Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Chances of getting tourist visa to USA for thai GF?

maggicman

Met my special girl last trip to LOS and yes,I am in love.....she was introduced to me via her brother in a village near Korat.I was visiting my swedish friend and his girl.We were having a party and one of the thai guys in his limited english was trying to tell me how beautiful the western women were..I spat on the ground and told him only thai ladies for me.He proceeded to whip out his cellphone and showed me a pic of his sister.I complemented her looks and one thing led to another...he called her up after texting her my picture and we talked a bit...since my friends girlfriend has know this girl since birth she was recommended with high praise....no boyfriend,no kids and a dilligent worker.She finished school,has rudimentary english skills and has been working in a electronics factory for the past nine years.I invited her to Pattaya for her four days off and we hit it off right from the get go..not only is she very attractive and sweet,after the initial shyness wore off,I was blessed with a tiger in bed..

Okay, here's the deal...because she has had an extensive work history,does that increase her chances for a tourist visa?Do I work the deal from the US or do I need to get thai help?Is it really such a nightmare to get this done?Should I expect to pay $3,000 to $5,000 US to make it happen?If she goes to nursing school in thailand and then has a profession will that increase her chances for approval?

Gratefully looking forward to any help and advice that others from this hellhole country can offer....we let mexicans stroll across our borders unimpeded but forget about legal immigration!Thanks to all who have any constructive input on this herculean task...MM

10 years ago my friend tried to get a tourist visa for his GF and she was rejected. I would imagine it is even harder now.

There are several companies in pattaya that specialize in this. It can't hurt to talk to them.

P.S. I also carry a photo of my sister on my cell phone.

It is harder than fuck for them to get a tourist visa. They have to prove they will return to Thailand after the trip. Proof of property ownership, sufficient money in the bank, ties that make them want to come back and not stay illegally. I know of people that work for the Thai govt., own homes and land, money in the bank and they get turned down regularly. I think since 9-11 it's even harder. Now some have said if you book a trip through a travel agency, like a group trip like you see the Japanese coming to the states on all the time, they can arrange to get the visa but I am not for sure on that. Might be worth looking into. My wife and I tried a few years ago and it was denied almost automatically. It seems much easier to get a fiancee visa than the tourist visa. Might cost a little more, but you can do the papers yourself.

The fiancee visa is a long and costly process but it works. I did it and the cost was close to $2K and it took 8 months. The assumption is that you will get married when she comes to the U.S. and that you will apply for her to stay. You don't have to get married and you don't have to stay.

My wife and I did get married but returned to Thailand. We just got her a tourist visa this week with minimal effort because she had gotten a visa in the past and returned. A girl that preceeded her was turned down. The interviewer told her it was because she had a job. Doesn't make sense and she was very upset. She had paid a service a few thousand baht.

It is a real catch 22. They can't get a visa to visit because they might stay. They can get a fiancee visa and are expected to stay.

Pisses me off because we just wanted to go for a visit and now I am married. But easy to get a tourist visa now.

Edited by m_right

Number one factor in getting a Thai girl a Visa is that she own a House. Bigger the better.

Second factor is does she have her own business. Something that she can show that provides a better then normal income compared with the other thai's.

Without these 2 factors its very hard to get a tourist visa to USA. The number one thing they look for is "What does she own or have in Thailand that will make her return to Thailand". A big business and a house makes it very assumable that she will return. A professional jobs doesnt have any guarantees either....Matter of fact, if she has a Professional job she is LESS LIKELY to return casue once she sees how much they pay in USA for professional work she wont want to return.

Does she have children in Thailand to return to? These are the things the embassy will look for.

A bargirl with a Bank account will not cut it.

Edited by SlickMonkey

maggicman,i have a friend that works customs at JFK and he told me in the last 8 yrs he only seen bout 20-30 girls arrive with a tourist visa from thailand. you have better chance of hitting the lottery than getting one.

K-1 fiancee visa is definitely possible.

She can stay for 90 days. If you don't marry, she must go home.

If you decide to marry later, must do in Thailand and get a marriage visa in Thailand.

Takes time and lots of paperwork.

I would definitely recommend a lawyer that will handle all the details for your lady-good one is 2K US and up.

Tourist Visa - virtually impossible and not worth the time and effort.

I know a Thai doctor. She could not get a tourist visa and owns a home and a practice.

She had been invited to speak at a University in the states. Could not get a visa.

It is absolutely ridiculous. Mexican's pouring across the border every day and we have to deal with this shit for our TG's.

It really is Impossible to get your thai girl a tourist visa. The ONLY way is the fiance visa or marriage visa....I've only known my thai girl about a year....but I'm already doing the fiance visa. If you really love her, its the price we pay for loving a girl in another country. America really makes it hard to immigrate legally now. Just make sure you have a decent prenup in thailand before you bring her to usa.

Or bring her to Mexico and smuggle her across the border, probably will be easier!

Thank you all for your very insightful and accurate posts...since posting,was able to contact a law firm in Bangkok that specializes in USA visas.The attorneys are former americans and really understand the process...y'all were right on the money suggesting a fiancee visa over a tourist visa.The cost quoted was around $2,000 US.I was reluctant to bring her over for more than 30 days to make sure she will be able to acclimate.It is one thing hanging out in hotel rooms and going shopping in Thailand to starting a new life in a foreign land...

As I said already,there is nothing attractive about western freedom stallions with the ass end of a horse!Spit-tooey!So a minor inconvenience for something worth keeping.

Have asked for permission to post this attorneys name and number here.He came recommended from a friend of a friend who was successful bringing a Burmese over via Thailand.As soon as I know more,will post for all to see...Thanks, MM

Footnote: Lots of extra Mexican fatties walking around Texas.If you like mustaches and hairy arms on women,there are a couple of million to choose from. ..please come take a few away with you!

This was written to me by BM Up2Usexyman. I found it quite helpful, as my GF and I will be attempting to do this in July for a visit to the fams house in Sept.

Pattaya Addict

Group: Trusted Member

Member No.: 2,950

Did ours ourselves. Go to the Post Office and buy a pin number for the US Embassy (about $14). After that go online and make an appointment. Suggest you try to make it as early in the morning as you can to reduce the waiting time. Once you have you appointment date set go back online and fill out your forms. After you do that go back to the post office and pay your fee (about 4,500 baht).

Everyone now has to have an interview to get a Visa. The interview is about 5 minutes but the waiting around is about 3-4 hours.

If your girlfriends English is pretty good then I would recommend she have the interview in English.

Also, prepare her for the questions she is going to be asked. Why do you want the Visa? Where are you staying? How do you know them? How will you pay for the trip? Where do you work? Oh, you go to school, what are you taking? Where do you go to school? How long have you been going there?

My girlfriend told me that when she went for her interview she could overhear others being interviewed and the girls couldn't answer even the simplest of questions. I prepared her like a lawyer would a client for a court case. She didn't really like it but it sure helped.

We had the interview on a Monday and by Wednesday afternoon her Visa was here in Pattaya via the mail.

Tip - don't show up too early for your appointment as they will just make you wait. 45 minutes or so is OK as they want you there 30 minutes early anyway. One guy was there at 7am for a 10am appointment and they just told him to come back at his scheduled time. They are group appointments so yours won't be the only appt. at that time.

Thank you all for your very insightful and accurate posts...since posting,was able to contact a law firm in Bangkok that specializes in USA visas.The attorneys are former americans and really understand the process...y'all were right on the money suggesting a fiancee visa over a tourist visa.The cost quoted was around $2,000 US.I was reluctant to bring her over for more than 30 days to make sure she will be able to acclimate.It is one thing hanging out in hotel rooms and going shopping in Thailand to starting a new life in a foreign land...

As I said already,there is nothing attractive about western freedom stallions with the ass end of a horse!Spit-tooey!So a minor inconvenience for something worth keeping.

Have asked for permission to post this attorneys name and number here.He came recommended from a friend of a friend who was successful bringing a Burmese over via Thailand.As soon as I know more,will post for all to see...Thanks, MM

Footnote: Lots of extra Mexican fatties walking around Texas.If you like mustaches and hairy arms on women,there are a couple of million to choose from. ..please come take a few away with you!

For a fiancee visa i don't think you need a lawyer or consultant, you can do it yourself with information available on the internet.

maggicman,i have a friend that works customs at JFK and he told me in the last 8 yrs he only seen bout 20-30 girls arrive with a tourist visa from thailand. you have better chance of hitting the lottery than getting one.

You just kill my dreamss.... the truth does hurt