Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Korean Air to weigh some passengers and carry on at ICN

robert6996

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2023/08/24/korean-air-to-weigh-passengers/70667391007/

For a short timeframe Korean Airlines will weigh some passengers and their carry on to help gather information at ICN for weight and balance plane load management information.

Passengers are allowed to decline being part of the study.

The trial period is Sept 8- Sept 19th 

How many BMs would want to do this?

I would be afraid that they would say my carry on is too heavy and make be pay extra.

Player in the Game of Life

I fly out with Korean from DFW on the 14th. To be honest, I’m not bothered, I would participate if asked. As an aside Korean dropped their price to $1128 return today, which is $130 less than I paid two months ago. I think flight prices are starting to drop.

About damn time. I'm sick and tired of overweight people spilling over into my seat. The baggage thing may be a problem tho. I regularly go overweight on my hand luggage.

43 minutes ago, 1tooth said:

The baggage thing may be a problem tho. I regularly go overweight on my hand luggage.

Yup, that's the part that concerns me the most. I don't want to have to pay extra due to overweight carry-on luggage.

Player in the Game of Life

On my retrun about a week ago, EVA made an ominous announcement at the gate about checking carry-on bags to make sure they weren't too big -- had me nervous as my carry-on was loaded/heavy.

They ended up doing nothing (at least for those of us in biz class).

54 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

On my retrun about a week ago, EVA made an ominous announcement at the gate about checking carry-on bags to make sure they weren't too big -- had me nervous as my carry-on was loaded/heavy.

They ended up doing nothing (at least for those of us in biz class).

Last February when flying out from LHR with EVA they weighed my main suitcase and it was 26kg, and the allowance they give is 23kg.  I gulped, but the girl checking me in just smiled and said '23kg' and shoved it down the belt.

So I thought EVA must always be great with luggage, but they then started checking the hand luggage size at the gate (I was cattle class).  I saw eight or nine people having their bags put into the hold - not due to weight but as they were large.

It struck me as odd that they didn't check the size of hand luggage at check in.

They did ask me to put my small bag into my backpack so I only had one piece of hand luggage, but I just took it out again before I sat down on the plane.

But to answer the OP's question - I'd be more than happy to be weighed before flying as long as they then also weigh me again on my return - it would be good to see how much weight I lose with all the extra exersise and the low carb diet

Edited by mattmoore1965x
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Average weight of a passenger and carry on can vary from origin/destination, holiday travel/business, season, nationality etc. Planes have crashed because they were overloaded with luggage and passenger weight estimates were off. Unlikely to happen with the jets Korean Air operates but their regularly body probably wants updated figures to judge weight factors. It sounds like they are weighing at boarding and may not even have a gate agent seeing the weights/ reacting in any way to avoid concerns of having heavy passengers or carry ons be missed

• Like 1