Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

I have a tourist visa, did not get the right stamp.

Welder

Was in a hurry to get to my connecting flight and did not check my passport as I usually do.

I handed them my travel documents, with the tourist visa, they looked at it, stamped the passport and gave them back to me.

Later I noticed the date in my passport was 2:nd of january. I arrived 5:th of december.

So does anyone know how to fix this the easiest/ fastest way?

• I am going to Pattaya the 22 of december.
  • My tourist visa is valid to 14:th of february.
  • I am returning back home the 5:th of march.

At first I was thinking about visit Cambodia from 2:nd of january for 3-4 days but I would prefer not to.

Can an agency be of assistance?

Well, that's annoying. If memory serves, it can only be corrected where you were stamped in. Might be worth visiting local immigration offices to check that. Was it at Swampy? When you're in Pattaya, you could potentially take a trip to get it corrected. Not fun, I know. I would not recommend pretending you didn't see it. 

And for anyone following, as should be clear, always always check your stamp before leaving the immigration area. 

• Thanks 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

An immigration office ‘might’ fix it for you but if you’re in Bangkok then going back to the airport to get it changed is probably the best option. Not ideal I know.

Otherwise it’s just hoping an immigration office will change it (don’t know if an agent in Pattaya can help with this) or taking a side trip and using the visa on your return, assuming it wasn’t used the first time.

Is anything written under the entry stamp?? They sometimes put ‘TR’ or similar to show you entered on a visa.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Happened to me but I spotted the 'mistake' while still at the desk. Check, check, check.

Arrived 21 April 2017, stamped leave by 20 May. This was on the page facing a tourist visa entry.  I respectfully pointed out the TR and he used a stamp set at 19 June. He said no matter because the system knows when I must depart.

I wisely didn't point out that would not help if I was stopped in the street and I would not have been confident when I came to leave.

6 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Was it at Swampy?

Yes it was.

3 hours ago, davidge said:

Is anything written under the entry stamp?? They sometimes put ‘TR’ or similar to show you entered on a visa.

They stamped "E-visa" on it and a signature..

Well, I will arrive to Swampy on friday so I will find the immigration there and see if they could fix it for me.

Thanks for the input.

I will report back how it went.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

Pretend you didn’t see it.

Pleading ignorance, or pointing out that it was an obvious mistake by a previous officer will absolutely not be a good idea.

How I know: because on my third annual renewal, a local office forgot to add the requested re-entry rider to my usual 1-year stamp - and I didn't see the stamp that wasn't there and thought I'd got what I'd asked for. The dates were right. And that's why I've been exiled for the last year. Back next month, finally!

10 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Well, that's annoying. If memory serves, it can only be corrected where you were stamped in. Might be worth visiting local immigration offices to check that. Was it at Swampy? When you're in Pattaya, you could potentially take a trip to get it corrected. Not fun, I know. I would not recommend pretending you didn't see it. 

And for anyone following, as should be clear, always always check your stamp before leaving the immigration area. 

The three step rule

Dont take three steps from immigration without checking the dates they've stamped

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 20/12/2023 at 18:08, Welder said:

I will report back how it went.

So that did not go well.

I got my bags and tried to find the Immigration at Swampy.

Information desk told me to talk with people from Thai Airways and they will help me in this matter.

They did, called someone from Immigration that would meet up and sort things out. The man from Thai took me to a stand and told me to wait there for the person from Immigration. After 25 minutes of waiting I did go back to the guy from Thai and he made a new call. And sure enough, they been there but did not see the only white guy being a head taller than the rest. So the guy from Thai followed me again and stayed until the Im migration guy came.

That man totaly ignored me the whole time, he did not even looked at me.

After the man from Thai told me that the only way for them to even consider to help me was to make an appointment and go and see them another day. But they are probably not going to help you anyway. They did a mistake but does not want to admit they did.

All that save face shit even at immigration office, or if it was just that man. Anyway, now I guess I just leave the country when it is time. Right now I'm pretty sick of all the crap their mistakes give me to deal with.

I had a grand outbreak of drama years ago flying into Cambodia.

Actually stamped me 'in' and 'valid to' the same (that day's) date!

We ended up with 7 uniformed officials at one stage all scratching at it, marker pens, overstamping, countersigning (I asked would it be easier if we spoke to Snow White - but it was lost on them :D)

Good job I checked as always, dread to think of the ensuing pantomime on departure if I hadn't.

21 minutes ago, regyai said:

I had a grand outbreak of drama years ago flying into Cambodia.

They used to put visa stickers into your passport that would eventually peel off, then charge you a fee for losing that sticker if you tried to reenter.  They knew it happened because they would put a stamp at the upper-right of the sticker that partially extended over onto the page the sticker was on, so they'd go through your passport and look for those partial stamps.  LOL, fookin twunts!  :rolleyes:

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

On 23/12/2023 at 18:05, Welder said:

So that did not go well

Sad and disappointed to read that. Oh well. Hope you'll find a way to enjoy the unwanted travels. 

On 24/12/2023 at 00:05, Welder said:

So that did not go well.

I got my bags and tried to find the Immigration at Swampy.

Information desk told me to talk with people from Thai Airways and they will help me in this matter.

They did, called someone from Immigration that would meet up and sort things out. The man from Thai took me to a stand and told me to wait there for the person from Immigration. After 25 minutes of waiting I did go back to the guy from Thai and he made a new call. And sure enough, they been there but did not see the only white guy being a head taller than the rest. So the guy from Thai followed me again and stayed until the Im migration guy came.

That man totaly ignored me the whole time, he did not even looked at me.

After the man from Thai told me that the only way for them to even consider to help me was to make an appointment and go and see them another day. But they are probably not going to help you anyway. They did a mistake but does not want to admit they did.

All that save face shit even at immigration office, or if it was just that man. Anyway, now I guess I just leave the country when it is time. Right now I'm pretty sick of all the crap their mistakes give me to deal with.

Should have listened to me. 

19 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

Should have listened to me. 

Yeah. Potentially loosing 20k baht on exit and running the risk of being jailed and deported if stopped at a check point. Great advice indeed :10of10Score:

I have read a number of posts on here where another immig office has made the change. Personally have a friend who had it done at Jomtien pre Covid.

Have you talked to an Agent? He would be dealing with his immig contact, not the guy who made the error, so no loss of face. 

4 hours ago, biggles said:

Have you talked to an Agent? He would be dealing with his immig contact, not the guy who made the error, so no loss of face. 

I was to my regular agents office today just to find out they was closed today.

Later, as I was looking on flights to Cambodia, I got a call from a friend who is married to a lady that use to work in immigration in Phuket.

I send them copies of my passport, the stamp and the visa. She called somebody in Phuket immigration that could enter their system and as far as they can see my visa is valid, it is just the stamp that is wrong. If I was in Phuket she could help me and probably give me the 30 day extension at the same time.

If it is truth or not, I dont know but it might be.

Anyway, I am going to immigration tomorrow to see if they can help me. I made an appointment online.

The wife can talk with them but that is if they are willing to listen to her. I think I visit the agent as well.

To be continued i guess.

That online appointment was helping a lot.. NOT!

I was there trying to find out where to meet with the people that would see me at the confirmed time, but without any further information of where the meeting is going to take place.

I opened a door to ask if they kknow, they only replied, rather rude, that I need to get a ticket for queing, when I told them I made a reservation online they just repeeted themself a bit higher.

So outside to stand in a que to get a ticket to stay in another que. Stayed in line for 30 minutes as the staff was busy looking on their phones. (It was breaktime for them but still..

When that que finally started to move and it was my turn, I explained once again that I made an appointment and my reason for being there at all. There was no need for me to stay in any que at all, just go inside and talk with somebody behind number 1. I had no idea what that was but when I came inside it was clear to me. It was the number of the counter inside.

There was a lot of agencies there pushing themself first in line. I asked one of them how it works but only got two eyeballs facing me briefly. There was a volonteer inside, I asked him but by his respond, he was not able to help me.

A chair was suddenly free, I sat down, was ignored again for a minute or two but when the guy inside finaly showed some interest in his job I told him that I got the wrong stamp at the airport and not the 60 days I should have.

Whithout even looking at my visa or at the computer to verify what I just told him, he just took my passport, crossed out the incorrect date and stamped a new one and that was that. It took me five minutes from when I entered the right door until I was out on the street again.

I am probably not going to get 60 + 30 days, more likely 88 in total. I will use an agency next time and see if they might get me the extra days I did not get in the beginning, if not I will gladly pay the fine for two days overstay.

5 hours ago, Welder said:

I am probably not going to get 60 + 30 days, more likely 88 in total. I will use an agency next time and see if they might get me the extra days I did not get in the beginning, if not I will gladly pay the fine for two days overstay.

Why would not you get 60 + 30 if your visa has been up dated your now in your SETV with 60 days from arrival and you can extended that another 30.

Well seems you got it fixed i would have just done a visa run with the unused SETV to activate it on day 30. 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

7 hours ago, talung66 said:

Why would not you get 60 + 30 if your visa has been up dated your now in your SETV with 60 days from arrival and you can extended that another 30.

Well seems you got it fixed i would have just done a visa run with the unused SETV to activate it on day 30. 

Why? To be honest, I am surprised that most of those guys have a job.

Did not get 30 days the first time, just 28 and then 30 more.

The SETV was already activated so that was not an option.