IGNORED

(Q) Anybody know what is going on with the Royal Cliff Grill Room?

ChiFlyer

The titled restaurant has long had a very solid reputation for being one of the better, if not best, steak houses in the greater Pattaya area. It is located in the hotel with the same name over toward Pratamank, actually it might be better described as the Cozy Beach area.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Royal+Cliff+Hotel+Group/@12.9233348,100.8604777,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m9!3m8!1s0x310297aa51db193d:0x75f28c4a57857076!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d12.9233348!4d100.8604777!16s%2Fm%2F05mtky6?entry=ttu

A friend of mine who loves great steak is coming to town in a few weeks. I tried to make a reservation for December 7th. I got an email back saying that The Grill Room will be closed effective September 7th and that the hotel has a new restaurant called "Caprice" that I should consider.

Anybody know if The Grill Room closing is permanent? Any info on the Caprice?

At a personal level, I am unlikely to recommend to my friend a restaurant that is in transition.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

I had some additional correspondence with the manager of The Grill Room. A few excerpts.

- Is The Grill Room closing for good or is this a temporary closing for remodeling or something like that?

Please note that our Royal Grill Room will be temporarily closed for this season and is scheduled to reopen next year, however the dates are not defined.

- With regard to the Caprice, is this a new opening? Is it in the same location as The Grill Room?
Kindly be informed that Caprice is our
fine dining restaurant which offers a stylish Western and Mediterranean inspired creative menu prepared only with the finest ingredients available. The Restaurant is situated at the Royal Wing Suites & Spa while the Royal Grill Room & Wine Cellar is located at the Royal Cliff Beach hotel. Please find more information regarding the Caprice Restaurant at the following link: https://www.royalwingsuites.com/dining/caprice/. Also, kindly find attached the menu for your review.

Caprice - Dry-Aged Beef - December 2023.pdf

Caprice Menu 2023-2024.pdf

• Thanks 2