Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jasmine Mansion Soi Bua Kow

acranger

I Stayed here back in 2008 and had a great stay. My room was on the 1st floor next to Club Blu so it was a bit noisy, but other than that, no complaints.

I have to say however, that since Kevin stopped running the day to day business of the hotel, it has fallen far from where it once was.

I was planning on staying a month in Pattaya and negotiated a monthy rate with the hotel. The rate included breakfast for 2. When I arrived, I was told they no longer included breakfast. I produced hard copies of the email traffic and the agreement that breakfast was included.

Her response was to include breakfast for one person. I am not a monger (no offense against those who are) and I checked into the hotel with my thai fiance. Tell me one reptuable hotel that would even consider a proposal of only serving breakfast to one of the guests?

2nd, the phone line didnt work in my room. She sent up a new phone, which also didn't work. I was assured this would be taken care of tomorrow ( this was over a week ago) I have stopped even asking about it because I know nothing is going to happen.

Third, after receiving a 200thb tip from me TG, the cleaning lady proceeded to tell her she needs to start taking her own garbage down the 6 flights of stairs, as it was too much work for her to do. The owner of the hotel repeated this to her the next time she left the hotel.

Lastly, I left the hotel around 8am for breakfast, left the "please clean room" sign hanging from the door. After breakfast I went and got a massage and ran some errands and got back to the hotel around 1120. The housekeepers were sitting in the lobby drinking coffee and my room is still not clean.

The breakfast was the closing deal on why I chose this place, now I am just here out of laziness to find a new hotel. I still might, because i paid a bit in advance and have a few days left.

This place will try and pressure you to pay your entire stay in advance DO NOT DO IT. I only paid a week and i am regretting it.

It is really too bad too, this used to be a great place, Kevin, you need to come back and take things over, your wife is running things into the ground.

yes down hill for sure

i got booked into a room that stuck like a sewer, they made a fuss about not having another room

but when i got jai rorn they found one!

earlier this year they over charged me on my room rate and claimed i used the mini bar (never)

made me wait to check in while some bozo russikis wanted to look at the rooms.

when i had enough i checked my room tab and guess what? well over again.

i had to take the calculator off the staff type in the correct amount and days

for them to agree.

problems all the way

yep kev needs to be in charge but i believe this aint going to happen.

Member since Dec 06.

Kevin has left the business for a while now (I think at least 6 months ago). He and misses are in divorce procedures. Sad, I stayed there during several triips and liked the place and how they ran it.

If misses doesn't get the standards back up to old levels very quickly, I'm sure it'll be the end of Jasmine Mansion as we knew it.

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

I also stayed here when Kevin ran the place, largely on the back of the almost entirely postive feedback the place received from those who stayed.

Obviously gone down hill quite a lot since he left

That's really to bad since I enjoyed my month long stay back in 2007 when Kevin and the wife were on better terms. And the day to day operations were kept to a higher level of service. :D I hope that Kevin is doing ok now!

Edited by Owl

Owl

Change over to Bliss Mansion, Soi Diana! Big rooms, even with bathtubes are Nr 302, 402, 502 for 590 Baht. Busy roommates, good location, but without breakfast. English breakfast opposite at Robin's Rest u Rant for 100Baht. Just left room 302 on last Saturday....

Paying to stay your whole holiday in one place is a loose loose scenario.

When hotels have you booked in for a longtime they sometimes take your for granted.

And you loose the ability to chance hotels if you find a bargin somewhere else or just fancy a few nights in Koh chang or whatever.

Paying to stay your whole holiday in one place is a loose loose scenario.

When hotels have you booked in for a longtime they sometimes take your for granted.

And you loose the ability to chance hotels if you find a bargin somewhere else or just fancy a few nights in Koh chang or whatever.

The bad idea is really in paying ANY up front payment before arrival and checking that room/service is of the same standard as your previous visit.This can generally be satisfied during the 1st 24 hours! :GoldenSmile1:

Well, I was there in November/December '08 and I had the feeling of things getting trimmed down too. One day I woke up and while breakfast was until 1 pm on that day they charged me 110 baht AFTER breakfast. Well now only until 11 am, they said. Well it would have been nice if they told me. I didn't get my money back, since the boss wasn't there and I'm not making trouble over the few bahts, but what kind of management is that? And now they state on their site there's only breakfast for one included, guess it's cost saving they're trying to do, but if the customers will like it, not sure.

Than the paying in front, well since the good reviews, I just paid in front, than they started cleaning the sewers in the street, it was an unbelievable noise... No chance of sleeping, they were still busy at 4am in the morning and I had a room at the front, first floor. :s Well, I just took it, no I'm not a difficult customer I guess.

The next night they moved on, so problem solved, until the next week, they started the other side. I was like, WTF, another night like this, oh no...

Made my complaint at the desk and said or a 1 night refund, or a room at the back. After a lot of discussion they decided to call the boss (jid). After I made my point, she offered another smaller room, but hey, I was happy I could sleep.

So, I can't say it was bad all the way, most of the staff was very friendly and also Jid tried to make your stay comfortable. I guess she just needs to learn how to keep her customers happy (like not charging 30 baht for water from the mini bar, no free water in Thailand???).

I booked another place now, not that I didn't want to return, but just wanted to try another location. Though other places around the corner in LK Metro will be better, if I read the reviews.

Change over to Bliss Mansion, Soi Diana! Big rooms, even with bathtubes are Nr 302, 402, 502 for 590 Baht. Busy roommates, good location, but without breakfast. English breakfast opposite at Robin's Rest u Rant for 100Baht. Just left room 302 on last Saturday....

1st, Ko Chang sucks, you will never find me back there.

2nd, because of work this was my 2nd unpaid 4 week vacation in 4 months time. The montly rate seemed like an econominal plan. and since i had stayed here before andhad a pleasant stay, I said why not?

In retrospect, weekly rates at several places would have been better, or the Metro on Soi LK Metro, which I will be staying at next time.

it has definitely gone downhill! i stayed a few nights in january & didnt realise that kevin had left the business? always had a pleasant stay there before

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

Kevin has left the business for a while now (I think at least 6 months ago). He and misses are in divorce procedures. Sad, I stayed there during several triips and liked the place and how they ran it.

If misses doesn't get the standards back up to old levels very quickly, I'm sure it'll be the end of Jasmine Mansion as we knew it.

:Agree: Bloody shame!! it used to be a nice place last stay, (when Kevin was there ) last there 2006, been reading about Kevins up coming divorce :Whistle: his ex has turned into a bloody fiend, :) one of the reasons I didn't book this year.

After reading the latest review :What:

:Bye5: Definately crossed off my list

PS if your room has been cleaned by 1600 you are having a good day

Ive decided to check out tomorrow. I dont need this shit, the staff is nice, they just cant do their jobs worth a damn.

I will post a new report from the Soi LK Metro Area tomorrow.

Kevin, save this sinking ship brother. She was talking to me about wanting to sell the place.

Stayed one month at Jasmine in 2008 and was very pleased with room and service so I booked for 7 days in April. On arrival the room type I booked was not available and I could choosfrom a tiny room with noisy AC or a stinky 4th floor with no water pressure. Stayed one night and moved to Areca.

Well, I was there in November/December '08 and I had the feeling of things getting trimmed down too. One day I woke up and while breakfast was until 1 pm on that day they charged me 110 baht AFTER breakfast. Well now only until 11 am, they said. Well it would have been nice if they told me. I didn't get my money back, since the boss wasn't there and I'm not making trouble over the few bahts, but what kind of management is that? And now they state on their site there's only breakfast for one included, guess it's cost saving they're trying to do, but if the customers will like it, not sure.

Its called typical Thai management.

AFTERDARK MAGAZINE

ONLY THE HOTTEST GIRLS!

Volume 15 available April 2nd

2010 AFTERDARK CALENDAR

Available NOW

I stayed here two times in 2008 and had a very good time here. But because I here from diferent people that it has gone down I stayed somewhere else last march.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking for a 1 week stay in that area at that price point and was getting ready to make a reservation at JM based on some of the positives I'd read in the past. Glad I saw this ...

• 1 month later...

OK in balance and recent. I have just stayed here a few nights from May 1st to May 6th checkout whilst waiting for my room at the Irish Rovers to become available and certainly didn't count this stay as such a bad experience as written here.

I did a walk in after staying a couple of nights with my friend at his place at Centrecondo and got an immediate room for 5 nights at 550 a night. My room 102 on the first floor was smallish but with a fine small bathroom with proper recessed shower area so no 'wet room' effect. The room was basic and lacked bedside lights, or seating other than a 'dressing table desk unit' and no dimmer switches etc. There was a TV which worked fine but no DVD. I didn't eat there, or have breakfast but other than that as a temporary stopever I found this perfectly acceptable for that price. I took lady guests there and none of them made poor comments about the room. IDs were checked on reception and retained in all cases, the girl given a receipt. The staff are informal, but I had no problems at all. There is a room safe which I used without problem. The aircon worked fine, and the shower was of good quality. Rooms were always cleaned. It's a no frills but it's right there on Soi Buakhow in the right place. The main downside is Noise - and when the quite awful poorly designed bar named Liquid Lounge starts up its raucous output (especially with a party) or Club Blu then the noise can be quite considerable. As a complaint, this would be my only one, in the context of the extremely cheap room rate, and that's due to location.

For a short stay filler this was basic, clean, economical to the max and yet did exactly what was expected. Other than the noise I can't complain really so in balance here's a positive based on realistic expectations of what you expect for less than 600 a night. Comparisons with Irish Rovers and other rooming houses are not realy fair, my advice here being to bargain for the lowest rate you can get and be aware it's not the Ritz. The noise would drive me mad for a longer stay though but that's not their fault.

Follow my dark tinged 'tweets' on Twitter on Agent 09 Twitter or find me on FACEBOOK as 'Serious Black' (Agent 09), Check out one  of my themed TR 'mini novels' here: 

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/15739-seven-of-oh-nine-7-day-cycles-in-the-bangkok-continuum/  Seven of Oh Nine - my Bangkok adventures in a 7 day period, several instalments