Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Amethyst or Somerset?

Navymax

Hi Guys 

I usually stay at the Wave. It's been my go to prior to covid. It's all booked up from Dec 27 through 1/6 which is during my travel plans. I haven't been back to Pattaya since Covid so I'm super excited to get back!. I'm having a hard time choosing between Amethyst and Somerset. I like a little luxury but I don't want to be around a lot of kids and tourist. I'm traveling solo so I like to keep to myself and monger around at night. Rest and eat some good food during the day. What do you guys suggest...Amethyst or Somerset?

thanks in advance for your help and advice! 

• Like 1

There are reviews on both around here. And they seem good. You might try a few searches.

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Welcome back. I understand your growing excitement.

Both these hotels can be excellent options. They are somewhat different styles and are in quite different 'neighborhoods' .

When you walk outside...going for a bite to eat, a massage, or just a walk, what makes you smile? (No need to answer, just something to think about).

For me it would be the Amethyst because I like the eclectic vibe of Buakow v imo the more commercial vibe of 2nd Road.

If you like breakfast at Kungs, or Bake n Brew, then Amethyst. If you're more down for The Sportsman or Robin Hood Tavern then Somerset.

Fancy an early morning 'massage' on Soi Honey or Soi Chiayapoon? then Amethyst. Maybe youre up for daily jaunts to Soi 6, or Central Festival, or a walk on the beach? Somerset makes them all easy.

Bottom line: both are good options.

Good luck and looking forward to hearing how things progress.

Btw it's an amazing day today in Pattaya so for those here on the ground, get out and have fun!

Cheers

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

22 minutes ago, AngelCty2Nit said:

Welcome back. I understand your growing excitement.

Both these hotels can be excellent options. They are somewhat different styles and are in quite different 'neighborhoods' .

When you walk outside...going for a bite to eat, a massage, or just a walk, what makes you smile? (No need to answer, just something to think about).

For me it would be the Amethyst because I like the eclectic vibe of Buakow v imo the more commercial vibe of 2nd Road.

If you like breakfast at Kungs, or Bake n Brew, then Amethyst. If you're more down for The Sportsman or Robin Hood Tavern then Somerset.

Fancy an early morning 'massage' on Soi Honey or Soi Chiayapoon? then Amethyst. Maybe youre up for daily jaunts to Soi 6, or Central Festival, or a walk on the beach? Somerset makes them all easy.

Bottom line: both are good options.

Good luck and looking forward to hearing how things progress.

Btw it's an amazing day today in Pattaya so for those here on the ground, get out and have fun!

Cheers

I couldn’t agree more with this assessment of what each hotel has to offer . I have stayed in both. But be careful the Amethyst king rooms with balcony face the road and are quite loud at night. I had a nightmare trying to downgrade to a   quieter room toward the back of the hotel because I booked on Agoda and you know how Thais are about rules and regulations. I was finally moved to a quiet room. I wound say Somerset is nicer and newer but full of families and Chinese tour groups. 

• Like 3

Stayed in both Somerset a much better hotel . Better rooms and staff . Also a great location.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you everyone! I ended up staying at Amethyst. Great location. Very nice hotel for the price. Very clean and modern. Beds are so comfortable! My only qualm are the refrigerators haha. They don’t cool at all 😂

2 hours ago, Navymax said:

Thank you everyone! I ended up staying at Amethyst. Great location. Very nice hotel for the price. Very clean and modern. Beds are so comfortable! My only qualm are the refrigerators haha. They don’t cool at all 😂

Glad you enjoyed your Amethyst stay.  I'll be there this spring.  Too bad about the fridges.  Maybe I'll get a cheap cooler and fill it with ice from the hotel ice machines which hopefully are on each floor.  Like to keep some cold bottled water, juice available.  Just leave the cooler when I check out.

2 hours ago, Krane said:

Glad you enjoyed your Amethyst stay.  I'll be there this spring.  Too bad about the fridges.  Maybe I'll get a cheap cooler and fill it with ice from the hotel ice machines which hopefully are on each floor.  Like to keep some cold bottled water, juice available.  Just leave the cooler when I check out.

Hi,

3 weeks ago I was at the Amethyst. Really nice hotel but I am sorry you cant find ice machines on the floors. Its not like in the hotels in the States 🙂

10 hours ago, Navymax said:

Just move it away from the wall behind a little bit and you will notice a huge difference.

9 hours ago, Krane said:

I’m here at the Amethyst until the 2nd. I really like the rooms and location is good too.

I do like the cut through up to 2nd Road as well. Good spot but I will move to VT6 on the 2nd.

9 hours ago, stevelux said:

Hi,

3 weeks ago I was at the Amethyst. Really nice hotel but I am sorry you cant find ice machines on the floors. Its not like in the hotels in the States 🙂

Thanks for the info Steve.  Another thing that Amethyst doesn't have like some states are resort fees, which offsets lack of ice machines.  😁

3 hours ago, Jake.houston said:

I’m here at the Amethyst until the 2nd. I really like the rooms and location is good too.

I do like the cut through up to 2nd Road as well. Good spot but I will move to VT6 on the 2nd.

Is that the one at Avenue Mall or is there a closer shortcut to 2nd Rd. from Amethyst?  Thanks for the 411 Jake.

3 hours ago, Krane said:

Is that the one at Avenue Mall

The back side of the mall by Macky D’s.

I dropped by Amethyst and it seems nice for the money.  Only problem is they have a 20+ policy for girls so that's a no go for me.  If that doesn't concern you I think it has great location and is a great deal.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, utopia said:

I dropped by Amethyst and it seems nice for the money.  Only problem is they have a 20+ policy for girls so that's a no go for me.  If that doesn't concern you I think it has great location and is a great deal.

They aren’t hardcore about that. I brought up a 19y last night no issue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mike8910 said:

Just move it away from the wall behind a little bit and you will notice a huge difference.

Great tip! It helped a lot!

Another thing I like about Amethyst location it’s very close to 3 really good breakfast places…. 

Bake N Brew - great coffee! 
Kung’s - very good sausage and hash browns Mum’s 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 31/12/2023 at 07:18, utopia said:

I had several 19yo over and no issue at all. They're definitely not following the 20+ policy now.

I loved the Amethyst the two times I stayed there but they have some rooms in the back of the hotel that face directly the building next to it (as in a few meters away) so you look directly at a wall or in the hallway of the other building unless you're on a higher floor.

I tried booking with them again directly through their Line account but they couldn't guarantee a higher floor so will be trying out Somerset next trips as I don't want to risk getting a lower floor at the back again.

• Like 1

Stayed at the Somerset in one of the exec apartments, excellent hotel. Very impressed with the sound proofing even though it is so close to second road. Had no complaints, probably the best hotel I have stayed in in Thailand.

• Like 1