Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Most Bang For Baht

I love the idea of a food court at a shopping center where i can try lots of different Thai foods at a reasonable  price. Wich one would you recommend? Terminal 21, Central Festival  or Big C? 

All 3 options are good

But for sheer variety, Central is good. You can eat while you do some people-watching

and you can walk around just to feel the atmosphere 

but of course the most affordable is the food stalls 

• Like 2

I haven't tried myself but I hear consistently good reports about th Terminal 21 food court 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MilanoMila said:

All 3 options are good

But for sheer variety, Central is good. You can eat while you do some people-watching

and you can walk around just to feel the atmosphere 

but of course the most affordable is the food stalls 

OK, but what do you mean by FOOD Stalls?

Food stalls, food stands, food carts 

a smaller version of  a restaurant, with a sole proprietor making the food right then and there . They are much cheaper, and the food is much fresher

Something like one of these pictures

What do you call them in Australia?

travelblender-thailand-phuket-food-Food-stalls.thumb.jpg.54c8794dece3eb86432762e41408145b.jpgiconsiam-shopping-mall-food-court-khlong-san-district-thonburi-bangkok-thailand-2AHYG8P.thumb.jpg.b34308626cd12edd1c8ee1ad14cd00be.jpgSlide43-758x569.jpg.a1fb64f288548ce7869f799e4afe8afb.jpgdownload.jpg.8a6a7502115f9944c60972400a3a67d7.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sloracer said:

I haven't tried myself but I hear consistently good reports about th Terminal 21 food court 

Freshly cooked food in a variety of styles and inexpensive

8 hours ago, MilanoMila said:

Food stalls, food stands, food carts 

a smaller version of  a restaurant, with a sole proprietor making the food right then and there . They are much cheaper, and the food is much fresher

Something like one of these pictures

travelblender-thailand-phuket-food-Food-stalls.thumb.jpg.54c8794dece3eb86432762e41408145b.jpgiconsiam-shopping-mall-food-court-khlong-san-district-thonburi-bangkok-thailand-2AHYG8P.thumb.jpg.b34308626cd12edd1c8ee1ad14cd00be.jpgSlide43-758x569.jpg.a1fb64f288548ce7869f799e4afe8afb.jpgdownload.jpg.8a6a7502115f9944c60972400a3a67d7.jpg

I agree they are great value and variety but you have to learn (with help hopefully), what is what and often I have found it difficult to get "mein pheat" unless you add the extras and again you initially need help.

8 hours ago, KingRatty said:

OK so they are safe to eat at?

I have never had a major problem but many claims of "food posioning" have to be balanced with what you are doing to your system.

I go to Central and Terminal, but the Terminal 21 Foodcourt is the best for me, good quality, great variety and very cheap. Sometimes its crowded, but if you go a little bit later its okay and its always good to walk past Eiffel Tower... The funniest thing for me is always the western food where they give you 7 or 8 fries with the chicken steak, I think they really count the fries.

10 hours ago, MilanoMila said:

Michelin star.

• Haha 2

I find the one in Central a bit expensive the stalls around Treetown are great for a cheap meal. Also the restaurant next to the 7/11 in front of Central is great value for money around the same price as you'd pay in the basement in the food court but in my opinion more relaxed and with service.

On 01/10/2023 at 22:00, KingRatty said:

... food court at a shopping center where i can try lots of different Thai foods at a reasonable  price. Which one would you recommend? Terminal 21, Central Festival  or Big C? 

Try all three and make up your mind based on your own experience.

My usual hotel is near the Dolphin roundabout near Terminal 21 which is good, though I do find the pay by food coupon system a bit confusing.

In South Pattaya my favorites are Pattaya Beer Garden at the north entrance to Walking Street and KISS restaurant for quick, cheap food; it's in Second Road opposite Mikes Shopping Mall and at the corner of Soi Diana. Both serve Thai and farang food.

On 01/10/2023 at 22:00, KingRatty said:

... food court at a shopping center where i can try lots of different Thai foods at a reasonable  price. Which one would you recommend? Terminal 21, Central Festival  or Big C? 

Try all three and make up your mind based on your own experience.

My usual hotel is near the Dolphin roundabout near Terminal 21 which is good, though I do find the pay by food coupon system a bit confusing.

In South Pattaya my favorites are Pattaya Beer Garden at the north entrance to Walking Street and KISS restaurant for quick, cheap food; it's in Second Road opposite Mikes Shopping Mall and at the corner of Soi Diana. Both serve Thai and farang food.

On 01/10/2023 at 18:00, KingRatty said:

I love the idea of a food court at a shopping center where i can try lots of different Thai foods at a reasonable  price. Wich one would you recommend? Terminal 21, Central Festival  or Big C? 

None of the above...  or all three... They are just a baht bus ride away... 

Central has food trucks on the 2nd rd side at night, and usually something like food trucks/vendor stalls on the beach rd side (at night and on the weekend)...

Big C North (Marina Central) has an outdoor food vendor court on 2nd rd at night... Their inside food court is limited...

T21 usually has outdoor food vendors under the planes at night... Their inside food court is "ok"...mainly just cheap...

Their is a HUGE night market here which will have most everything... Thepprasit Night Market..https://maps.app.goo.gl/2czvXNCgzhmC24EL6

Treetown is "just ok" ...

Edited by Saddic

11 hours ago, Saddic said:

None of the above...  or all three... They are just a baht bus ride away... 

Central has food trucks on the 2nd rd side at night, and usually something like food trucks/vendor stalls on the beach rd side (at night and on the weekend)...

Big C North (Marina Central) has an outdoor food vendor court on 2nd rd at night... Their inside food court is limited...

T21 usually has outdoor food vendors under the planes at night... Their inside food court is "ok"...mainly just cheap...

Their is a HUGE night market here which will have most everything... Thepprasit Night Market..https://maps.app.goo.gl/2czvXNCgzhmC24EL6

Treetown is "just ok" ...

Thanks, i will try all three.  but wich one has the best crab fried rice?

Crab-fried-rice-sq.jpg

Edited by KingRatty

3 hours ago, KingRatty said:

Thanks, i will try all three.  but wich one has the best crab fried rice?

Crab-fried-rice-sq.jpg

Very much doubt you will find that in any of the food court/food truck/night market...  but I don't know for sure... good luck...  You'd have to go to one of the seafood venues... aka expensive place on Walking Street, or way out south on Jontien Beach Rd (Pupin)... or maybe Mr Moo (Next to Rompo Mkt in Jontien)...

• 1 month later...

Another mention is the food court at The Avenue, downstairs from Robin Hood, in fact a lot of RHs staff eat there.

Very Limited choice but the Thai food place dead in the center of about 7 stalls  does good food, cooked to order and fast ,very cheap also.

• Like 3