IGNORED

Transportation to Aranyapratchet/Siem Reap - Luggage?

bossdog

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a good and cheap way to get from Jomtien to Siem Reap. I thought that the best 

way would be to take a bus/minibus/train from Pattaya to Aranyapratchet, and take a shared taxi from Poipet to Siem Reap after.

I looked at the yellowbus offerings, but they seem to charge for luggage >15kg. 
As I am moving to Siem Reap for 6 months, I am taking lots of stuff with me, one small backpack and two big bags, about 25 kg each. With the yellowbus charging 10 bath per kg (!!!) over 15 kg, it would cost me about 450 bath just for the luggage (that's like paying for 2 more tickets).
Is there any other bus or minibus that goes that way and doesn't charge that high prices for the luggage? I am ok with paying 100 bath extra, but not 450.

1 hour ago, bossdog said:

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a good and cheap way to get from Jomtien to Siem Reap. I thought that the best 

way would be to take a bus/minibus/train from Pattaya to Aranyapratchet, and take a shared taxi from Poipet to Siem Reap after.

I looked at the yellowbus offerings, but they seem to charge for luggage >15kg. 
As I am moving to Siem Reap for 6 months, I am taking lots of stuff with me, one small backpack and two big bags, about 25 kg each. With the yellowbus charging 10 bath per kg (!!!) over 15 kg, it would cost me about 450 bath just for the luggage (that's like paying for 2 more tickets).
Is there any other bus or minibus that goes that way and doesn't charge that high prices for the luggage? I am ok with paying 100 bath extra, but not 450.

You are going all that way (with 50kgs of luggage) and worrying about an extra 350 baht🙄

44 minutes ago, thainet said:

You are going all that way (with 50kgs of luggage) and worrying about an extra 350 baht🙄

Unfortunately, I don't have any monthly income right now, its gonna be a rough ride, whether I pay the 450 bath for luggage or not.

Bolt from Jomtien to bus station @ 100 thb, bus @ 250 thb + 450 thb, tuk tuk 40-60 thb, a total 860 thb for the Thai side.

Travelling with 2 big bags isn't new for me. Paying 3 x the ticket price for having 2 bags is. Is that the new normal post covid?

at corner of Sukhumvit and Pattaya Thai mini vans leave every 40 Mins to Aranyapratchet 5 hours 270 baht unsure about cost for luggage

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

5 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

at corner of Sukhumvit and Pattaya Thai mini vans leave every 40 Mins to Aranyapratchet 5 hours 270 baht unsure about cost for luggage

Thanks, sounds good! I'll ask them.