IGNORED

Online booking or via an agent whilst within Thailand ??

KyleReading

Long time since I've booked flights originating out of Bangkok but are physical travel agents useful or as always just better to book online for international travel  ??

Theres a prominent Aussie guy who runs a big agency with his Thai girl (think shes called Lexi)  and wonder if they're worth a call

(Yes just call them lol)

Any physical agency recommendations ??

Edited by KyleReading

The Physical shop I use is called Malee travel.They are in that small arcade next to Kiss restaurant 2nd road.I used them last year to sort out my Cambodian border run.Just had the feeling of them being very helpful.They have been open a long time and I used them a few times before Covid to do travel inside Thailand.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gaztop08 said:

The Physical shop I use is called Malee travel.They are in that small arcade next to Kiss restaurant 2nd road.I used them last year to sort out my Cambodian border run.Just had the feeling of them being very helpful.They have been open a long time and I used them a few times before Covid to do travel inside Thailand.

Ah yes lol

I know exactly where they are as used them several times way back when return flights still needed to be reconfirmed

Thanks for that. Will pop in there at some point

1 minute ago, jaynewcastle said:

Why would you not book the flights online direct with the airline  ?

lol I suspect you know why as we've had this discussion before over agent or direct with airline

I'm purely asking on this occasion if a physical agent may well obtain a better price than an online agent

Must be 17 years ago since I originated out of Bangkok and just putting the question out there. Malee Travel was exactly what I wanted to hear

Purely interested if theres much margin in it these days

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KyleReading said:

lol I suspect you know why as we've had this discussion before over agent or direct with airline

I'm purely asking on this occasion if a physical agent may well obtain a better price than an online agent

Must be 17 years ago since I originated out of Bangkok and just putting the question out there. Malee Travel was exactly what I wanted to hear

Purely interested if theres much margin in it these days

Thank you. I was just curious as to why you would consider booking a flight this way.

If I knew, or had remembered you were somebody who booked flights with 3rd party agents, then I wouldn't have asked my question 

Your memory is obviously better than mine