IGNORED

Good 5G routers

Ghostrider83

Hi everyone,

Currently sorting out plans for my plan B internet. At this stage a 5G mobile solution would be ideal for my purposes and I am doing research on suitable routers, which leads me to my question:

Has any one used or is currently using a TP-Link Deco X80-5G in Thailand? 

Any first hand reviews would be much appreciated before I commit to buy one as they aren’t cheap. Or has anyone else got a good 5G router they can recommend? Minimum specs I require is WiFi capability, active routing functions (NAT, DHCP, IP & Port Forwarding) and at least 1x outgoing Ethernet port.

Thanks and looking forward to your experiences and recommendations.

Wifi at my last hotel in BKK was so bad I had to go with a plan B.  The most readily available solution was the AIS 5G Home router (a re-branded ZTE MC888) from AIS store.  With AIS service was able to get 50Mbs downloads (fast.com) reliably.   Not sure if there are better solutions/cheaper solutions or not, but it certainly took care of my needs.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks Dave1986.

Did you buy the router as part of a Plan from AIS or separate and got a prepaid sim?

Got a cheap pre-paid SIM at same time I got router.   It was good for 90 days by default, but by adding packages or baht,  extended it for 9 months, and I can extend it again when needed.

Then there was an added on-top data package that gave me unlimited data at max speed for 30 days.  Want to say the on-top package was around 700 baht, but not sure, might have been more.   Since I really needed reliable internet at the time, I wasn't in my normal thrift mode.    

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much, may I ask who the provider was and what package you got?

AIS was the provider.  Not sure of the package name.  When i went to the AIS shop and bought the router, they had a sheet with different options - I picked the unlimited data @ max speed for 30 days.

• Thanks 1