Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tourist visa from Australia

exercise

Please note that 3 months is the validity of the visa. You will be stamped in for 60 days. 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, exercise said:

Ok and how do I extend the additional 30?

At immigration in Jomtien. 1900 baht. Or use an agent for a bit more. 

Ah I've done that before and didn't enjoy the experience.

So the AUD60 which is 1410baht is only slightly cheaper than the alternative of entering on a visa free waiver and extending at Jomtien for 1900baht.

I wonder if the multiple entry 6-month visa for AUD300 requires 4 visits to immigration?

So the AUD60 which is 1410baht is only slightly cheaper than the alternative of entering on a visa free waiver and extending at Jomtien for 1900baht.

I wonder if the multiple entry 6-month visa for AUD300 requires 4 visits to immigration?

2 hours ago, exercise said:

On this page https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/visa-fee/ it lists a tourist visa for single entry 3 months as AUD60. Has anyone ever applied for this from outside Canberra?

Yes,  I applied for one in 2020.  

You need to fill in a form which you can download and print. You have to attach a passport photo which you can get from a post office.

You also need to make printouts of a bunch of other documents like bank statements,  hotel bookings and stuff,  specified on the embassy web site.

I took all the documents and my passport in to the local (Adelaide) Thai consulate, and paid the fee there.   I left my passport with them,  and returned to collect it a few days later,  with the visa affixed and stamped.   The process was pretty easy I thought.

• Like 2

Also, was the extension after 60 days any different to an extension after 30 days?

2 hours ago, exercise said:

Also, was the extension after 60 days any different to an extension after 30 days?

It's same same.

On 06/10/2023 at 21:08, exercise said:

On this page https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/visa-fee/ it lists a tourist visa for single entry 3 months as AUD60. Has anyone ever applied for this from outside Canberra?

yes look in your capital city https://sydney.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa-single-entry

As mentioned you misinterpreting the visa the visa i valid for 3 months you only get 60 day 

On 06/10/2023 at 23:43, exercise said:

You are misunderstanding the METV and SETV visa.

SETV one entry  $60 will give you 60 days next step is immigration  1900 baht extend to 90 days total. 

The 6 month METV will give you 60 days every  entry.

You can do this arrive 60 days + 1  trip to immigration from there you will need to leave the country to get a new 60 days. or leave country every 60 days ( visa run maybe) to get new 60 days no trips to immigration.

if you time it all correct and arrive before the last day expiry on a METV you can get 8 months. with outgoing to Immigration 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 06/10/2023 at 23:48, ocka said:

Yes,  I applied for one in 2020.  

You need to fill in a form which you can download and print. You have to attach a passport photo which you can get from a post office.

You also need to make printouts of a bunch of other documents like bank statements,  hotel bookings and stuff,  specified on the embassy web site.

I took all the documents and my passport in to the local (Adelaide) Thai consulate, and paid the fee there.   I left my passport with them,  and returned to collect it a few days later,  with the visa affixed and stamped.   The process was pretty easy I thought.

All online now just bring passport to Immigration with your booking as you will have added all the paperwork.

As for passport photo if you haven't got any  make and print your own 10c to 20c for 6 ( for actual passport not recommended)

https://www.idphoto4you.com/#UploadForm

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.