IGNORED

Residency Certificate?

az89

Anyone one have  experience of obtaining one from Soi 5 Jomtien?

If so what was the process and what did you  need to supply?

Thank You.

I did it a few months ago. Immigration Jomtien should be quieter now so less queues.

From memory:

TM30

Condo rental agreement

Original email from RTE London for my visa (Non O in my case)

Passport

Girls at front desk were very helpful, so if you don't have everything they will help and give advice.

300 baht I think?

I assume it’s OK to apply if you are on a visa exemption and going on to a non imm  O prior to a 12 month extension based on retirement? Meaning I would not have a visa yet.

Edited by az89

26 minutes ago, az89 said:

I assume it’s OK to apply if you are on a visa exemption and going on to a non imm  O prior to a 12 month extension based on retirement? Meaning I would not have a visa yet.

Not sure. Being on visa exempt does not really sound like being a resident, but TIT.

Are you using an agent for your non imm o? Could they get you a certificate of residence at the same time as they do the visa?

When I got my cert of res, I had to get a tm30 strip put in to my passport. My landlady had done the tm30 ok, but did not have the strip in the passport. No cost and was done in office on the left as you enter main building.

I have been told a TM30 and letter of residency will be supplied by the landlord.

I will use an agent for the non O and the extension based on retiree but thought I would try and get the certificate of residence before hand in the hope of also getting a bank account myself also before visiting the agent.

If it does not work out , no problem I’ll let the agent do the lot.👍

I have done it a few months ago.

It's fine to be visa exempt or tourist visa, no problem but the duration of the cert is exactly the length of your permission to remain.

Most people look for one to acquire a Thai driving licence. Have your passport, passport photos, TM30 and photocopies of the relevant passport pages. If you don't have an up to date TM30 it's a 1000-2000 THb fine, maybe.

The girls at the reception desk just inside the front door will check your docs and then direct you to the relevant hatches, very efficient. Out is less than an hour and it was very busy. You must return at 16.00 to collect the cert.

That’s great, I just think it will help me get a bank account if it doesn’t nothing lost, I like to be proactive.

Is there a specific form I need to fill out to go with other documentation you mention?

Edited by az89

25 minutes ago, az89 said:

That’s great, I just think it will help me get a bank account if it doesn’t nothing lost, I like to be proactive.

Is there a specific form I need to fill out to go with other documentation you mention?

I don't believe there was. I certainly did not fill up anything in advance. 
There are a bunch of folk with passport photo cameras, photocopier machines etc in the adjacent coffee shop. They sell facemasks too, there was a no entry rule into immigration building without one.

10 hours ago, LoneCelt said:

I don't believe there was. I certainly did not fill up anything in advance. 
There are a bunch of folk with passport photo cameras, photocopier machines etc in the adjacent coffee shop. They sell facemasks too, there was a no entry rule into immigration building without one.

Facemasks are no longer required - a recent change

ผีเสื้อ

10 hours ago, az89 said:

Your agent should organise a bank account for your as part of the non-immigrant O-Visa ...  at least that is what Maneerat did for me.

ผีเสื้อ

11 hours ago, discrete said:

Your agent should organise a bank account for your as part of the non-immigrant O-Visa ...  at least that is what Maneerat did for me.

At an extra cost of approximately 4000baht.

27 minutes ago, az89 said:

At an extra cost of approximately 4000baht.

4000 baht for the one year insurance cover needed.

ผีเสื้อ

Insurance only mandatory for certain nationalities, most agents charge around 4000 to open an account for you, without the insurance cost.

The 4000 baht I paid was for an insurance policy direct from Bangkok Bank ... not an agent fee

ผีเสื้อ

Update 

Just been to Soi 5 for the RC

Very easy , got there 5 to 8 already about 15 in the smaller building on the right, guy checked my forms and gave me a ticket to get the TM30 slip put into the passport by the other desk, also given a RC application form to fill out, waited 5 minutes and all done and told to go make a copy of the official slip in the passport and go to desk 9  in the main building it was still only 815 and despite all the other desks dealing with various applications were open desk 9 doesn’t until 830. Anyway I was 2nd in the queue and after the first guy took 5 minutes it was my turn and very efficient person dealt with me in no more than 2 minutes, paid 300baht and told to return at 2pm to pick it up.Walking back down Soi 5 by 840am

Super simple, and hats of to the Immigration staff, they were brilliant.

Edited by az89
  • Like 2

On 15/08/2023 at 03:14, az89 said:

Update 

Just been to Soi 5 for the RC

Very easy , got there 5 to 8 already about 15 in the smaller building on the right, guy checked my forms and gave me a ticket to get the TM30 slip put into the passport by the other desk, also given a RC application form to fill out, waited 5 minutes and all done and told to go make a copy of the official slip in the passport and go to desk 9  in the main building it was still only 815 and despite all the other desks dealing with various applications were open desk 9 doesn’t until 830. Anyway I was 2nd in the queue and after the first guy took 5 minutes it was my turn and very efficient person dealt with me in no more than 2 minutes, paid 300baht and told to return at 2pm to pick it up.Walking back down Soi 5 by 840am

Super simple, and hats of to the Immigration staff, they were brilliant.

Did you have long rental agreement/ tourist visa ?

I did my first one myself and this was at the end of last year when immigration was super busy. So waiting around in queues for a couple of hours.

Second time around I used Maneerat Visa Agent....now that was easy!!! 

Dropped in my passport one day, paid ฿500, a picked up 2 days later.

All they needed was two photos and the TM30 slip that was already in my passport. 

On 19/08/2023 at 19:14, weldermike said:

Did you have long rental agreement/ tourist visa ?

No long term rental and on 30 day visa exemption, don’t believe the BS the farang agents are putting about.

Edited by az89

23 hours ago, Sloracer said:

I did my first one myself and this was at the end of last year when immigration was super busy. So waiting around in queues for a couple of hours.

Second time around I used Maneerat Visa Agent....now that was easy!!! 

Dropped in my passport one day, paid ฿500, a picked up 2 days later.

All they needed was two photos and the TM30 slip that was already in my passport. 

I did it myself also about 30 minutes at Soi 5 immigration cost 300baht easy since I am only a couple of souls away.

Manheerat quoted 500baht  the next day as part of a non O and 12 month extension, so I saved 200baht so nothing really, if I was based in Pattaya I would just let Maneerat get on with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2023 at 12:53, az89 said:

Did you manage to get a bank account easy in the end ?

I was told that I needed at least 30 days right to stay to open it, and since I was a few. days into a 30 day visa exemption it was not possible.

However a Thai agent was able to do it when I went down the Non O and 12 month extension route.