IGNORED

Best Japanese Resturants

Does anyone have any favorite places for Japanese food? Doesn't need to just be Sushi. Ramen or an Izakaya would also be great.

Yamato,  soi Yamato 

I agree with Yamato. I only ate there once. Everything was great. I really like Japanese curry and their curry very good.

• Like 1

Another vote for Yamato. From the outside, I was worried.  Slow Japanese restaurants are bad Japanese restaurants.  It was surprisingly busy, with all Japanese customers except one, me.

• 2 months later...

Haru  Japanese Buffet...The best I’ve been too..Soi 1 off 3rd road, right up near the junction of 3rd and North Pattaya rd..Three price choices 699 ,799,899....Look at there FB page, best to book, gets very busy..

I'm surprised my little brother @JustL hasn't seen this. He can surely add as he lived in Japan, visits often and he's been to a few Japanese restaurants here.

I will mention this to him and he can maybe share!

I will add that I've been to Shintake Japanese Restaurant in Jomtien with him and again on my own! I liked the food that I ordered.

Edited by Rocketboy
  • Like 2

More than most people realize, there are many Japanese restaurants in Pattaya. Besides my American Japanese favorite, Benihana, which is located on Beach Road to the left of the Wine Connection, there are a few ramen places in Central Festival and one on Pattaya Klang at Beach Road.

According to Google, here are the top 3 Japanese restaurants in Pattaya:

KINJI Omakase: This highly-rated omakase restaurant offers a variety of sushi and sashimi dishes. It is located at 140/108 Moo 11, Thanon Khao Talo, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150. You can make a reservation by calling 064-697-9169 or messaging them on Line at @kinjiomakase.

Anego: This popular Japanese restaurant offers a wide variety of dishes, including sushi, sashimi, tempura, and yakitori. It is located at 463/68 Thanon Pattaya Sai 1, Muang Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20150.

Ronin: This Japanese restaurant is known for its fresh sushi and sashimi. It is located at 571/28 Moo 5, Thanon Pattaya-Na Kluea Rd, Muang Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20150.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

I'm surprised my little brother @JustL hasn't seen this. He can surely add as he lived in Japan, visits often and he's been to a few Japanese restaurants here.

I will mention this to him and he can maybe share!

I will add that I've been to Shintake Japanese Restaurant in Jomtien with him and again on my own! I liked the food that I ordered.

Thanks for the intro @Rocketboy I definitely seek out good Japanese restaurants when I can.  

Top 3 so far are Shintake as RB mentioned.

Grillicious Japanese BBQ, https://www.facebook.com/Grillicious.Japanese.BBQ/

Curry Vibes, https://www.facebook.com/curryvibespattaya

honorable mention is Fuji @ Central festival, https://www.fuji.co.th

• Thanks 1

I'm going to keep it 10 X 10 with you, I'd rather be in  Pattaya mofo.

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

I'm a huge fan of Ozawa Ramen in Jomtien. A bit far away from central pattaya, but it's my go to japanese restaurant.

Very good ramen, and they also serve other japanese dishes.

• Like 2

On 21/08/2023 at 07:35, Kandinski said:

Yamato,  soi Yamato 

For authentic Japanese food, 'Yamato' is one of the best in Pattaya.  For my "economical" daily or semi-weekly Japanese eatery for entrees and sushi, i like "Jumbo Sushi" on 3rd Road near Soi 15.  Chirashi is 180 baht; Tonkatsu 100, etc..   

• Like 3

On 28/10/2023 at 21:29, komplot said:

I'm a huge fan of Ozawa Ramen in Jomtien. A bit far away from central pattaya, but it's my go to japanese restaurant.

Very good ramen, and they also serve other japanese dishes.

Could you post details about the location in Jomtien?
I googled it and only see an Ozawa in Pattaya.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally like Yayoi restaurant. It's a chain but still very good in my opinion, plus it's easy to get to since it's at the mall.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 1 month later...
On 21/08/2023 at 01:31, cygnus100 said:

Does anyone have any favorite places for Japanese food? Doesn't need to just be Sushi. Ramen or an Izakaya would also be great.

Grillicious off 3rd road is an excellent Japanese BBQ place. Not cheap but the quality of the meat is excellent.

Used to go to Shakariki 432 a lot, however my last time (pre Covid) the service sucked.  Would be interesting to hear others opinion on this one.

• 1 month later...

Haru Japanese gets an approval, good selection from buffet, their crab soup and soft shell grab I really enjoyed.  Here’s a pic of their sashimi.

IMG_1380.thumb.jpeg.0c5f072146c13ea6e938dcbc76c62c06.jpeg

another shoutout would be tsunami sushi I think in jomtien, again another sushi buffet style restaurant but they have a good selection of oysters on the menu which Haru doesn’t.IMG_0176.thumb.jpeg.640bc42b2ce92a28ad7f7d295123dd62.jpeg.

IMG_0168.thumb.jpeg.4f547d38705e370fed28aed48876f9f9.jpegIMG_0174.thumb.jpeg.c0b540dfc4daf96b36d95f8a73383ff9.jpeg

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png