refusing/denying statutory compensation until Civil Aviation Authority intervened, finally paid up after 13 months delay...still waiting and actively persuing the baggage delay compensation through the C.A.A.

6 They are absolutely useless at communication..