Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

2023 MotoGP

Bira

With IPTV I have been enjoying this season of MotoGP. I am almost at the point of renewing my MotoGP subscription so I can also watch some of the Moto 2 races, as well as free practice and Qualifying sessions, unless someone has a guide to watch from torrents, etc, although I can watch all 3 races, Moto 3, Moto 2, and MotoGP, on the live feed (TNT channel) on race day.

I checked MotoGP video pass, 70 Euro for the last 7 races. 

WARNING - DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER, Partial race spoilers.

Catalunya - Bagnaia has massive high side, gets run over on first turn crash. Miraculously no broken bones.

San Marino - Bagnaia managed to get on his bike in the following week. Finishes in top 3, but could not dismount from bike in Parc Ferme

Buddh (New Delhi, India) - Jorge Martin holds off Quartararo to take 2nd, but suffering from heat exhaustion. 

TGOEA

I use paid IPTV Eternal - $10/month for 3 accounts.

WizzTV is rated highly.

Freebie SportsFire works OK...picture quality not brilliant.

For Torrents I use  https://torrentgalaxy.buzz/search/

Thanks Edge,

wizzTv has been flawless.

Haven’t used torrents a quite awhile. Used to be racingunderground (by invitation). Changed name to racingfor.me. Lost my username and password, so your recommendation for torrentgalaxy is appreciated.

You consider flying up to Buriam next month? I might. We’ll see. 

TGOEA

30 minutes ago, Bira said:

,.......flying up to Buriam next month? I might. We’ll see. 

Got GS tickets planning to ride up.

Great event did 2018, 2019, 2022.

37 minutes ago, Bira said:

You consider flying up to Buriam next month? I might. We’ll see. 

I’d recommend you make arrangements for a hotel as soon as possible if you are considering going.  

11 minutes ago, manni2011 said:

I’d recommend you make arrangements for a hotel as soon as possible if you are considering going.  

Agoda and Booking are pretty useless for this.

There is lots of accomm' available but it's mostly small resorts which are on FB in Thai, so you have to search.

We've used one 26 kms out twice and now have one 3 kms out.

On 26/09/2023 at 06:33, Bira said:

With IPTV I have been enjoying this season of MotoGP. I am almost at the point of renewing my MotoGP subscription so I can also watch some of the Moto 2 races, as well as free practice and Qualifying sessions, unless someone has a guide to watch from torrents, etc, although I can watch all 3 races, Moto 3, Moto 2, and MotoGP, on the live feed (TNT channel) on race day.

I checked MotoGP video pass, 70 Euro for the last 7 races. 

TNT Sport UK when it was BT Sport used to show many of the qualifying sessions, not sure if it still does. There is also a Sky Sports MotoGP channel in Italy which shows virtually everything over the weekend, although the commentary is in Italian. You might be able to find an IPTV supplier which includes MotoGP subscription as part of their package.

Thank you for sharing this great info, although I scraped up the coins under my sofa and bought the 2nd half season for 45 Euros.

TGOEA

On 26/09/2023 at 18:34, Edge said:

Got GS tickets planning to ride up.

Great event did 2018, 2019, 2022.

I assume the GS seating work on a 'first come first served' basis?

What time do you need to enter for a good seat.

Any preffered spots to sit in the GS.

2 hours ago, Sloracer said:

I assume the GS seating work on a 'first come first served' basis?

What time do you need to enter for a good seat.

Any preffered spots to sit in the GS.

I've been there 07.30 (gates open 08.30) but I think some Thais sleep in there.

No allocation some seats better but no bad seats.

• 4 weeks later...

How was Buriam? Watched most of all 3 days in the comfort of my condo. Quite alot of excitement for Somkiat’s podium in Moto2. No doubt it was wild being there in person.

Recently discovered another excellent documentary on Amazon Prime (with my IPTV WizzTV sub) - MotoGP Unlimited. There are eight episodes covering the 2021 season. 

TGOEA

36 minutes ago, Bira said:

How was Buriam?

@Fired Up Paul did a write up last year. Try a search. But my conclusion was I'm no hurry to go. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, Bira said:

How was Buriam? Watched most of all 3 days in the comfort of my condo. Quite alot of excitement for Somkiat’s podium in Moto2. No doubt it was wild being there in person.

Recently discovered another excellent documentary on Amazon Prime (with my IPTV WizzTV sub) - MotoGP Unlimited. There are eight episodes covering the 2021 season. 

Not missed a year yet and some have suggested that it was the race of the year....it was for us. Fantastic race for the C'ship....support for MM93 still very strong here.

Downloaded it in full HD and of course I'll watch it again.

Spoke to a friend who watched Moto2 from his sofa and said it was boring. I suppose just watching the 3-4 lead bikes circulate it probably was, but watching it from a prime seat in Grandstand, amidst a predominantly Thai crowd, esp considering how their hopes were dashed last year, it very much wasn't.

It has to be Grandstand though IMO.

Organisation was again spot on, but this year so was the weather. Looking fwd to next year already.

We had rooms at a resort 3 kms away plus a minibus on call. These resorts are not on Agoda or Booking.com you have to find them on FB but there are lots.

• Like 2

On 01/11/2023 at 16:38, Edge said:

Not missed a year yet and some have suggested that it was the race of the year....it was for us. Fantastic race for the C'ship....support for MM93 still very strong here.

Downloaded it in full HD and of course I'll watch it again.

It has to be Grandstand though IMO.

Organisation was again spot on, but this year so was the weather. Looking fwd to next year already.

We had rooms at a resort 3 kms away plus a minibus on call. These resorts are not on Agoda or Booking.com you have to find them on FB but there are lots.

The MotoGP race was best race of the year by a large margin. Several riders 'at it' as Guy Martin would say.

I have booked a cancellable hotel nearby for 2024. So hopefully will be able to get over for it. Any tips greatly to the event all the more enjoyable greatly appreciated!

For the IPTV, TNT sports does replay all the weekends races during the following week, sometimes on TNT 1 sometimes TNT 2. Have to check the schedules as I don't think its the same times every week...could be wrong though.

TNT sports doesn't show live practice sessions for Moto3 and Moto2 on Saturday mornings which is a bit annoying....

So if I want to watch Moto 2&3 live its over to Supersports motors...South African sports channel and they have all the practice sessions. 

I have had the Motogp video pass in the past but much prefer the commentary on TNT. 

6 hours ago, billybob69 said:

...................I have booked a cancellable hotel nearby for 2024. So hopefully will be able to get over for it. Any tips greatly to the event all the more enjoyable greatly appreciated!

Friends have had problems booking with Agoda/Booking due to late cancellations by the agent due to better offers from the corporates.....offered alternatives in Surin, 60 kms away.
Booking with the actual hotel and paying a confirmed deposit seems safer but it sounds like you don't want to do that.

As I said, plenty of resorts out there if you look.
We may book in advance, but we don't pay a deposit until we know we have tickets.
It's Grandstand or bust for us and they sell out very quickly online. There were none available at the official stands at the track, but there were quite a lot on FB.
If you can't get GS the best option is the permanent Side Stand to our left. The newer ones to our right catch the afternoon sun and I don't think they have proper roofs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

This years' MotoGP is shaping up to be a good 'un.
Martin is taking his form into this year. Pecca looking solid as ever. Marquez is still taking no prisoners, but is now on a competitive bike. The rookie looks to be a competitor for top spot (either this year or next year). KTM and Aprilia (sometimes) are improving their bikes year on year.

OK ...but Pecco "as solid as ever" not really ???

Screenshot_2024-03-26-17-44-06-022_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.e76208ca6ffb870676f0c453500cfdb2.jpg

The Martinator is getting away.

On 26/03/2024 at 10:45, Edge said:

OK ...but Pecco "as solid as ever" not really ???

I described him as "solid". I didn't describe him as a legend like Stoner, Rossi or MM93 in their prime or even a Lorenzo.

That's what he is; a solid rider. Although because MM didn't trouble him much last season, he wasn't smart enough to realise what a liability MM has become. He should have let MM through and just let him self-implode a lap or two later.

Enjoy it with a few different riders in the mix and a number of ex-world champions on the starting grid whilst it lasts. Acosta looks he is going to dominate for the next 5-6-7 years.