IGNORED

Flight to Clark (Angeles) in February

Ash101

Just looked at booking a flight from Bangkok to Clark in February 2024.  Cebu Pacific is only showing flights till end October 2023. Any idea if the flights have been cancelled after thus date ?

I find this flight far nicer than a having to do the trek from Manila to Angeles as well as the hassle of commuting through NAIA.

The Clark flights seem to start again in March! My thought was they wanted to use the extra plane for the busier Manila routes, but have no idea really

Not sure what's going on with Cebu Pacific and Clark. I was due to fly from Singapore to Clark in mid September and the flight was changed to Manila. Even worse times than the original flight too (due to arrive around 8.30pm) at after 11pm.

I visit PI most years so rather than get a refund put it in a travel fund (no expiry date). Booked with Scoot who were the only airline with direct flights to Clark from Singapore. 5.30am departure though 🙄.

I have a flight booked from BKK to Clark in September, they emailed me recently to advise a change of flight time, previously arriving at 3am now arriving at 4pm - much more sensible ... knowing Cebu Pacific there's no guarantee that they wont change the flight times half a dozen times more before I depart though!

1 hour ago, shagwell said:

I have a flight booked from BKK to Clark in September, they emailed me recently to advise a change of flight time, previously arriving at 3am now arriving at 4pm - much more sensible ... knowing Cebu Pacific there's no guarantee that they wont change the flight times half a dozen times more before I depart though!

I also have a flight in September and I’ve just rechecked my  itenerary it’s still showing departure time of 22.50 and arrival of 3.20.  I’ve also had a look on Flightradar24 and it’s showing the same times for the last seven days.  

I have also looked at the flights and the prices are really high - up to 11000 baht for the 15 of September.  I booked in February and paid 3300 baht.  The flight times for the available flights are all showing the same departure time of 22.50 from Suvarnabhumi.

2 hours ago, footix said:

Not sure what's going on with Cebu Pacific and Clark. I was due to fly from Singapore to Clark in mid September and the flight was changed to Manila. Even worse times than the original flight too (due to arrive around 8.30pm) at after 11pm.

I visit PI most years so rather than get a refund put it in a travel fund (no expiry date). Booked with Scoot who were the only airline with direct flights to Clark from Singapore. 5.30am departure though 🙄.

At least you the option of another direct flight. From Bangkok, we don’t have that luxury.  We have to either travel via another country (with long layovers and usually quite expensive) or have the nightmare of travelling through Manila with the nightmare chaos and transport to Angeles with a private driver of at least 3500 peso. 

6 hours ago, Ash101 said:

I also have a flight in September and I’ve just rechecked my  itenerary it’s still showing departure time of 22.50 and arrival of 3.20.  I’ve also had a look on Flightradar24 and it’s showing the same times for the last seven days.  

I have also looked at the flights and the prices are really high - up to 11000 baht for the 15 of September.  I booked in February and paid 3300 baht.  The flight times for the available flights are all showing the same departure time of 22.50 from Suvarnabhumi.

Checked again and doh - my destination has been changed from Clark to Manila! They've now sent a 2nd email this time changing the day of the flight...

original - arrive Clark 3:20am 29 Sep

1st change - arrive Manila 4pm 28 Sep

Latest change - arrive Manila 9:25am 30 Sep

6 hours ago, Ash101 said:

At least you the option of another direct flight. From Bangkok, we don’t have that luxury.  We have to either travel via another country (with long layovers and usually quite expensive) or have the nightmare of travelling through Manila with the nightmare chaos and transport to Angeles with a private driver of at least 3500 peso. 

Genesis bus is another cheaper option - though not if you arrive in the middle of the night as they don't run after 10 or 11 pm

9 minutes ago, shagwell said:

Checked again and doh - my destination has been changed from Clark to Manila! They've now sent a 2nd email this time changing the day of the flight...

original - arrive Clark 3:20am 29 Sep

1st change - arrive Manila 4pm 28 Sep

Latest change - arrive Manila 9:25am 30 Sep

Genesis bus is another cheaper option - though not if you arrive in the middle of the night as they don't run after 10 or 11 pm

A group of us had flights to Clark we arrived at the airport about an hour before the flight we were told it was changed to Manila. We had the option of taking the flight to Manila and then finding our own way to AC or applying for a refund through the company. Well we were there and ready to go so we went to Manila but it was a major pain in the ass Cebu Pacific is terrible. I remember when tiger air went Bangkok to Angeles I did that a few times and it was excellent Good flight times good prices

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Yes I see many complaints about Cebu Pacific elsewhere as well. I live in Angeles these days so have used them quite a lot, and up to now I guess I've been lucky - but not this time. Luckily I have permanent accommodation in both Pattaya and Angeles so at least I don't have to worry about re-booking hotels but these constant changes are still a pain.

2 hours ago, Soi7 said:

A group of us had flights to Clark we arrived at the airport about an hour before the flight we were told it was changed to Manila. We had the option of taking the flight to Manila and then finding our own way to AC or applying for a refund through the company. Well we were there and ready to go so we went to Manila but it was a major pain in the ass Cebu Pacific is terrible. I remember when tiger air went Bangkok to Angeles I did that a few times and it was excellent Good flight times good prices

Was this recently ?

I certainly  hope this does not happen to me. I try and avoid NAIA at all costs. Last January I arrived there at 23.00 and only got out at 1.30 the following morning. Then a 1.5 hour journey to Angeles.  Clark is so much easier. Immigration and customs are quick, 500-600p taxi fare direct to your hotel

• 2 months later...

I’m looking at flights from Bangkok to Clark in late April/early May but nothing showing on Cebu Pacific website (or any other comparison sites). What a bummer. Such a pleasure avoiding Manila with the direct flight from Bangkok. 
Anyone have any insight as to whether the flights will resume soon ?

• 2 weeks later...

There will never be another day in my life that you will Catch Me flying cebu pathetic between bkk and crk.  You are either extremely lucky or a sucker for punishment.

I dealt with them many years ago and learned my lesson.

Now, Thai business to mnl and a nice comfortable private car to Angeles via the skyway.

On 02/11/2023 at 23:15, Ash101 said:

Such a pleasure avoiding Manila with the direct flight from Bangkok.

Hahahahahah.  "Such a pleasure".  Just wait.  

I’ve down the Bangk Clark flight a few times since COVID and have had no issues. Can’t say the same for NAIA, which seems very chaotic and with massive immigration queues. Last time in Clark, it was literally 10 minutes from landing to leaving the airport - with checked luggage 

@Ash101

I don't know who you flew to naia.

Thai air arrives in T3 now which is a major improvement over the previous terminal. I was also through immigration is 10-15 minutes, and my luggage was waiting for me.