IGNORED

Galleria 10

Mr. Plug

I searched the site for info on this hotel and found only a few mentions, so thought I'd make a small review since I'm staying here now.

This is a mid range hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 10, about a 4-5 minute walk down the soi. I like to stay in this neighborhood while in Bangkok, between Soi 8 and 12 or so, as it offers close access to Benjakitti Park (huge, magnificent park, BTW), Thermai, Nana, Cowboy, and the BJ bars. 

The first night I stayed in a "Deluxe" room, 280 sf incl breakfast for 1750 baht via Agoda. The next 3 nights I'm staying in a 323 sf "Premier Deluxe" room incl breakfast for 2400 baht per night via Agoda. When advance booking these rooms (I could not get the Premier Deluxe for the first night) I had assumed that the Premier Deluxe would be a more spacious and larger room with better amenities due to it's larger square footage. It turned out that both rooms are exactly the same, with the only difference being that the Premier Deluxe has a walk out deck (with a view of another building about 10' away). The first few times I used the deck I was immediately bitten by mosquitoes, so it was quite useless, at least for me. And it was obvious that they included the deck square footage to add to the room size, so I thought that was a little dishonest, especially given the price difference. 

One other negative I will say (and some might not find this to be negative) is that the utility of the room is just plain stupid. Whoever designed this place was more interested in making it look "cool" than being a place you could walk in to and immediately feel comfortable. Light switches are located in places that don't make sense, there are no drawers to put your stuff (instead there are a few small shelves in the closet), the fridge is tiny, etc. There are two glass tables, one of which is a desk area with a desk chair (a good thing!), but there is almost nowhere to put your stuff, other than on the bed or on the chair in the corner of the room. Again, it just seems like they wanted the room to look cool, rather than to have it be functional. 

Anyway, the service personnel are fantastic, and the breakfast is very good, IMO. There's a nice common area on the 8th floor with a small pool (almost like a very large jacuzzi), a bar, sitting areas, etc. Pretty pleasant. 

As for me, I probably wouldn't return, and if I did, I'd save my money by NOT booking the Premier Deluxe room with the deck. 

Hope this helps someone. 

Pics or didn’t happen….just kidding but if pics available…that would be good…personally not a big stayer in Bangkok but looking to stay there again soon and also have newbie friends who are always asking about reasonably priced and well located places to stay….

thanks in advance,

Skippy

Ha ha, I thought about that after posting - that most hotel reviews are accompanied by pictures. 

But I have to admit that I'm just not a fan of taking photos, and if I did, I'd struggle with the process of attaching them to a report. I know, it's simple, and I could do it if I had to.

In short, I'm married to my laptop, not my cell phone. Plus I'm getting too old for most technology anymore, but that's another story!

Skippy, I'd recommend staying somewhere around Soi 8 - just far enough away from the action, and close enough to it. I stayed at On8 hotel on Soi 8 for the first few days, and you walk out of the hotel right into all the bars, restaurants, and massage parlors. Soi 8 has a nice vibe I think. Plus the BJ bars are right down the next alley if you're so inclined. The hotel is a decent place, except the rooms have no windows (!), and they no longer have breakfast like they did pre-covid. But the price is right. Then there's Adelphi Suites a little farther down for a little more money. Lots of other places around...