IGNORED

Why do I keep getting "signed out"??

Firepole

No, I'm not being "Timed out". It can, literally, happens in less than 1 minute from, initially, signing in. I expect it to happen even before I'm done typing this post. It just happened before I had to sign BACK in to make this post. It does NOT happen to me in Bangkok Addicts or Philippines Addicts. 

This time I:

Signed in.

Clicked on the Forums.

Opened a Topic.

Clicked on Thread.

Quickly read three reply Posts.

Hit the Back button or clicked on the back arrow(it makes no difference).

Got the "That page not available to you, blah, blah..." and had to sign back in to get here. From the time I, initially, signed in until I got the "That page not available....." was, approximately, 1(one) minute. It is happening repeatedly although there are times when it takes two, three, sometimes five minutes for it to happen. And, yes, I realize that the Forum will, automatically, "time out" for safety reasons but that, usually, is set at something like 20 minutes(or something like that). That is not the issue.

Try different browsers on different devices. Not had a problem like that here. But having it to an agonizing degree on another forum. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

9 hours ago, Firepole said:

Yep, hit the "Submit" button to make the post above and found that I was signed out.

If your browser is automatically clearing cookies for some reason,  then that will have the effect of signing you out.  Is it possible you have an extension installed that clears or blocks cookies?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

11 hours ago, Firepole said:

No, I'm not being "Timed out". It can, literally, happens in less than 1 minute from, initially, signing in. I expect it to happen even before I'm done typing this post. It just happened before I had to sign BACK in to make this post. It does NOT happen to me in Bangkok Addicts or Philippines Addicts. 

This time I:

Signed in.

Clicked on the Forums.

Opened a Topic.

Clicked on Thread.

Quickly read three reply Posts.

Hit the Back button or clicked on the back arrow(it makes no difference).

Got the "That page not available to you, blah, blah..." and had to sign back in to get here. From the time I, initially, signed in until I got the "That page not available....." was, approximately, 1(one) minute. It is happening repeatedly although there are times when it takes two, three, sometimes five minutes for it to happen. And, yes, I realize that the Forum will, automatically, "time out" for safety reasons but that, usually, is set at something like 20 minutes(or something like that). That is not the issue.

Had it before sporadically for some BM's - it's being investigated and will be fixed

sun14.jpg

I would recommend getting a browser extension that lets you clear your session (and cookies) manually, and then doing that before logging back in.

Not sure if there are rules about linking out to that kind of thing, so if want a link to what I use, please DM me.

Alternatively, you can try in incognito mode or a different browser, though that may just be a short term solution

On 21/11/2023 at 08:36, Thomaz73 said:

Try different browsers on different devices. Not had a problem like that here. But having it to an agonizing degree on another forum. 

Thanks. Thought of that but have been using the same browser on 2 laptops for a l-o-n-g time. Never on issue before.  Agonizing is an understatement!

• Like 2

On 21/11/2023 at 08:59, ocka said:

If your browser is automatically clearing cookies for some reason,  then that will have the effect of signing you out.  Is it possible you have an extension installed that clears or blocks cookies?

Thanks. If that were the case I would think it would cause the same issue on different forum(Bangkok & Phil's Addicts) but it doesn't. No issues there.

On 21/11/2023 at 10:14, kgbagent said:

Had it before sporadically for some BM's - it's being investigated and will be fixed

Thank you.

On 21/11/2023 at 10:16, lixianan said:

I would recommend getting a browser extension that lets you clear your session (and cookies) manually, and then doing that before logging back in.

Not sure if there are rules about linking out to that kind of thing, so if want a link to what I use, please DM me.

Alternatively, you can try in incognito mode or a different browser, though that may just be a short term solution

Thanks but I don't think that's the issue. Same browser and laptops for years without issue. No significant changes with either.

7 hours ago, Firepole said:

Thank you.

OK - can you try this - clear browser cache and Enable Automatic Login

sun14.jpg