Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Huge construction side opening up in front of August Suites

jampa

There is a huge construction side opening up right in front of August Suites. They just started to tear down some old buildings, but they say that the owner of August is building a new hotel with 7 floors and a rooftop pool right in front of August Suites. So there will be some construction noise for the next 2 or 3 years and the view from August to the beach side will be mostly blocked afterwards. Who can guess the name of the new hotel? June Suites? December hotel?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My Friend booked August suits for the last 2 weeks of January. 

Any information or updates on this? 

Many sites are getting cleared with construction not to start untill building permits are obtained and that could be many months later. 

Has construction started yet? 

That's how it looks like now, a friend sent me the photo. It's right next to the August pool in the direction of second road.

104269.jpg

• Like 2

And it's noisy. Walked there this morning.

• Like 2

@jampa & @Larry777

Thanks for the feed back. 

I relaid it to my friend and he says they have 3 rooms booked for 2 weeks end of January with cancele option untill the 13th of January. 

If you get more infoe or another walk by please do update the thread thanks. 

Hey @Larry777 really appreciate you sharing this. I'd a pool facing room booked at August Suites for the Christmas period. I certainly didn't sign up to be woken up every day by drilling so I've today cancelled the booking. Lost 2,000 baht on my deposit but I couldn't care less if it get's me a quieter hotel elsewhere.

• Like 2

He shoots...he scores!

Walked past a few times when I was central road, any regular of this hotel I'd avoid for the foreseeable future that's for sure. They will probably have to sell rooms cheap to compensate. 

• 2 weeks later...

I walked there this morning and it's a sandy plain area without any workers and machines at the moment. 

• 2 months later...

Recently stayed at the August Suites , worked seems to have picked up next door angle grinders and drilling on and off from 09.00 am in the morning .

No pile driving going on yet but two big cranes now on site .

20240222_144207.jpg

20240221_083121.jpg

20240221_082848.jpg

20240221_082937.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 09/11/2023 at 20:25, jampa said:

There is a huge construction side opening up right in front of August Suites. They just started to tear down some old buildings, but they say that the owner of August is building a new hotel with 7 floors and a rooftop pool right in front of August Suites. So there will be some construction noise for the next 2 or 3 years and the view from August to the beach side will be mostly blocked afterwards. Who can guess the name of the new hotel? June Suites? December hotel?

Thanks for posting this, I like the August Suites and normally try to spend some time staying there (I like to mix this up a bit with regard to accommodation, especially on longer stays). I have booked elsewhere.

I visited August Suites yesterday and a friend is staying there. It's very loud and dirty now all day and every day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jampa said:

I visited August Suites yesterday and a friend is staying there. It's very loud and dirty now all day and every day.

Thankyou. This is a well timed update as I was contemplating booking August Suites for May , but will avoid now just in case.

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

You can sometimes hear the noise of the construction site  in April, but it's not loud and not as annoying as in August...