IGNORED

Grande Centre Point Terminal 21 - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Intro - This isn’t one of my standard reviews - I’m on a 3 part holiday. Week one as a solo dude doing what single guys do I booked into Blackwoods on soi 7. Next week I’m again a singleton and heading to Pratumnak/Jomtien, but this week I’ve got my missus and young son with me, so finding a family friendly hotel was important. Booking Grand Centre Point meant spending more than I normally would, but as it incorporates a mini waterpark and kids club it ticked the relevant boxes. 

Apologies for the lack of detailed photos, the missus and nipper were all over exploring the room, so only had a chance to take a few,

Location - The location of this hotel isn’t much use for mongering, but it is fabulous if you like malls as Terminal 21 is linked to the hotel. It is a few minutes walk to Beach Road and is on second road, this means you have access to Baht buses running both directions. 

Check-in - So dropped off by Bolt from my previous stay on soi 7, I found myself surrounded by staff wanting to carry my bag. Walking into the entrance- wow you can tell from the off that this is a proper classy 5 star hotel. Everything from the huge triple height ceilings in the marble entrance, to the luxurious feel of the bed linen, right the way through to the quality of bath towels in your room is of a high standard. As soon as my missus and son arrived by taxi from the airport I checked us in. The staff in reception were courteous and the hotel gets a big bonus for checking us in at the ridiculously early time of 11:30 am. The check-in process itself was quick, easy and efficient, and you should note you will be asked to leave 1,000 THB per night deposit when checking in.  

Rooms - I booked a mini-suite which was a decent size at 40 sqm and they are to a very high spec and well laid out. Ultra modern designed and decorated. I really appreciated the minimalist effect including artwork throughout the room - a really nice design feature. As in many modern hotels there are no wardrobes, there’s a hanging rail, rather than a wardrobe, but there is also lots of cupboard and drawer space ….essential for a ‘neat freak’ like me. There is a little bit of desk space, and there is a comfy sofa. There is a balcony with two chairs and table - the views from the balcony are unbelievable, with a stunning sea vista, views of the Sanctuary of Truth and away in the distance the port of Lamchabang. There is also enough power outlets to charge my devices. The lighting in the room is also good. There is a large refrigerator (with free non alcohol minibar) and a very modern electronic safe which opens from on-top.

The bed was the largest I have ever slept on, whatever is bigger than King Size it is this….just perfect, not too soft not too hard either, and the AC worked well - totally silent and with a clean filter. Note there are bathrobes and those little slippers provided.

Bathroom- The bathroom layout is of the traditional variety…with the sink, shower and WC, actually in the bathroom. The shower was one of the best I’ve ever had in any hotel. The shower gel and other free stuff was quality too. 

Wifi - The WiFi signal is the best I’ve come across in the city, and no need to log in every day.

Breakfast - The breakfasts…well TBH I usually don’t eat till noon, but  as the breakfast was free, I did partake. Got to say that one sign of a true five star hotel is the breakfasts - this hotel did not disappoint. You can eat outside or inside and you are shown to your table by a waitress. There are so many choices that I won’t even begin to describe them… this is a very classy top of the range place with offerings like omelettes made by the in-house chef to order. 

Facilities - the hotel is geared, predominantly for families and business travellers. It has a large main infinity pool, a kids pool, and a mini waterpark with slides. It also has plenty of sun lounges and parasols. There is a large size gym with machines, free weights and treadmill. There are lots of elevators so you are never kept waiting.

Customer Service - the staff are on the whole very friendly and helpful, though as with many top hotels, I think that the staff are can be overly helpful to the point of being fussy….I travel light and genuinely don’t want anyone to carry my small bag. 

Guest Policy - I honestly can’t comment on this as I was on a family trip. Indeed, it will be fair to say that I never saw a single Monger with his lady for the night. 

Cleanliness - The cleaning in the room is of a really high standard, the place is totally immaculate - clean as a whistle. The staff are fine in terms of giving you extra towels etc...as always guys consider leaving a daily tip on top of the bed, for the hard working cleaners. I will give extra points to Grand Center Point a big bonus for how quickly the rooms are made up…usually 30 minutes after putting the sign on. In some hotels you leave the ‘please clean room’ sign on say after breakfast… you can return some hours later to find that nothings changed, and that your room may not be cleaned until say 4 pm… not so here. 

Noise - I didn’t hear a thing at night. 

Parking - There is parking for motorcycles and cars.

Price - 5,500THB a night in an Agoda ‘flash sale’ 

Quirky 1 - I didn’t realise until I booked that this hotel, along with it, sister hotels (including Space) I’ll have a no alcohol policy. No alcoholic drinks are served or sold anywhere in the hotel. The hotel though, has no problem with you, bringing your own booze in, and there’s no corkage charge.

Quirky 2 - as you can probably guess from the pricing policy, there are no tour groups. We did, however, have the misfortune to sit beside an affluent Chinese family whose table manners left something to be desired. Indeed the grandfather started coughing, proceeded to nonchalantly and very loudly make a rasping sound and spit a big greenie into his napkin…lovely 🤪

Overall -  In many respects this property is one that I rated, but only from a family perspective. As a single dude I would never stay somewhere like this, too expensive, and impersonal for my taste. However, my family absolutely loved it and my large thought. The kids club with PS5 along with the waterpark was just the best place ever stayed. Grande Center Point do not appear to cater for tour groups, so no large groups of Indian lads, nor coach loads of Chinese. US, Aussie, European and Korean guests are the ones I met. IMHO this is a proper 5 star luxury hotel, but not one which would suit the majority of PA members. 

Lottelle Winna Score: 6/10 (but my missus and son scored it 9.5)

IMG_2485.png

IMG_2486.jpeg

IMG_2470.jpeg

IMG_2468.jpeg

IMG_2466.jpeg

IMG_2464.jpeg

IMG_2462.jpeg

IMG_2492.jpeg

IMG_2480.jpeg

Great review, as always, cheers! Any idea what's behind the alcohol thing? Took a gf there to visit the restaurant and was rather surprised by it. At that time we were just coming out of the covid shit show, so I thought it was related to that. Muslim owned, perhaps? 

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Got to say that I can’t get my head wrapped around it in terms of a policy. It is one which apparently applies across all the hotels in this group.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1054952-thaivisa-exclusive-huge-new-pattaya-hotel-at-terminal-21-will-serve-no-booze/

Ah cudboards and drawers, a :10of10Score:from me.

• Like 2

I have never stayed at this one in Pattaya, however I have been to the one in Bangkok over 10 times.

Highly recommend any of the Grande Centre Point hotels.

• 5 months later...
On 06/10/2023 at 20:43, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Intro - This isn’t one of my standard reviews - I’m on a 3 part holiday. Week one as a solo dude doing what single guys do I booked into Blackwoods on soi 7. Next week I’m again a singleton and heading to Pratumnak/Jomtien, but this week I’ve got my missus and young son with me, so finding a family friendly hotel was important. Booking Grand Centre Point meant spending more than I normally would, but as it incorporates a mini waterpark and kids club it ticked the relevant boxes. 

Apologies for the lack of detailed photos, the missus and nipper were all over exploring the room, so only had a chance to take a few,

Location - The location of this hotel isn’t much use for mongering, but it is fabulous if you like malls as Terminal 21 is linked to the hotel. It is a few minutes walk to Beach Road and is on second road, this means you have access to Baht buses running both directions. 

Check-in - So dropped off by Bolt from my previous stay on soi 7, I found myself surrounded by staff wanting to carry my bag. Walking into the entrance- wow you can tell from the off that this is a proper classy 5 star hotel. Everything from the huge triple height ceilings in the marble entrance, to the luxurious feel of the bed linen, right the way through to the quality of bath towels in your room is of a high standard. As soon as my missus and son arrived by taxi from the airport I checked us in. The staff in reception were courteous and the hotel gets a big bonus for checking us in at the ridiculously early time of 11:30 am. The check-in process itself was quick, easy and efficient, and you should note you will be asked to leave 1,000 THB per night deposit when checking in.  

Rooms - I booked a mini-suite which was a decent size at 40 sqm and they are to a very high spec and well laid out. Ultra modern designed and decorated. I really appreciated the minimalist effect including artwork throughout the room - a really nice design feature. As in many modern hotels there are no wardrobes, there’s a hanging rail, rather than a wardrobe, but there is also lots of cupboard and drawer space ….essential for a ‘neat freak’ like me. There is a little bit of desk space, and there is a comfy sofa. There is a balcony with two chairs and table - the views from the balcony are unbelievable, with a stunning sea vista, views of the Sanctuary of Truth and away in the distance the port of Lamchabang. There is also enough power outlets to charge my devices. The lighting in the room is also good. There is a large refrigerator (with free non alcohol minibar) and a very modern electronic safe which opens from on-top.

The bed was the largest I have ever slept on, whatever is bigger than King Size it is this….just perfect, not too soft not too hard either, and the AC worked well - totally silent and with a clean filter. Note there are bathrobes and those little slippers provided.

Bathroom- The bathroom layout is of the traditional variety…with the sink, shower and WC, actually in the bathroom. The shower was one of the best I’ve ever had in any hotel. The shower gel and other free stuff was quality too. 

Wifi - The WiFi signal is the best I’ve come across in the city, and no need to log in every day.

Breakfast - The breakfasts…well TBH I usually don’t eat till noon, but  as the breakfast was free, I did partake. Got to say that one sign of a true five star hotel is the breakfasts - this hotel did not disappoint. You can eat outside or inside and you are shown to your table by a waitress. There are so many choices that I won’t even begin to describe them… this is a very classy top of the range place with offerings like omelettes made by the in-house chef to order. 

Facilities - the hotel is geared, predominantly for families and business travellers. It has a large main infinity pool, a kids pool, and a mini waterpark with slides. It also has plenty of sun lounges and parasols. There is a large size gym with machines, free weights and treadmill. There are lots of elevators so you are never kept waiting.

Customer Service - the staff are on the whole very friendly and helpful, though as with many top hotels, I think that the staff are can be overly helpful to the point of being fussy….I travel light and genuinely don’t want anyone to carry my small bag. 

Guest Policy - I honestly can’t comment on this as I was on a family trip. Indeed, it will be fair to say that I never saw a single Monger with his lady for the night. 

Cleanliness - The cleaning in the room is of a really high standard, the place is totally immaculate - clean as a whistle. The staff are fine in terms of giving you extra towels etc...as always guys consider leaving a daily tip on top of the bed, for the hard working cleaners. I will give extra points to Grand Center Point a big bonus for how quickly the rooms are made up…usually 30 minutes after putting the sign on. In some hotels you leave the ‘please clean room’ sign on say after breakfast… you can return some hours later to find that nothings changed, and that your room may not be cleaned until say 4 pm… not so here. 

Noise - I didn’t hear a thing at night. 

Parking - There is parking for motorcycles and cars.

Price - 5,500THB a night in an Agoda ‘flash sale’ 

Quirky 1 - I didn’t realise until I booked that this hotel, along with it, sister hotels (including Space) I’ll have a no alcohol policy. No alcoholic drinks are served or sold anywhere in the hotel. The hotel though, has no problem with you, bringing your own booze in, and there’s no corkage charge.

Quirky 2 - as you can probably guess from the pricing policy, there are no tour groups. We did, however, have the misfortune to sit beside an affluent Chinese family whose table manners left something to be desired. Indeed the grandfather started coughing, proceeded to nonchalantly and very loudly make a rasping sound and spit a big greenie into his napkin…lovely 🤪

Overall -  In many respects this property is one that I rated, but only from a family perspective. As a single dude I would never stay somewhere like this, too expensive, and impersonal for my taste. However, my family absolutely loved it and my large thought. The kids club with PS5 along with the waterpark was just the best place ever stayed. Grande Center Point do not appear to cater for tour groups, so no large groups of Indian lads, nor coach loads of Chinese. US, Aussie, European and Korean guests are the ones I met. IMHO this is a proper 5 star luxury hotel, but not one which would suit the majority of PA members. 

Lottelle Winna Score: 6/10 (but my missus and son scored it 9.5)

IMG_2485.png

IMG_2486.jpeg

IMG_2470.jpeg

IMG_2468.jpeg

IMG_2466.jpeg

IMG_2464.jpeg

IMG_2462.jpeg

IMG_2492.jpeg

IMG_2480.jpeg

Thanks for the detailed review.  I’m thinking about this hotel for my upcoming last minute trip as Hilton is 250 a night, and this one is half the price.  What do you mean impersonal?  For me quiet is supremely important, followed by location and the room/facilities, it seems this place is quiet per your review, rooms are great, location is not perfect but still on baht bus route, so it should check off all the boxes for me?  Thanks 

• Thanks 1

If you like the Hilton then I’m sure you will like Grande Center Point. My reference to ‘impersonal’ was just a sign of my personal preference for smaller less corporate hotels. My missus and son got me to book this hotel as they love top of the range huge 5 star hotels like this (we have just returned from a stay at the Movenpick at Na Jomtien - again a 5 star behemoth). 

Having spent my working executive life staying in these type of hotels my own preference is for something more homely and on a smaller scale (Amethyst/Areca/Blackwoods). 

As I say if you enjoy the Hilton, you will enjoy this hotel - it’s true 5 star ️ quality.

4 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

If you like the Hilton then I’m sure you will like Grande Center Point. My reference to ‘impersonal’ was just a sign of my personal preference for smaller less corporate hotels. My missus and son got me to book this hotel as they love top of the range huge 5 star hotels like this (we have just returned from a stay at the Movenpick at Na Jomtien - again a 5 star behemoth). 

Having spent my working executive life staying in these type of hotels my own preference is for something more homely and on a smaller scale (Amethyst/Areca/Blackwoods). 

As I say if you enjoy the Hilton, you will enjoy this hotel - it’s true 5 star ️ quality.

Yep I’m into the soulless cookie cutter hotels with modern rooms and facilities lol. You didn’t hear anything in your room right?  What gave me pause was all the crazy kids running around at 6am just when I’m about to go to sleep

• Like 1

Great review.  I was looking to stay there so this came in handy. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Checked with the hotel, minimum age for ladies is 20

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ruudebwoy77 said:

Checked with the hotel, minimum age for ladies is 20

That’s only if they stop you (I’ve stayed at hard rock and the Hilton and never seen either hotel do) or if the lady voluntarily stops at the front desk.  Have a stay booked at GCP and hope they don’t stop you to check IDs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Samf said:

That’s only if they stop you (I’ve stayed at hard rock and the Hilton and never seen either hotel do) or if the lady voluntarily stops at the front desk.  Have a stay booked at GCP and hope they don’t stop you to check IDs

Let us know how you get on, when is your stay?

• Like 1

On 06/10/2023 at 23:18, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

A few more pics…

IMG_2494.jpeg

Thanks for the info!

I assume that is the "mini water park" at the bottom of the photo?

TGF's daughter is 5, so it might be a bit much for her.  She eager to splash around, but not much of a swimmer (yet).  She went down the water slide at the Holiday Inn kid's pool twice, but then wanted no part of it.  I think coming off of it into water that was much deeper than she expected scared her a little bit.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Thanks for the info!

I assume that is the "mini water park" at the bottom of the photo?

TGF's daughter is 5, so it might be a bit much for her.  She eager to splash around, but not much of a swimmer (yet).  She went down the water slide at the Holiday Inn kid's pool twice, but then wanted no part of it.  I think coming off of it into water that was much deeper than she expected scared her a little bit.

There is also a smaller and shallower pool (pictured) for younger kids. Additionally at 4-5pm they have a kids pool foam party which they host from the bar adjoining the pool with music and prizes.

IMG_3341.jpeg

IMG_3340.jpeg

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

On 07/04/2024 at 11:32, ruudebwoy77 said:

Let us know how you get on, when is your stay?

End of this month 

• Like 1