IGNORED

Increase numbers of PM per BM

petehoax

hi guys / mods

currently the PM inbox limit is 200 messages for normal BMs (respectively 200 message-threads). 

would it be possible to increase that limit? 

i'm always very close to the 200 limit (between 190 and 198) and have to juggle which old PMs i keep and which old ones i can delete. and i often don't want to delete the messages for at least a few days / weeks, because BMs will reply to an old PM and if i've deleted that PM-thread already, i'm gone from the message thread and won't receive the reply and i guess quite a few BMs don't realise / understand that. 

i'm sure i'm somewhat of an exception due to the TFMI and i do on purpose keep a lot of old stuff around because it contains useful info. or stuff that i can copy paste for similar requests. or questions / requests that are still unanswered and where i want to send the request again 2-3 months later. Or discussions that i had with the mods.
and so on. and i'm sure i could also make at least some more space... so i'm not trying to say that my situation is impossible to handle. 

but on the other hand: PM space is incredibly cheap and increasing it to let's say 500 PMs per BM will probably have a negligible impact... 98% of BMs will probably never go over the 200 PMs anyway and even if 5k BMs will then have 400 instead of 200 PMs, it might cost you like 1 GB additional space. probably even less than that.

Maybe my estimate is completely wrong and there's a good technical reason for the limit. Or maybe it's just a PITA to change the limit. i can completely accept that. But i thought: Let's ask and find out! 

Thanks anyway

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

@petehoax @Harry Brown

OK - I have increased PM to 500 for Advanced Members so will see what impact it has tho I agree it will be minimal

See how you go bro

sun14.jpg

awesome! 

here's chatgpt's thank you note :)
Like a tempestuous storm that never ceases, may your desires continue to surge with boundless fervor. May the constellations of your nocturnal escapades forever twinkle with tantalizing trysts and thrilling threesomes!

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

7 hours ago, kgbagent said:

@petehoax @Harry Brown

OK - I have increased PM to 500 for Advanced Members so will see what impact it has tho I agree it will be minimal

See how you go bro

Thanks KGB.