Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Learning Muay Thai/Getting Fit

mwebster2

Hello, I’d like to do a 1-2 month Muay Thai camp or classes whilst in Pattaya on my next trip, I have no experience in Muay Thai or combat sports so I would need to start as a complete beginner, can anyone recommend a gym in Pattaya that accommodates complete beginners? Is there certain start dates where beginners join together or can you just walk in and join? Any help appreciated, thank you. 

You can join up anytime, google Muay Thai camp Pattaya, and you can see several websites, contact them and see what they offer.

Edited by Wolf Cat

• 2 weeks later...

Fairtex is pretty good. They have two sessions a day: starting at 830 and 1430.

Private lessons are 500 baht each (ouch), but you can buy package deals for unlimited per month.

The routine is they spend about 30 mins with you one on one then you move on to work out on the heavy bags on your own.  You can learn alot just watching everyone else...

https://www.agoda.com/fairtex-sports-club-hotel/hotel/pattaya-th.html

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Zackzzane said:

Fairtex is pretty good. They have two sessions a day: starting at 830 and 1430.

Private lessons are 500 baht each (ouch), but you can buy package deals for unlimited per month.

The routine is they spend about 30 mins with you one on one then you move on to work out on the heavy bags on your own.  You can learn alot just watching everyone else...

https://www.agoda.com/fairtex-sports-club-hotel/hotel/pattaya-th.html

I did the private lesson thing here years ago.

Definitely not worth it for what you pay, in my opinion, unless you're just looking for a novel, tourist experience.

Would only be worthwhile if you were on a longer stay and could do some kind of package deal, as you say.

Never done combat sports but do a lot of sports. 

I think as a complete beginner to any new intensive sport you can do max 3-4 hours a week training depending on your general fitness. Do more and your body doesn't have the time to rest and heal and you hurt yourself.

You probably might want to have a look at fitness7. They have have May Thai/Boxing equipment downstairs and free&paid trainers. 

Upstairs you can do weight lifting, fitness, stretching, running...

So you have more options to work on your health. 

I second Fairtex they are use to guys with no training. However I have to correct one thing the private are not 500 baht there 1500.With that said I plan to look into going to Rage as you can get somebody to hold pads for seven three minute rounds for 500 baht so I think when I get back into training I'll be headed there.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Heading to Pattaya for some training next month. I’m in decent shape, some experience with wrestling and boxing but that was years ago. Would a couple hours a day be too much? 

If you're just wanting to do a casual class, then WKO World Kumite Organisation near Soi 6 is pretty good. A casual class is around 300 baht. 

Fairtex is good if you want aircon, new bags & mats & stuff.

If you want somewhere Real Old Skool then Sityodtong is one of the most famous Gyms in Thailand but it's a bit far out from Central Pattaya