IGNORED

BEST RESTAURANTS ON THE ..... DARK-SIDE

I was over there this week and found a few special ones , 2 had a fixed multi - choice 3 & 4 course menu as well as a normal menu but I opted for the multi-choice

1st one was Mickeys , 3 course , well presented and staff exceptional. cost if I remember rightly 285baht , value for money , noted they had French fried chips 

2nd one was SUGGESTIONS on the same soi and down bit , well this place was out of this world 799 baht I think it was a 4 course meal could not fault , one could see the owner EDMUND spent a lot of time training his staff and it showed , even come out and flambe pancakes in front of you EXCEPTIONAL

3rd was PEPER & SALT  at the top of soi Kao Talo had a medium rib eye fillet 695 baht was nice but one would think they would make their own chips instead of French fries

so in order ... my votes were 

#1 SUGGESTIONS by far 

#2 MICKY'S ... value for baht spent

#3 PEPPER & SALT

location for Micky's and Suggestions is at the top of soi 53 aka Soi NERM PLUMB ONE ...I mean RIGHT AT THE TOP almost meets soi Tao tall not far past (50-100yards ) past turn off at 7/11 to Bee Jays

• Like 3

@Halfaboy , sure will ... thanks for the tip

35 minutes ago, Reddit said:

whats the darkside

East of Sukhumvit. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

August... it could be the best western style "restaurant" experience in the area that I have been to.  Service, Food, Drink options, ambiance of the dining area.  Not Cheap but decent value overall. Lots of Farang inside eating and some Thais when I went.

I also liked Ae&Ek just down the street.  Not the best steak I had(Patricks), but pretty good and a fantastic value IMO.  Also they have their own parking lot so you don't have to run across the road.  Lots of Thais and a few Farang when I went.

If you want to stay in the city, Mai Thai in Naklua.  Great Service and Food, not cheap but a good value as long as you don't drink too many imported beers or wine... my bills were doubled at least from the drinks but I kept going back.  

In full disclosure I have not heard of Mickeys or Suggestions but will put them on the list to try sometime.  I have not been the Pepper and Salt but have heard good things...

• Like 2

Good to see Suggestions still going strong. Was a regular there when I live close by. 

Sicily Pizza. Very expensive but also very good italian food. I do occasionally. Would cost 2-3K for 2 people.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Suggestions still good food, service dropped off since the main girl had bike accident but he trying to get some staff to replace her but difficult.

La Mesa at Holland Tulip complex very good, great tapas menu plus very good mains from the menu. Go hungry as the main courses are very filling. great service, main waitress is a very good very attentive.

• 3 months later...
On 19/08/2023 at 16:41, onehunglo said:

I was over there this week and found a few special ones , 2 had a fixed multi - choice 3 & 4 course menu as well as a normal menu but I opted for the multi-choice

1st one was Mickeys , 3 course , well presented and staff exceptional. cost if I remember rightly 285baht , value for money , noted they had French fried chips 

2nd one was SUGGESTIONS on the same soi and down bit , well this place was out of this world 799 baht I think it was a 4 course meal could not fault , one could see the owner EDMUND spent a lot of time training his staff and it showed , even come out and flambe pancakes in front of you EXCEPTIONAL

3rd was PEPER & SALT  at the top of soi Kao Talo had a medium rib eye fillet 695 baht was nice but one would think they would make their own chips instead of French fries

so in order ... my votes were 

#1 SUGGESTIONS by far 

#2 MICKY'S ... value for baht spent

#3 PEPPER & SALT

location for Micky's and Suggestions is at the top of soi 53 aka Soi NERM PLUMB ONE ...I mean RIGHT AT THE TOP almost meets soi Tao tall not far past (50-100yards ) past turn off at 7/11 to Bee Jays

I go along with your restaurant selections..all good, but your directions to Suggestions/Mickeys are not correct. They are on Thung klom-Tanman Road, really not that close to Soi Nern Plub Wan.

Pepper and Salt is near the apex of Khaonoi and Khao Talo.