Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

iPhone 14/15

Roadglide

Since the new iPhones sold here in the states have ONLY the Esim, for those that own the iPhone 14, have you had any issues using your stateside phone in Thailand, with a Thai Esim?

I have read that the newer iPhones can store up to 8 numbers on the internal Esim, can someone explain how THAT works?  If I have two lines here in the states, and I want to add a line in Thailand, what happens to the number since there is no longer a physical sim to pull out?

Thanks RG

I have an IPhone 14 and it was no problem at all. The Thai carrier will just add another e-sim to your phone. You can decide which number you want to be primary. You can switch back and forth using setting (cellular). Just don’t delete your current e-sim and you should be fine.

I used eSIM on my most recent trip and it was great. As mentioned above you can switch between them in the settings. The best part is that you can buy your eSIM in advance and just activate it when you land, you can skip waiting in line at the airport which can save a lot of time. Well worth it for that alone.

Yes, love the eSIM.  Can’t wait for some of the stragglers to catch up and offer in their country too. 

Yes, on the 14/15 you can store up to 8 numbers and have up to 2 active at any given time; easy to switch between them.  I keep my home number as my primary and toggle the secondary according to what country I’m in at the time. 

9 hours ago, momo5 said:

Yes, love the eSIM.  Can’t wait for some of the stragglers to catch up and offer in their country too. 

Yes, on the 14/15 you can store up to 8 numbers and have up to 2 active at any given time; easy to switch between them.  I keep my home number as my primary and toggle the secondary according to what country I’m in at the time. 

14 hours ago, phuclam said:

I used eSIM on my most recent trip and it was great. As mentioned above you can switch between them in the settings. The best part is that you can buy your eSIM in advance and just activate it when you land, you can skip waiting in line at the airport which can save a lot of time. Well worth it for that alone.

14 hours ago, Recce said:

I have an IPhone 14 and it was no problem at all. The Thai carrier will just add another e-sim to your phone. You can decide which number you want to be primary. You can switch back and forth using setting (cellular). Just don’t delete your current e-sim and you should be fine.

How do you "store" the Esim?  I have two numbers that I use here in the states, a home and a work number.  If I take this phone to Thailand I already am using both Esims, I would "store" the work number, but just how does that work and how do I get that number back once I return?