IGNORED

Does NFL+ work in Thailand with a VPN?

cbmgolfer

Does anyone know if NFL+ (via subscription) work in Thailand if you are using a VPN (that obviously connects to a US server)?

Asking because some of my subscription stuff works here and some of it does not.

Thanks

Is that what used to be called gamepass or some such? In that case, almost certainly yes. And wouldn't even need vpn. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

No, according to https://support.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/5400907201436-Where-is-NFL-available-#:~:text=NFL%2B is available only in the United States. 
But, you can get a Game Pass subscription here https://www.dazn.com/en-TH/account/content/NFL/select-subscription

for 1750 ฿ for the season or 689 ฿ per week.

Edited by forqalso

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

45 minutes ago, forqalso said:

thanks for the reply ... unfortunately, that doesn't really answer the question.  I probably should have explained it in more detail.  I have cable tv in the US ... there is a system whereby you can login to some apps for channels that I subscribe to on my cable subscription on your mobile devices using your cable company login credentials.  I have found that when outside the US, many of these channel apps (Paramount+, ESPN, Bravo, etc) can be accessed if I have a VPN running with the server set to a US location.  However, some channels will not work as they somehow know I'm not in the US despite the VPN.

NFL+ is $6.99/mo so I guess I will have to just give it a try and see if it works.

Last year on vacation in Patts I was able to watch Thursday night football with my Prime subscription through Nord VPN.  This year, here in BKK it will not work.  Did some investigation via web searches and apparently Prime and other service providers now somehow track heavily used IP addresses which are not in your Billing information area and suspect VPN access, so limit what you can watch through that connection.

Several solutions were presented, I tried some of the less intrusive ones, but didn't really want to go full hog on changes to my laptop, as it might limit some of my more important connectivity.

13 minutes ago, cbmgolfer said:

thanks for the reply ... unfortunately, that doesn't really answer the question.  I probably should have explained it in more detail.  I have cable tv in the US ... there is a system whereby you can login to some apps for channels that I subscribe to on my cable subscription on your mobile devices using your cable company login credentials.  I have found that when outside the US, many of these channel apps (Paramount+, ESPN, Bravo, etc) can be accessed if I have a VPN running with the server set to a US location.  However, some channels will not work as they somehow know I'm not in the US despite the VPN.

NFL+ is $6.99/mo so I guess I will have to just give it a try and see if it works.

Yeah, I re-read your post and it was too late to adjust my response. But, depending on the length of your stay, you’ve got a couple in-country options if it turns out the service detects your VPN. Before I got Wizz tv, I could always find my games on bootleg sites, but sometimes I would lose the feed and have to scramble to reconnect.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

Oh wait ... it's $15/mo because you need to buy Premium to get replays on demand, which since the games are basically midnight-1am here I would need to do.  Sounds like Gamepass may be the best option.

This has replays of the NFL games with the ads removed usually within an hour of the game being completed. https://nfl-video.com/ there is college games etc on there aswell

Edited by Doubleh

5 hours ago, Doubleh said:

This has replays of the NFL games with the ads removed usually within an hour of the game being completed. https://nfl-video.com/ there is college games etc on there aswell

awesome dude ... thanks!