IGNORED

Is there a 3rd Rd baht bus route? (I suspect not but saw a map showing Bali Hai Pier to upper 3rd Rd)

HansumMan4365

Hi. There is a map showing a 3rd Rd baht bus route:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1M2dP1sg8vIeDvIcWI_-ZNzfBQ929hIne&hl=en_US&ll=12.922932975186743%2C100.86890575315628&z=17

This route is absent from everyone else's routes descriptions, and I recently walked 3rd Road for about 2kms south from Central Rd. without seeing a songthaew, so I thought I would ask here.

I also discovered via repeated experiences that there is really not a baht bus route on Central Road, even though I see this listed as a route by various sources, so other people who live here are probably a better source than the internet in this case 🙂

Thanks in advance for any useful info.

HM

Hansum. Because thousands of bar and massage girls can't be wrong.

8 minutes ago, HansumMan4365 said:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1M2dP1sg8vIeDvIcWI_-ZNzfBQ929hIne&hl=en_US&ll=12.922932975186743%2C100.86890575315628&z=17

This route is absent from everyone else's routes descriptions, and I recently walked 3rd Road for about 2kms south from Central Rd. without seeing a songthaew, so I thought I would ask here.

I also discovered via repeated experiences that there is really not a baht bus route on Central Road, even though I see this listed as a route by various sources, so other people who live here are probably a better source than the internet in this case 🙂

HM

There is an official route that goes down Third Road but drivers don’t like it as they don’t get enough passengers so it’s unlikely you’ll find a baht bus easily.

The drivers do what they want, regardless of what the official routes say.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

48 minutes ago, HansumMan4365 said:

HM

I’ve taken baht buses on Central many times, almost always from Buakhow to Harbor Mall or Big C.  To return I cross the street from Big C and there is a queue of them waiting for riders. 

4 minutes ago, vivid2 said:

I’ve taken baht buses on Central many times, almost always from Buakhow to Harbor Mall or Big C.  To return I cross the street from Big C and there is a queue of them waiting for riders. 

Thanks for the tip from Big C, I'll check it out. Walking along toward Beach Road, I have never caught one yet, and very rarely see one go by. From Beach Road, I see them but they do not stop for me (one exception, one time, but that was past Second Road).

52 minutes ago, davidge said:

There is an official route that goes down Third Road but drivers don’t like it as they don’t get enough passengers so it’s unlikely you’ll find a baht bus easily.

The drivers do what they want, regardless of what the official routes say.

Thanks, that explains it. Would they be  blue buses on that route?

1 minute ago, HansumMan4365 said:

Thanks, that explains it. Would they be  blue buses on that route?

Pretty sure, yes. Think there are white ones that are meant to do the Sukhumvit route.

As for Big C on Klang, yes there are buses that go up from Second Rd. You ‘might’ see one parked near the lights but I’ve never had much luck. Going back from Big C, as vivid2 said, you’re much more likely to find one parked opposite.

Friends go to Harbour Mall and Big C regularly. They usually end up having to walk up from second road but get the baht bus back.

4 hours ago, davidge said:

Pretty sure, yes. Think there are white ones that are meant to do the Sukhumvit route.

As for Big C on Klang, yes there are buses that go up from Second Rd. You ‘might’ see one parked near the lights but I’ve never had much luck. Going back from Big C, as vivid2 said, you’re much more likely to find one parked opposite.

Friends go to Harbour Mall and Big C regularly. They usually end up having to walk up from second road but get the baht bus back.

I was at Big C after reading Vivid2 's answer, and I noticed an empty baht bus sitting across the street, about 50 meters from the intersection. I'll give it a shot next time. Am I right that if it's empty, I just get in the back without talking to the driver, lest I get charged for a private hired trip? 😃

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HansumMan4365 said:

I was at Big C after reading Vivid2 's answer, and I noticed an empty baht bus sitting across the street, about 50 meters from the intersection. I'll give it a shot next time. Am I right that if it's empty, I just get in the back without talking to the driver, lest I get charged for a private hired trip? 😃

Best avoid conversation, yes :)

If they’re parked there they’re usually ok to get on and wait. When I’ve done it there have been a couple of Thais on already.

I figure they should probably have a route that does a loop around buakhao and 3rd road.  If they had that I think it would be a chicken and egg thing and more people would start using it. 

They should also seriously consider making buakhao a one way street because it's become a total shit show.  If I was in charge of those decisions that is what I would do.  Making it the opposite direction as 2nd road.

Edited by Kale
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Kale said:

They should also seriously consider making buakhao a one way street because it's become a total shit show.  If I was in charge of those decisions that is what I would do.  Making it the opposite direction as 2nd road.

Thats far too sensible an idea, so I doubt it will ever happen  :)

Baht bus route on 3rd road between North Pattaya Bus Terminal and South Pattaya road would be nice.

25 minutes ago, Magic040 said:

Baht bus route on 3rd road between North Pattaya Bus Terminal and South Pattaya road would be nice.

Nice, yes. But doesn't exist. :sad:

6 hours ago, Kale said:

I figure they should probably have a route that does a loop around buakhao and 3rd road.  If they had that I think it would be a chicken and egg thing and more people would start using it. 

2 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

Thats far too sensible an idea, so I doubt it will ever happen  :)

TIT, never expect a rational, sensible approach to either traffic or "public transport" especially in Pattaya from either local government or operators.

8 hours ago, davidge said:

If they’re parked there they’re usually ok to get on and wait. When I’ve done it there have been a couple of Thais on already.

Yes, the chat usually converts it private hire (or gives them a chance to charge more)

I've been booted off when certain gents have come up and talked to a driver! Trip up to that point free of charge, though. Not a big deal, just grab the next.

People should be aware for the side-parked ones though, it can be a massive wait.

Some will sit there 30 minutes or more. I've had 20 minute+ waits.

Jumped off onto one already in traffic and stationary waiting for lights next to mine. Driver of the one that hadn't even started their journey - that I'd been sitting on, waiting forever - jumped out and yelled at me, like I owed him something.

Just thought "GFY buddy. I've got places to be."

If you're at all time-conscious, only get on the side-parked ones which are closer to full (or, if, for some reason, you can tell it will fill quick)

You'll often otherwise get wherever you're going just as fast by walking, I've found (assuming your body is fine with that)

There is always a baht bus parked on Central road facing the ocean near Sukhumvit but you have to wait for it to fill.

image.png

6 hours ago, geezerrb said:

TIT, never expect a rational, sensible approach to either traffic or "public transport" especially in Pattaya from either local government or operators.

Compared to Udon Thani, Surin and other places I'v been - Pattaya transport RULES, you guys don't know how good you have it.

5 hours ago, simon6666 said:

You'll often otherwise get wherever you're going just as fast by walking, I've found (assuming your body is fine with that)

Yes, I found that out. I'm a walker but it's getting to my destination in a wet shirt that bothers me sometimes :) 

58 minutes ago, jetdoc said:

Compared to Udon Thani, Surin and other places I'v been - Pattaya transport RULES, you guys don't know how good you have it.

Oh, but I do :) Especially since I no longer need a car, insurance, and $4-$5/gallon gasoline (I used to live in Commiefornia). Bolt is a bargain too.

Edited by HansumMan4365
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, HansumMan4365 said:

Yes, I found that out. I'm a walker but it's getting to my destination in a wet shirt that bothers me sometimes :) 

True, there's shade and a place to sit, but no aircon or fans on the back of those things.

Up to you to make the call 🙂

18 hours ago, davidge said:

I always ask the driver if he goes to Beach Road and Soi 13/2.  If he nods yes then I hop on. The reason I ask is that sometimes they turn on Buakhow instead of Beach Road. I don’t ask him what it costs…I just hand him 10 THB when I get off.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1