IGNORED

The PRIDE Condos - rarely a turnover

travelling_man

PRIDE Condos

This was the last set of condos I saw as they were closed on Sunday and definitely a case of save the best till last - very secure, very quiet, very clean - highly recommend. I was lucky enough that the owner of a condo had just discounted hers due to lack of interest from 25,000 to 20,000 for a 1 bedroom! it was just gorgeous and big with everything I needed. It checked all the boxes - location, price, facilities

The only doubt in mind was that WAS IT TOO QUIET for a 5 months stay

This is a post from years ago in 2018, but still is interesting in 2023.  A year later, in 2019, I found this:

Be careful with Pride. The quality of finish there can be shit. The interior wall cladding is about 1/8th inch thick. If anything needs repairing, they will want you to pay for it, even if it's aircon or plumbing, etc. Additionally, the insulation is so poor that many condos are like ovens in the morning, especially on the eastern side. If you're really keen, ask the dragon who works at the front desk to put you in contact with an Aussie named Steve. I rented a nicely furnished condo from him for 25K a couple of years ago.

The reason I started this thread is because I have been watching the PRIDE Condos for availability for some time.  There are a few rentals from time-to-time, but almost NO "for sale" units.  This is different than most buildings in Pattaya and I'm curious as to why.

Rentals seem to be in the 25,xxx+ range and sale units about 5mil baht (larger 1-bedroom in 2023) - so I understand these aren't budget units.  Size ranges from 37 sq meters (which I have never seen available for sale or rent) up to 85 square meters; 78 or 158 units total, depending on which website you believe.  There are a few properties listed at various realtors, but when you call, they are "not available" -- click bait, in other words, because they always have something else they would be happy to show.

Why is the turnover at Pride so low?  

What is it about this property that causes owners to be hanging on to their properties; not selling and not renting.  🤷‍♂️

Location. 🧐

• Like 1

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

59 minutes ago, travelling_man said:

There are a few properties listed at various realtors, but when you call, they are "not available" -- click bait, in other words, because they always have something else they would be happy to show.

I think that is more due to there being no central realty listing available to the agents like there is in many western countries. As was explained to me, every agency has their own database which tends to be only updated when they make a transaction, or when they call about a property on behalf of a client to another agent.

• Like 1

Small development - is this all research from afar or have you walked into reception?

56 minutes ago, Petesie said:

Location. 🧐

Very close to The Avenue shopping mall, with an entrance in Soi Piss.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Very close to The Avenue shopping mall, with an entrance in Soi Piss.

I think he was answering ...not asking 555

They were one of the few developments that did try and insist on no short term rentals and had some enforcement. If that’s still the case, it would explain seeing fewer rental adverts.

It is a small development (79 units?) in a central location so not too surprising that there are fewer sales seen on the market.

From a quick search, I found 6 for sale and 5 for rent - but you can never be sure that listings are updated with Pattaya agents.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I had the misfortune renting at the Pride for 3 month and learned my lesson. From memory the condo was around 70sqm but layout so bad most of available areas could be used for nothing but getting from A to B. The kitchen corner was hugh but cheapest of the cheap cupboards with a totally mismatching table section refurbished at some point. The floor, cheap laminate, is a very sad chapter and don't recommend anyone walking bare footed in any of the 5 condoes the dominating agent that advertise on AirBnB. 

Building itself is vedged in between 3, three, heavy trafficked soi's with one the preferred pissoir for half of Pattaya’s Street vendors and motosai. Top that up with the view to Avenue Shopping high raise parking, constant smell of sewer and impossible to keep any windows or balcony door open due to dirt whirled up by traffic, swimming pool in plain view for most of Areca's guest and very little sun you got the Pride. 

I would say right price for a 70Sqm in that Building should be closer to 3 than 4 mill, 5 Mill+ is ridiculous 

Edited by Kandinski
Touch up
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, davidge said:

you can never be sure that listings are updated with Pattaya agents.

Yes as mentioned in a previous post, a lot are left listed that basically are "click bait"  for your details/contact but some realtors do have "available now" buttons on there listings.

Just an aside, I notice there has been another "surge" in asking prices of rentals (including 1 year contracts) even though it is "low season", goodness knows where they will go once "high season kicks in?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

Yes as mentioned in a previous post, a lot are left listed that basically are "click bait"  for your details/contact but some realtors do have "available now" buttons on there listings.

Just an aside, I notice there has been another "surge" in asking prices of rentals (including 1 year contracts) even though it is "low season", goodness knows where they will go once "high season kicks in?

The "surge" in rent, at least on Soi 15, could be driven by Russian sweaping the market for both short and long term contracts. Being Pattaya don't expect any decrease in rent until next pandemic shuts down the world again

2 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

The "surge" in rent, at least on Soi 15, could be driven by Russian sweaping the market for both short and long term contracts. Being Pattaya don't expect any decrease in rent until next pandemic shuts down the world again

Just renewed mine and it stayed the same.

Have you seen the rouble? never seen so few russians around GA in the past year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Have you seen the rouble? never seen so few russians around GA in the past year.

In another thread @Thomaz73 said he has renewed 3 times (6 month contract) at GA without any increase but on FB a 36sqm just advertised @ 22k for 1 year contract they were 15-18k previously.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

I had the misfortune renting at the Pride for 3 month and learned my lesson. From memory the condo was around 70sqm but layout so bad most of available areas could be used for nothing but getting from A to B. The kitchen corner was hugh but cheapest of the cheap cupboards with a totally mismatching table section refurbished at some point. The floor, cheap laminate, is a very sad chapter and don't recommend anyone walking bare footed in any of the 5 condoes the dominating agent advertise on AirBnB.

Building itself is vedged in between 3, three, heavy trafficked soi's with one the preferred pissoir for half of Pattaya’s Street vendors and motosai. Top that up with the view to Avenue Shopping high raise parking, constant smell of sewer and impossible to keep any windows or balcony door open due to dirt whirled up by traffic and swimming pool in plain view for most of Areca's guest and very little sun you got the Pride. 

I would say right price for a 70Sqm in that Building should be closer to 3 than 4 mill, 5 Mill+ is ridiculous 

So…you really liked it??  555
I totally agree with everything you said.  There are just so many units on the market that are far more desirable.
I’ve been staying next door at Areca for many years, and I remember way back in their early years the developers were so hopeful that their condos would sell out quickly that they laid the foundation and brought in all of the utilities for Phase 2. 
But apparently the units weren’t hot sellers at all, and Phase 2 never happened, and they just let the trees and bushes grow wild….the foundation is just about hidden from view.

IMG_8739.thumb.jpeg.9364e2205efbb4b7274cf2b49c2d030b.jpeg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, vivid2 said:

So…you really liked it??  555
I totally agree with everything you said.  There are just so many units on the market that are far more desirable.
I’ve been staying next door at Areca for many years, and I remember way back in their early years the developers were so hopeful that their condos would sell out quickly that they laid the foundation and brought in all of the utilities for Phase 2. 
But apparently the units weren’t hot sellers at all, and Phase 2 never happened, and they just let the trees and bushes grow wild….the foundation is just about hidden from view.

IMG_8739.thumb.jpeg.9364e2205efbb4b7274cf2b49c2d030b.jpeg

Remember the phase 2 area far to well, a real insect/rodent lovers paradise.

As you can see from the pic, the 2 or 3 lower levels facing the pool has no privacy. Pool is on same level as 2nd floor condoes and only a meter or 2 separate swimmers from the balcony. 

Another downer most mongers will find super annoying is the single receptionist/ manager tends to give you the cold stir when you have a bit of daytime fun and, if you are a butterfly, don't expect any speedy service from the building

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

I stay at City Garden and we got an abundance of Russkies on long term contracts. I've heard from my agent the same goes  for Urban and Avenue residence, most younger families likely riding of the storm in quite Pattaya

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

another thread @Thomaz73 said he has renewed 3 times (6 month contract) at GA without any increase

True story, and well remembered :) Still 15k. Maybe my owner just doesn't wanna deal with anything new. 

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, davidge said:

It is a small development (79 units?) in a central location so not too surprising that there are fewer sales seen on the market.

The ONLY stand-out is the "small development".

Consider all of the facilities within spitting distance of Pride ... All with lots of rental and sales turnover.  

I still don't get it ... Especially with more bad things said about it than good.  

2 hours ago, geezerrb said:

In another thread @Thomaz73 said he has renewed 3 times (6 month contract) at GA without any increase but on FB a 36sqm just advertised @ 22k for 1 year contract they were 15-18k previously.

22k for mine but its the 53 sqm overlooking the pool. Its got some nice decor and upgrades though, big TV's etc.

Next year owner said it will go up.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, travelling_man said:

I still don't get it ... Especially with more bad things said about it than good

When I stayed in the condo (post covid) a list of units for sale where posted in the reception but in 3 month only one was sold after the owner dropped price 750K on a 60-70sqm. Had a brief look at the historical sqm prices and it looks like Pride are one of the few condoes in Pattaya with prices, understandable, in free fall.

Another hugh annoyance staying there is the fairly high number of Thai couples who clearly dislike farangs and BG. Not a pleasant experience for either sharing a ride in the tiny slow elevator with a Thai bitch who is likely raised to make Isan cuties feel smaller than small. 

• Thanks 1