IGNORED

Helmets

MunterHunter

Where is the best selection of helmets in Pattaya ? Yes, probably Boyz Town but it’s not going in my ass or mouth. On my head

Mototbike helmets! 

MaiThai Motorbikes opposite the hospital on Soi Boukhao sell Shark and HJC helmets, they did have a small number of Schubert helmets as well though not sure if they still do, all good brands.

For what it's worth I bought a Shark open face helmet from them but ordered and Arai Full face from the UK. 

Bangkok of course has a better selection, including both dedicated Arai and AGV helmet shops next door to each other.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, shagwell said:

MaiThai Motorbikes opposite the hospital on Soi Boukhao sell Shark and HJC helmets, they did have a small number of Schubert helmets as well though not sure if they still do, all good brands.

For what it's worth I bought a Shark open face helmet from them but ordered and Arai Full face from the UK. 

Bangkok of course has a better selection, including both dedicated Arai and AGV helmet shops next door to each other.

Thanks Shagzzy!

I take it your into bikes? How they fair compared to prices back home? 

Mai Thai is the best option if you want a proper helmet, other option is Lazada if you know exactly what you want.

There are a bunch of other local shops that sell cheap helmets but they will only protect you from getting a fine will offer minimal crash protection.

57 minutes ago, MunterHunter said:

Thanks Shagzzy!

I take it your into bikes? How they fair compared to prices back home? 

Well I was in my youth, then had over 3 decades without one while I worked in the Middle East but have become a born again biker in the last couple of years. 

Just last week bought a new Triumph Street Twin, very marginally less than UK retail price but then they added a 20k discount, free 1st class insurance for a year and free delivery from Pattaya to Issan so ended up being around 1000 pounds cheaper than UK. (Last year I bought exactly the same bike in the Philippines where it was roughly 2000 pounds more!)

I think a lot of the Japanese bikes e.g, Honda are a fair bit cheaper than UK- e.g. Honda CB500F is over 6000 pounds in the UK, less than 5000 pounds here. Smaller bikes and Scooters seem particularly cheap.

Baht&Sold is also worth a look for second hand bikes. I bought a 2 year old Honda CB500F with less than 2000km on the clock for only 90000 baht in 2021 - but that was after a chance talk with a Bolt taxi driver when COVID was still keeping tourists away and people were desperate for money.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, shagwell said:

Well I was in my youth, then had over 3 decades without one while I worked in the Middle East but have become a born again biker in the last couple of years. 

Just last week bought a new Triumph Street Twin, very marginally less than UK retail price but then they added a 20k discount, free 1st class insurance for a year and free delivery from Pattaya to Issan so ended up being around 1000 pounds cheaper than UK. (Last year I bought exactly the same bike in the Philippines where it was roughly 2000 pounds more!)

I think a lot of the Japanese bikes e.g, Honda are a fair bit cheaper than UK- e.g. Honda CB500F is over 6000 pounds in the UK, less than 5000 pounds here. Smaller bikes and Scooters seem particularly cheap.

Baht&Sold is also worth a look for second hand bikes. I bought a 2 year old Honda CB500F with less than 2000km on the clock for only 90000 baht in 2021 - but that was after a chance talk with a Bolt taxi driver when COVID was still keeping tourists away and people were desperate for money.

Thanks 😊