Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Some help please with visa application re: documents

englishman

Again applying for a 60 day visa, hopefully the last time as I plan on doing a retirement visa as soon as I land, so why 60 days ? just making sure that I have the time needed to get everything done. So some help please  from one of you tech savvy guys. 

Every-time I've applied for an E visa I run into the same problem , I've mentioned this in previous posts. Each question requires you download the required information IE accommodation flights etc etc...I have only been able to down load one page per question and Since some of these are multiple pages here in lies the problem. I decided to email RTE Ottawa and ask how to get around this problem, this was their answer  I quote  " Regarding your documents you could combine all of your documents into one file and convert them to PDFs before uploading them to your application"      Now does this make any sense to anyone ?  .. far as I can see I can only convert one file at a time not a whole folder...or am I missing something, I thought I had reasonable computer skills but this is obviously beyond my meager capabilities .... so any help  anyone please !

My last few visa entailed emailing back and forth a bunch of times to achieve success , I'd like to avoid that just once   thank you

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

What I have done, is download the files I need. Tickets, bank, etc. Print them, then scan them into one pdf. It worked last time. But I'll be doing it again in 2 weeks. So, we'll see.

14 hours ago, englishman said:

Again applying for a 60 day visa, hopefully the last time as I plan on doing a retirement visa as soon as I land, so why 60 days ? just making sure that I have the time needed to get everything done. So some help please  from one of you tech savvy guys. 

Every-time I've applied for an E visa I run into the same problem , I've mentioned this in previous posts. Each question requires you download the required information IE accommodation flights etc etc...I have only been able to down load one page per question and Since some of these are multiple pages here in lies the problem. I decided to email RTE Ottawa and ask how to get around this problem, this was their answer  I quote  " Regarding your documents you could combine all of your documents into one file and convert them to PDFs before uploading them to your application"      Now does this make any sense to anyone ?  .. far as I can see I can only convert one file at a time not a whole folder...or am I missing something, I thought I had reasonable computer skills but this is obviously beyond my meager capabilities .... so any help  anyone please !

My last few visa entailed emailing back and forth a bunch of times to achieve success , I'd like to avoid that just once   thank you

Try this but i am not tech savvy i think this is what they mean 

Cut copy and paste or take a screen shot for  each  document then add on a word doc. then convert that 1 file  to PDF 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

23 minutes ago, talung66 said:

screen shot for  each  document then add on a word doc. then convert that 1 file  to PDF

Exactly that. "Print" to pdf after assembling the screen shots in a doc. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Since the e-visa application only allows one file per question; I print the multiple documents, place together, take a picture with cellphone, email to myself and download to computer.

My issue is with the payment process (Non-immigrant "O" Visa).  When my credit card declines, i am unable to 'resubmit' so have to reenter everything again into another e-visa application.

I didn’t need to do it for my visa application as everything I needed was just 1 page anyway BUT I’ve had to scan and upload loads of documents for the solicitor as I’m trying to sell the house and used the Printer App on my iPad.

I have a wireless Canon all-in-one printer/scanner/copy and the App gives me the option of scanning multiple pages as one file and then save as a PDF. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I did a lot more digging and finally came up with the best solution , sure all of the above will work  but this is what i did this time

I scanned each page as a PDF, then used a PDF app to MERG the files, so I ended up with a single file but with multiple pages, so my 4 page flight info was just a single file download to the travel question..just completed the visa application, bit of work but smoother than before. Now just have to sit back and wait to see if I got it all correct first time. I did notice this time that the application process was trimmed back a bit, couple of ridiculous questions removed.

thanks or the help all

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !