IGNORED

Best option for a 4 month stay?

mwebster2

Hello all, I’ve only travelled to Thailand in the past for less than 30 days from the UK, so I’ve never had to worry about a visa. I’m wondering what would be the best option for a 4-month stay. It’s possible I will do a trip to Vietnam or Cambodia for a few days during the stay. Is it worth applying for a multiple-entry tourist visa once I have landed at an immigration office, or does this have to be done beforehand in case you are questioned about an onward flight within 30 days?

Thanks 

11 minutes ago, mwebster2 said:

Is it worth applying for a multiple-entry tourist visa once I have landed at an immigration office, or does this have to be done beforehand

All the info you need is on the RTE website in your home country. If eligible a 3 mth visa with a trip to a  neighbouring country could be an option.

• Like 2

You can only apply for the METV in your home country. And I would say worth considering as it gives you great flexibility and no need to deal with immigration offices or consulates in other countries. 

But there are other ways to accomplish the 4 months. You could rely on visa exemptions+extensions. But yes, in that scenario you would need onward travel (cheap throwaway ticket) within 30 days for each exemption. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 08/10/2023 at 04:25, mwebster2 said:

Hello all, I’ve only travelled to Thailand in the past for less than 30 days from the UK, so I’ve never had to worry about a visa. I’m wondering what would be the best option for a 4-month stay. It’s possible I will do a trip to Vietnam or Cambodia for a few days during the stay. Is it worth applying for a multiple-entry tourist visa once I have landed at an immigration office, or does this have to be done beforehand in case you are questioned about an onward flight within 30 days?

Thanks 

As mentioned best get a visa to avoid onward ticket purchases and other immigration or boarding plane  hassel

Yes it has to be done before hand but not cost effective with METV. As  you will need to apply in your country, Cost wise you best of getting a SETV. 

Do the arrival SETV  60 days extend to another 30 nights then travel by air and arrive on a new 30 day visa exempt  or do a visa run to Cambodia  to give you 4 months

Or bit more of a hassle arrive as normal  with ticket to Vietnam or Cambodia get SETV there then back to LOS and extend SETV visa.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.