IGNORED

Hong Kong to Bangkok flights?

TaffBill

Hi all.

Anyone flown into Bangkok recently from Hong Kong?

I'm looking at flights now and found 2 cheap ones for similar prices. One is with HK Express and the other is with Air Asia. Never heard of HK Express. They ok?

HK Express land at Swampy and Air Asia land DMK. I'm having a couple of day's in Bangkok before hitting Patts and was wondering which one was better for getting into Sukhumvit?

Cheers all

I'm only guessing here.

I think that HK Express would be since it lands at Swampy and your other option (Air Asia) doesn't. 

Hope this helps.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

In the last year I've flown from HK on both those airlines to Bangkok. I prefer HK Express because Swampy is a much better airport and has the train link to Nana and other areas of BK. It's also closer to Pattaya if you were to head there directly.

Cheers guy's. I'm going into Sukhumvit with a large suitcase. So the airport link train is out. Taxi it will be 

Depends on what time you’re landing; if arriving late night and not having to worry about traffic, taxi to Nana Plaza from DMK is about 15-20 minutes and a couple hundred baht; double the time and baht from Swampy. 

Cheers @momo5.

This is useful information. I haven't flown into DMK in a while now. So don't know the travelling time into Sukhumvit these day's. Haven't booked the flights yet but from what I recall Air Asia lands about 17.00 at DMK and HK Express arrives about 19.00 at Swampy. So I'm thinking the later flight would be better for less traffic 

34 minutes ago, TaffBill said:

Cheers @momo5.

This is useful information. I haven't flown into DMK in a while now. So don't know the travelling time into Sukhumvit these day's. Haven't booked the flights yet but from what I recall Air Asia lands about 17.00 at DMK and HK Express arrives about 19.00 at Swampy. So I'm thinking the later flight would be better for less traffic 

Yes; 5pm out of DMK would not be much fun.  7pm out of Swampy won’t be much better, but maybe relax and grab something to eat at the basement level and by 8/9pm wouldn’t be too bad.  

Cheers again @momo5 but think I'd rather an hour or so in traffic rather than hanging around in the airport for an hour or 2.

I am a regular visitor and know Bangkoks traffic. It's just I've never flown in from Hong Kong and not been to DMK for a fair few years    👌

They are a low-cost airline wholly-owned by Cathay Pacific, FWIW.