IGNORED

Don Mueang

MunterHunter

Think I’m gonna get the bus back to Pattaya on a side trip from Siem Reap. Will get a taxi there to Don Mueang

I understand there is a connecting bus up Swampy. Any done the trip by bus recently? 

Bus from Don Meuang - Swampy - Pattaya 

IMG_5485.jpeg.d99563699c01fe0641c36ca403ade328.jpeg

Never done it, but it should be ok as long as you don’t miss the bus by a couple minutes and have to wait an hour for the next one.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

9 hours ago, forqalso said:

IMG_5485.jpeg.d99563699c01fe0641c36ca403ade328.jpeg

Never done it, but it should be ok as long as you don’t miss the bus by a couple minutes and have to wait an hour for the next one.

Time is precious in Thailand. Decision time if to get a taxi bsck or not 

Years ago I took bus short distance from DMK to Mor Chit bus station. From there, frequent buses direct to Pattaya.

Suggest web search 'Mor Chit bus to Pattaya.'

26 minutes ago, Bonkabit said:

Years ago I took bus short distance from DMK to Mor Chit bus station. From there, frequent buses direct to Pattaya.

Suggest web search 'Mor Chit bus to Pattaya.'

IMG_5486.jpeg.284265de05de742d54fd8b627f24b365.jpeg

Those buses are only once every 4 hours now, according to this site: https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Don-Muang-Airport-DMK/Pattaya#r/Bus

Winston Churchill

11 minutes ago, forqalso said:

IMG_5486.jpeg.284265de05de742d54fd8b627f24b365.jpeg

Those buses are only once every 4 hours now, according to this site: https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Don-Muang-Airport-DMK/Pattaya#r/Bus

I took the bus from Pattaya to Mochit a couple of month ago and believe they have 8-10 departure per day in each direction. 2 hours in between and a couple in between in peak hours

36 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

I took the bus from Pattaya to Mochit a couple of month ago and believe they have 8-10 departure per day in each direction. 2 hours in between and a couple in between in peak hours

Yeah, it looks like the first site I linked to needs to be updated.  https://12go.co/en/bus/mochit-bus-terminal/pattaya?date=2023-09-02&people=2 Looks better with times, prices and vehicle types.

Winston Churchill

8 hours ago, gmingot said:

is the time and hassle really worth it for a few baht? Just get a cab

As of today I would certainly taxi Don Muang to Pattaya. As for BKK/Suvarnabhumi to/from Pattaya, I take Bell Bus if the timetable suits, and Nam taxi if not.

Some people are on tight budgets or just economical by nature. Others are more able and more willing to open the wallet.

Up to you.

depends on your landing time.

let's be generous and say taxi will be 4 hours faster than the bus.  

getting to pattaya at 11am vs 3pm really doesn't matter.  your hotel might not be ready and you can't get check in.  nothing is really open.  all you are doing is sitting in the hotel lobby or some coffee shop with the time.

on the other hand, if you get to pattay at 8pm vs 12pm might mean 4 more hours of fun.

If two people - taxi no brainer, solo more choices makes sense.

17 hours ago, gmingot said:

is the time and hassle really worth it for a few baht? Just get a cab

9 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

As of today I would certainly taxi Don Muang to Pattaya. As for BKK/Suvarnabhumi to/from Pattaya, I take Bell Bus if the timetable suits, and Nam taxi if not.

Some people are on tight budgets or just economical by nature. Others are more able and more willing to open the wallet.

Up to you.

My comment was based on the two examples near the top of the thread which involved getting a bus to either Swampy or Mo Chit and then another bus from there to Pattaya. The time and hassle involved with the wait and transfer as well as the longer journey time

I quite a agree that if you can get a direct bus from either airport to Patts and it fits your schedule then the bus versus taxi versus cost discussion is a bit different especially for a single rider

This is a very roundabout way to get to Pattaya from Don Muang than other options IMO

First you have to wait for the bus from Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi then it takes awhile to drop you off at Suvarnabhumi..At Suvarnabhumi have to Navigate to ground floor where bus leaves for Jomtien..Which only leaves every hour I think and usually the one you want ie next bus will be booked out so you will need to take the next one more waiting around.Then a 2 hour trip to Pattaya

There is the Mo Chit Bus station option with buses going to Pattaya ,But buses are not that regular

But best option is when arriving at Don Muang go to ground floor take the bus that goes to Mo Chit BTS they run regularly I think its Nmr 1 bus.

From Mo Chit BTS get a ticket to Ekkamai BTS.

From Ekkamai BTS buses run every 20 minutes to Pattaya from Ekkamai bus station Northern bus station Pattaya approx 2 hours and from Don Muang to Ekkamai bus station does not really take that long total fares less than 200 baht.

Doesn't the Skytrain BTS have a station at Don Muang?  It must connect at  some point and transfer to BTS that goes to Eckami. I'd consider it an adventure. But, yes, the Mochit BTS is simpler.

1 hour ago, OKAY said:

Doesn't the Skytrain BTS have a station at Don Muang?  It must connect at  some point and transfer to BTS that goes to Eckami. I'd consider it an adventure. But, yes, the Mochit BTS is simpler.

It has an SRT station. You’d go SRT Red Line->MRT->BTS, changing trains at Bang Sue and Chatuchak Park/Mo Chit as explained here.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, nycazn said:

Anyone know which taxi service goes to don mueang and how much it roughly cost? Thanks

Not a lot of fresh intel. Please update in that thread if you try it. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Thomaz73 said:

Not a lot of fresh intel. Please update in that thread if you try it. 

Sorry not an advance members can't see post

40 minutes ago, nycazn said:

Sorry not an advance members can't see post

Fucking 'l! Sorry, mate. It's "Meow's Taxi Service". Has decent reviews. And supposedly can do DMK. 

And just why on earth it's in advanced, I'll never know. 

• 1 month later...

Nam's taxi doesn't do Don Mueang (DMK) . Cam someone post contact of a taxi service that can take me from this airport to pattaya?

15 minutes ago, 1tooth said:

Nam's taxi doesn't do Don Mueang (DMK) . Cam someone post contact of a taxi service that can take me from this airport to pattaya?

Meow taxi. There's a thread on it. 

25 minutes ago, 1tooth said:

[email protected]

+66 85-934-4475

Thanks ,  you guys Rock! All went smoothly. let the party start!

On 16/10/2023 at 11:08, LASportsNut said:

[email protected]

+66 85-934-4475

On 16/10/2023 at 10:57, Thomaz73 said:

Meow taxi. There's a thread on it. 

• Like 2