IGNORED

How I killed a cold sore in just 1 day

Breezeclimber

There must not be many things more frustrating in life than waking up with a cold sore (I'm talking about Herpes Simplex Virus 1) on your face during your trip to Pattaya.

A few days ago I got too much sunlight and yesterday I woke up with a cold sore on my upper lip.  It was big enough that I felt it before looking in the mirror.  Normally there is a tingling or itching sensation to give advance warning but this time it came as a complete surprise.  This despite taking l-lysine 500mg every day.  If you know you have herpes, it is a good idea to take l-lysine every day, at least when you are traveling. 

Anyway, the first thing I did was break open a new box of Valcyclovir.  This box had 12 tablets at 0.3mg each.  Valcyclovir is available from nearly any pharmacy in Pattaya without a prescription.  I took six tablets immediately, all at once, then took six l-lysine 500mg capsules all at once.  Then I slathered on a generous layer of acyclovir cream (also available at nearly any pharmacy in Pattaya) and kept the cold sore covered in acyclovir cream for the rest of the day. 

The acyclovir cream will dry out, come off, etc., so I was sure to re-apply it any time the cold sore becomes exposed.  Be very careful not to let anything touch the cold sore because the skin will be very fragile.  You don't want the cold sore to break open and become infected because if that happens it will take week(s) to heal.  Twelve hours later I took six more Valcyclovir tablets.  This morning the cold sore had disappeared, leaving only a tiny bit of loose skin over my lip.  I washed my hands with soap (to reduce the risk of infecting the area) and covered my whole lip in Aloe Vera gel (also available to most pharmacies in Pattaya).  Then washed my hands again after each time applying Aloe Vera to avoid spreading the virus.  After a couple hours the loose skin fell off while I was applying more Aloe Vera and my lip looked healthy again.  Obviously I will keep it covered in Aloe Vera for a few more days and avoid kissing or going down on anyone for a couple more weeks because it remains contagious even though you can't see it.

Hope the same works for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

“None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe