IGNORED

London Beigel: Did you know...

London Beigel in Pratumnak. They don't have a shop. There's no seating. They deliver or send out anywhere in the country. Jewish, New York deli style food. Absolutely fantastic salt(corned) beef, pastrami, Reuben and chicken sandwiches. Knishes, soups, rye bread, all kinds of stuff. It's  not cheap. It is quality. You order in advance, you may have to wait a couple days. It's worth it. I've ordered 4 times in the last two months since discovering it. I've no interest in the place and more of you guys ordering might slow my deliveries. Look at the menu. Try a sandwich. 

20231018_132959.jpg

20231018_132025.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/10/2023 at 01:39, Tunahead said:

London Beigel in Pratumnak. They don't have a shop. There's no seating. They deliver or send out anywhere in the country. Jewish, New York deli style food. Absolutely fantastic salt(corned) beef, pastrami, Reuben and chicken sandwiches. Knishes, soups, rye bread, all kinds of stuff. It's  not cheap. It is quality. You order in advance, you may have to wait a couple days. It's worth it. I've ordered 4 times in the last two months since discovering it. I've no interest in the place and more of you guys ordering might slow my deliveries. Look at the menu. Try a sandwich. 

To clarify, if I want a pastrami on rye, I can order and have it delivered (within a reasonable time) OR I have to plan it a few days in advance?

25 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

To clarify, if I want a pastrami on rye, I can order and have it delivered (within a reasonable time) OR I have to plan it a few days in advance?

Unless they've run out, you should be able to get it in a reasonable amount of time. It is certainly best to order as much in advance as you can. I ordered today for 3 sandwiches and a loaf of rye bread. I could of had the sandwiches tomorrow, but the queue is such for the bread that I couldn't get that until Sunday. I'm just getting the whole order on Sunday. Call Spencer, he will do what he can.

• 4 months later...

The owner just informed me that they will be opening a shop for takeout and expanded delivery, in about 5 weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been in the states since before Christmas and haven't found a sandwich that comes close to theirs. Of course, I'm in Florida, not known for our delis. 

14 hours ago, Tunahead said:

The owner just informed me that they will be opening a shop for takeout and expanded delivery, in about 5 weeks.

That sounds great!  Please keep me updated, as I am dying to check them out (but can't/don't plan far enough ahead to order in advance!  555)

it is definitely *not* New York style, it's London Style. thus the name. there are differences, and it's more than just the archaic spelling of 'bagel'. Biegels are different to NY Bagels. the Knishes are NY style though. everything i had from there is great.

On 16/11/2023 at 00:26, Luv2Phuket said:

they pack it rather cleverly so if you live outside of Patts it arrives cold and ready-to-assemble.

the pastrami is an absolute killer. maybe i'll regret saying so because they run out a lot LOL

54 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

That sounds great!  Please keep me updated, as I am dying to check them out (but can't/don't plan far enough ahead to order in advance!  555)

You're still going to need to order most things in advance. It takes 12 days(I'm told) to make the pastrami. There is no continuous flow. He tells me that the Legend chicken sandwich has become so popular that they are primarily doing those on Sundays. These are my favorites.

I understand that it's a pain to have to plan and order for days in advance, but I love the sandwiches and think it's well worth it. It's a great treat that I look forward to.

Spencer told me that he has a batch of pastrami scheduled to be ready on the 11th. I've got an order in for some of that and a couple Legends. 

4 minutes ago, Tunahead said:

You're still going to need to order most things in advance. It takes 12 days(I'm told) to make the pastrami.

doing pastrami right is considerably more involved than mere salt beef. and the result's even better. worth the wait.

be careful about picking up your order rather than having it delivered, make sure you've got time for him to talk your ear off. worth it though as you'll learn a lot about Jewish food even if you think you are very famililar with it 555555

I've been back here in the Tampa area for 3 months. I can't even find anyone making their own pastrami. Plenty of $20 boars head pastrami sandwiches. Garbage after you've had this.

26 minutes ago, schnytzal said:

the pastrami is an absolute killer. maybe i'll regret saying so because they run out a lot LOL

Amen! Though I want them to prosper and stay in business.

23 minutes ago, Tunahead said:

Plenty of $20 boars head pastrami sandwiches. Garbage after you've had this.

i lived in NYC for 13 years and most of the famous delis don't make pastrami as nice as that.

There was a pastrami shop in Everett, WA near the Boeing plant for years and years.  No employees.  Just this old white New York/New Jersey wise guy.  Opened the shop at 10 and closed when he ran out of pastrami which was around 2ish or so.  He was still open as of Covid, last I was there.  Call me Chuck, he would say.

Cash only, and the walls were decorated with Hollywood Style pictures of movie stars, with all of their names labeled with "Chuck Eastwood", "Chuck Monroe", "Chuck Bogart", etc. etc.

It was his passive aggressive behavior, everyone surmised, of him being in a federal witness protection program..... Newspaper reporters tried for years to get an interview with him about the mad success and following he had earned, and he always blew them off...

but I digress.

His only item on the menu was a pastrami sandwich, and a can of pop.  You wanted something else?  There's the door, sweatheart!

The pastrami, as you have figured out, was his homemade recipe, and there was always a line out the door at 10.

This was in the most non jewish, working class neighborhood of washington state.  Probably the nearest synagog was 50 miles or more.

A good sandwich is hard to find, that's for sure.

• Like 2