IGNORED

LTR Working-From-Thailand Professionals visa documents

racecar

I have been gathering the necessary documents for the LTR Working-From-Thailand Professionals visa and was wondering if anyone has first hand experience. I am trying to reduce any rework on my end to get the visa. Any help with the questions below would be greatly appreciated.

• For requirement 1 below, could I use my previous job offer letters/emails (some do not have any signatures) or do I need to contact my previous employers to send me a signed letter that I was previously employed with them?
  • For requirement 2 below, my current job offer letter states I can work from anywhere however there are no signatures. Do I need to get my HR or IT leadership to provide a signed letter stating the requirement or is my offer letter ok?
  • For the work permits, do I need to complete the Employment Certificate Form (WP.46 form) before I get to Thailand or can I wait until I arrive to complete the form?

1. Evidence of previous employment signed by the previous employers in the related field of no less than 5 years in the past 10 years as of the submission date (e.g. copy of letter from previous company) * Note: Must be in or a notarized translation into English or Thai language only
  2. <For employment in a private sector> Employment letter from the company signed by an authorized person which must state the current position, termination date of employment (if any) and in case of “Work-from-Thailand category”, the permission for an applicant to work remotely from Thailand or any countries. The letter must be issued no more than 3 months from the submission date. * Note: Must be in or translated into English or Thai language only

• 6 months later...
Posted (edited)

I forgot to update. I got my LTR Work-From-Thailand endorsement. Below are some items that I noticed during the whole process.

1. Get all of your documentation in order before even submitting the application. Look at the checklist for which category you fall under. I numbered my documents so I knew what I had and what I needed to get.
  2. You can use your previous job offers within the last 5 years.
  3. BOI requested a work contract which doesn't exist if you work for a USA corporation as a salary employee. I had to update my letter of employment to include the information that they requested (e.g., DOB, job title, address, job description, agree that you will not perform any services in Thailand on behalf of your organization and etc.). The letter of employment also needed to be notarized.
  4. I had switched 3 jobs in the last 5 years. BOI had me write & sign a letter stating that if I change jobs, I will notify them immediately.
  5. BOI will ask for your income tax for last 3 years (including current year if applicable) however they will also ask for the W2's in PDF for US citizens.
  6. The health insurance policy must be greater than $50,000 USD and must be ACTIVE before uploading the document to BOI. I made the mistake of pushing out the policy effective date to April 2024 when I intended to fly into Thailand. I had to contact my health insurance company to change the effective date to the day when I submitted the documentation and BOI was OK with it.
  7. When there are any follow-ups from BOI, they will write comments in the "Upload" Step 4 section. Sometimes the verbiage is confusing so you may want to use their contact form for clarification and include your "DOC No." (LTR Visa Thailand - Long Term Resident Program (boi.go.th)). I noticed that they respond within 2-4 business days.
  8. For US citizens: if you plan to pick up your LTR visa in the USA, then make sure you select the Royal Thai Consulate that is in your jurisdiction (e.g., Florida's jurisdiction is Washington D.C.). The BOI website doesn't state any of this and I found this out when I contacted the Chicago consulate. Also, you need to apply for an E-Visa to pay for the LTR Visa and get an appointment to obtain the visa.
  9. If you plan to pick up your LTR visa in Thailand, then make sure you are already boots on the ground and not planning to fly in a future date. This is the reason why I chose to pickup my LTR visa in the USA since I did not plan to fly out until a month after receiving my endorsement.
  10. LTR Work-From-Thailand do not get work permits as you will be working for an organization outside of Thailand.
Edited by racecar