Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bespoke Shoes

corp009

Hey guys , i am looking for suggestions for bespoke shoes , i ve had some clothes made before in Pattaya but never shoes, i have been looking and found some places but would love to hear from anyone who has had some made before . 

• Like 2

With all due respect Pattaya would be one of the last places i'd be looking for bespoke shoes, granted theres many tailors that make clothes for the individual but i'd look closer to home regarding shoes.

• Like 3

Had a pair made in my home country…… bliss.

I have very wide, flat feet, and find it hard to find shoes that fit. The width one side was E+. The other side was E++……. Unfortunately the company got wiped out in a natural disaster. 

Had a pair made in Bangkok. I don’t think they added to the width of the last when forming the shoes, which looked nice enough, but did not fit. I tried wearing them a couple of times, then chucked them.

Now my flash shoes are moccasins, which are flexible enough to adjust to fit. Mostly I wear flip flops or sandals when I cannot go bare-foot.

If you have regular sized feet, stick with off the shelf footwear.

• Like 1

as a shoemaker i would give you the advice to look for a good shoemaker around your homebase. It will take some time. They will measure your feet, make a copy of your feet, called "last". Then they make a testshoe, mostly made out of cheap plastic, you try it, they change some things if needed and then they make your shoes. It will be not cheap but it will fit. If you life in a country with good health insurance, they will pay at least a part of it.

• 4 months later...
On 06/12/2023 at 09:18, corp009 said:

Hey guys , i am looking for suggestions for bespoke shoes , i ve had some clothes made before in Pattaya but never shoes, i have been looking and found some places but would love to hear from anyone who has had some made before . 

Did you end up, getting some handmade shoes? If so, are they any good?

1 hour ago, grahamfreeze said:

Did you end up, getting some handmade shoes? If so, are they any good?

Years ago I got two pairs made in Hoi An, on the cost of Vietnam. It is the 'tailoring capital' of Vietnam.

One pair was quite good; moccasins but lost shape after a few months. Other pair was gym shoes, broke apart quickly. Forget the price but not a lot. Overall, not recommended, the ones I bought.

Also got tailored trousers: excellent. 24 hour service. Lasted just about forever!

1 hour ago, Bonkabit said:

Also got tailored trousers: excellent. 24 hour service. Lasted just about forever!

Was that also in Hoi An? Would be great with some tailored jeans, I often find them to narrow on my calves unless they are the baggy type that I don't like.

Not Pattaya, but Liu's Bootery in Bangkok (Sukhumvit between Soi 10 and 12) makes good custom made shoes.

Bespoke and Custom made shoes are not the same.  If you know the difference, you will appreciate Liu's. 

13 hours ago, FarangBear said:
14 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

Was that also in Hoi An? Would be great with some tailored jeans, I often find them to narrow on my calves unless they are the baggy type that I don't like.

Yes, Hoi An on a tour from Saigon to Hanoi some years ago.

Still also have some silk shirts, made to measure in24 hours. I do not wear them very often; maybe that is why they have lasted so long!