IGNORED

Qatar DUB - DOH - BKK return

JonnyR

I recently flew with Qatar from Dublin to Doha and on to BKK.

QR18 DUB - DOH. It was a flight at 3pm in the afternoon. Area 4 or 5 in Terminal 1 for check in desks. Very close to where you exit from the escalator. Security was very light at the airport. I breezed thru it in 4 minutes.  I selected seat 35F, aisle seat second row from the back in our section.  Leg width, not so much room, knees were touching the back of the seat in front of me. Large IFE screen which was good and bad. Bad bc when the chap in 34F reclined the screen was practically in my face. Selection of movies not so great. Food was decent, had a choice of Chicken + Rice or some pasta dish. Plenty of rice, not some much chicken. Cus cus for starter and a peach sorbet for dessert. 3 wines availed of. Seat is near the toilets and there is plenty of noise from the cabin crew in the galley behind.

QR 836 - DOH to BKK. Arrived in Doh and bused to the terminal. Had to walk a bit to find the security. You could keep electronics in the bag but had to take liquids out. I had 1 hr 50 mins transit time but bc of the bus and time walking and getting thru security I just went to the gate 8H. Bare in mind that there are 2 flights to BKK roughly at the same time. Long queue at the gate to gain entry to pre-boarding lounge/area, so probably better to head straight to the gate if you can. I choose Seat 38G. Full recline unimpeded. Seat didn't feel as tight as the Dublin flight. IFE screen not as big. Chicken sandwich on offer + drink(s). Popped two sleeping tablets, and woke for brekkie about 2 hours before landing. Brekkie was probably an omelette. 

QR 835 BKK - DOH. I arrived at BKK 3.5 hrs before the flight time. This was a good idea as the Qatar check in desks were busy as there is another flight to Doh before or just after my flight so there was plenty of people in the queue. Even though I had checked in online, I had to use one of the check in machines to print boarding card and tickets for luggage, and then had to queue for available check in desk. No dedicated bag drop, which makes you think Why bother doing online check in. Full flight. Seat 60 G, Zone 4 for boarding, so one of the last to board. Can't remember too much about the food/drinks on offer, probably similar to QR 836.

QR 19 DOH - DUB. Bus to Terminal. No Security check just straight through. 2 hr transit wait and it was plenty of time. Bus to the plane. Seat 25F. Limited recline but not too bad. I think there was a sandwich on offer + drink(s). As it was a very early morning flight I probably took a few sleeping tabs and woke for brekkie. Flight was a little cold so jacket or hoodie needed onbaord.

I paid 721 Eur for the seat + choosing seat extras. I could have gotten it 100 yoyo cheaper if I opted for the 8am flight from Dublin, but 3pm was grand and security was light.

I will fly with Qatar again if the price is right.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Nice report, thanks for posting

I go with Etihiad  as im a gold member

the 9 am flight with them is a pain,

used to be 8 pm pre covid, so much better,

€720  is  good price these days, i paid €1100 in june with  Etihiad

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

On 26/09/2023 at 10:53, fostraswift said:

Nice report, thanks for posting

I go with Etihiad  as im a gold member

the 9 am flight with them is a pain,

used to be 8 pm pre covid, so much better,

€720  is  good price these days, i paid €1100 in june with  Etihiad

Oh the good ol times of Covid when the planes were half empty and no screaming kids. I flew with Etihad in May and remember both journeys and legs were very full. Some many people from Indian with kids. The screaming kids does my head in. Grub in economy was decent enough. I used to have Silver status with them which meant you could use the lounge in Dublin Airport but that has deteriorated in recent years. I remember getting some top notch food there + some great wines, but the last time I used it, it was crackers + cheese with limited meat options. Still if the price is right I'll fly with anyone.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com