Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

spouse of EU Citizen entitled to freedom of movement

jimboh

A mate keeps telling me that Thai wife does not need visa to visit Europe, he sent me this:

Anyone know anything about this?

Image preview

29 minutes ago, jimboh said:

A mate keeps telling me that Thai wife does not need visa to visit Europe, he sent me this:

Image preview

Can't find any link to what your mate send. Could you repost?

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

Image preview

Well yes and no.  Not the western countries.

Here is a list: 

As of August 2023, these are the European countries that a Thai citizen can visit without a visa:

1. Albania
  2. Bosnia and Herzegovina
  3. Kosovo
  4. Montenegro
  5. North Macedonia
  6. Serbia

However, visa-free entry usually has a limit on the duration of stay, typically up to 90 days within a 180-day period. 

Here is a LINK with more information:

Edited by LASportsNut

A thai spouse of a UE citizen DOES NEED a visa to EU (Schengen space included). The difference is that the spouse of a UE citizen HAS THE RIGHT of getting the visa (if the marriage is not fake, obviously, and if no ther "special" circuntances apply, such of national security, etc), as long he/she will be travelling or visiting his/her wife/husband. And, at least for some countries, that visa is free.

6 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

Well yes and no.  Not the western countries.

Here is a list: 

As of August 2023, these are the European countries that a Thai citizen can visit without a visa:

1. Albania
  2. Bosnia and Herzegovina
  3. Kosovo
  4. Montenegro
  5. North Macedonia
  6. Serbia

However, visa-free entry usually has a limit on the duration of stay, typically up to 90 days within a 180-day period. 

Here is a LINK with more information:

Thanks.  I sometimes think about having a european holiday with a thai companion.  I've done a schengen visa in the past, but its quite a hassle, many forms, hotel bookings, 3 trips to BKK together required.

Those countries would be pleasant to visit I think, and sufficiently european for me.

Edited by rog555
  • Like 1