IGNORED

Where to buy Ozempic

Peter190174

Hello, does anyone know if it is possible to buy ozempic in Pattaya and how much does it cost? (I take it for my diabetes) 

thanks - see you next week 😊) 

peter 

@Peter190174   I was in Fascino Pharmacy on Pattaya Klang last week and asked about it.    They were out of stock of the 1mg and 2mg dose pens, but had the .25/50 pens in stock.  She said they were expecting more of the 1mg & 2mg pens, but I didn't catch the date.  Cost was quoted at ~11,000 baht.

3 hours ago, Dave1986 said:

@Peter190174   I was in Fascino Pharmacy on Pattaya Klang last week and asked about it.    They were out of stock of the 1mg and 2mg dose pens, but had the .25/50 pens in stock.  She said they were expecting more of the 1mg & 2mg pens, but I didn't catch the date.  Cost was quoted at ~11,000 baht.

11.000 ohhh my sweet lord… that was expensive  

And thats the normal price here - I am surprised they can get the 2mg pens as I havent been able to locate those.  But most of the hospitals get priority on the stock and alittle cheaper but you end up paying for a doctors consultation aswell so overall about the same price.

Formerly w3bmast3r (2003 - 2006), and TechSupport (2006 - 2017)

@Peter190174   Fascino is is located on Pataya Nua, near city hall, not Klang as I mentioned above.

In the US,  any dose pen is is around the equivalent of 36,000 baht,  so the 11,000 baht here looks to be great deal.

1 hour ago, Dave1986 said:

@Peter190174   Fascino is is located on Pataya Nua, near city hall, not Klang as I mentioned above.

In the US,  any dose pen is is around the equivalent of 36,000 baht,  so the 11,000 baht here looks to be great deal.

IN Denmark i pay like 150 bath 😊

The first examples of falsified Ozempic have been found in the U.K. wholesale system this week (German / Austrian imports). Thailand is often at the forefront of this sort of thing. From visual inspection would you know why the bottom picture is an example of falsified Ozempic?:

image.thumb.png.f782839f3bd69da35abbda1b4755a4b1.png

Things I see:

graduation markings on the pen.

Huge air bubble in the pen.

Semaglutide spelled with out "e"?

I had heard that one of the reasons for the Ozempic shortage was actually a shortage of the pens, not the actual semaglutide, so without being told that was fake, I would have considered the possibility that an additional pen supplier was being used.   With the profit margin in Ozempic, there is tremendous motivation to counterfeit it.

9 minutes ago, Dave1986 said:

Things I see:

graduation markings on the pen.

Huge air bubble in the pen.

Semaglutide spelled with out "e"?

I had heard that one of the reasons for the Ozempic shortage was actually a shortage of the pens, not the actual semaglutide, so without being told that was fake, I would have considered the possibility that an additional pen supplier was being used.   With the profit margin in Ozempic, there is tremendous motivation to counterfeit it.

Air bubble is normal. Semaglutid is the German spelling. 

The qualified person (on behalf of the wholesaler) might get the digital callipers out to check the exact dimensions and then weigh it. The card packaging and / or patient information leaflet might give something away but often they are indistinguishable from the genuine product.

In reality this is a very poor falsification. Everything is wrong. But if somebody received it from a pharmacy (online or bricks and mortar) would they know? If they had a previous genuine example to compare it to, perhaps they might question it. Maybe they would consider it to be one of many European ‘versions’. Even if they were suspicious enough to reject it, the falsifier already has his money. 

The standard of copy is only going to improve in time. As you point out, the lay person might just assume it to be a different version and the margins involved means it only requires a relatively small number of units to be sold to make big profits.