IGNORED

Anyone down to get into some trouble in Patong?

bouldercoder

I'm going to be here for 2+ months so would be nice to meet some locals.

I'm also sure you have great intel from being on the ground!  

I was here 15-20 years ago and things are definitely different.  Especially post-covid.

I'm 45... in shape so we can go to clubs too. Just don't be a complete degenerate.  I'm already headed down that direction and don't want you to accelerate my demise! 

• 2 weeks later...

Get out of Patong. Go over the hill to Kathu, Kamala, Chalong, or Rawai and beyond, where you can find bars where locally based expats hang out. Maybe they won’t have girls available to take away, but many of the locals are quite friendly…. And will be able to point you in the direction of joints that do have girls to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow that would be great. Go where the locals go!

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/10/2023 at 04:02, Micky2 said:

Get out of Patong. Go over the hill to Kathu, Kamala, Chalong, or Rawai and beyond, where you can find bars where locally based expats hang out. Maybe they won’t have girls available to take away, but many of the locals are quite friendly…. And will be able to point you in the direction of joints that do have girls to go.

I will be in Rawai for a few days, can you pls recommend some bars with nice ladies?

1 hour ago, pumpui69 said:

I will be in Rawai for a few days, can you pls recommend some bars with nice ladies?

Girls come and move on. Bars open and close or change hands. I lived in Phuket for several years, but moved on a few years ago. Thus I cannot really make any specific recommendations. 

Rawai is quite spread out, so you will need to roll your own transport, unless you are staying in an area with several bars nearby…. There are several. Just explore and check out places that pique your interest.

The road to Chalong Pier has several bars. Banana Corner on Soi Saiyuan does too, and there are many more dotted along the roads in the vicinity. Lots to choose from. Just be careful about drinking and riding. Be generous with the lady drinks, but stick to soft drinks and juice for yourself.

So my one week holiday on Rawai is ending, I checked out a lot of bars but there is not that much to report on, maybe worth mentioning are Boompui and Larva bars, but otherwise a lot of old/fat woman at other places. 

Regarding transport, a motorbike is a must /250 baht for day/ but please bring your international driving license because the BiB are preying on farangs. Or you can use bolt for 200 baht for a 3 minute ride, motorbike 60.

I would definitely not revisit Phuket, maybe if you like diving than it's ok.

Edited by pumpui69