Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Taking zopliclone on a transit through Dubai.

hggcraig

Hi everyone, 

On my last three long distance trips I've started taking zopliclone on my flights and its been a game changer.

I usually just take two for the journey there and two for the journey back.

I get these online and unfortunately don't have a prescription for them.

Emirates have the best prices for the dates I want to fly and this would obviously include a layover in Dubai.

Just wondered if anyone has taken these through Dubai Airport before and did they ask to see a prescription?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks 

quick googling: you will need a prescription, otherwise it's illegal. and i wouldn't fuck around with that in dubai. 

so either get a prescription or don't take it with you. 

chances of you getting "popped" are probably very low. i personally would still absolutely not risk it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I always take it on flights and have never had a problem with a strip in my carry on.

The chances of you being stopped through security must be miniscule...plus how many security personnel would know what is legal or not?

It is essential to me to take them now so I would never stop...if you are that worried then get a pill case and put them in with some multivitamins.

No security is doing drug tests on 4 pills in a carry-on.

If you take 100s in a suitcase then yes you will be stopped...but 4 in a carry-on...let's get real here.

• Like 3

The odds of being caught with 4 pills is infinitesimally small, but the potential punishment if caught with controlled substances in Dubai (even just 4 pills) is pretty staggering.  

Absolute worst case scenario is that your holiday will be an endless stream of vigorous blowjobs …..but it will be you providing them to an endless stream of Arab men in prison.  😉

22 minutes ago, article22 said:

I always take it on flights and have never had a problem with a strip in my carry on.

The chances of you being stopped through security must be miniscule...plus how many security personnel would know what is legal or not?

It is essential to me to take them now so I would never stop...if you are that worried then get a pill case and put them in with some multivitamins.

No security is doing drug tests on 4 pills in a carry-on.

If you take 100s in a suitcase then yes you will be stopped...but 4 in a carry-on...let's get real here.

They won’t do a test on the pills if they find them, at first. They will type in a description of the pill in their search engine, which will give a preliminary identification. From there…

Is the prescription hard to get? Having one eliminates a lot of potential hardships, regardless of how low the odds are.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

38 minutes ago, hggcraig said:

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try and get a prescription to be safe.

That'd be wisest. Why not?

Dunno why folks fret and/or are reluctant to go to a doctor and ask for stuff like sleeping pills and anxiety meds. I've never had any problems getting stuff legally prescribed when I've needed it (occasionally, down the years; never regularly).

Just tell the doctor you why you want some Zopliclone, that you've taken it before and it's worked well, with no adverse effects.

If the doctor asks where you got it before, tell him/her you got it online (if it's not illegal where you are) or say your girlfriend takes it and gave you some because you're having problems sleeping, worked like a charm etc.

Unless you turn up for the consultation ranting and raving inebriated drunk and/or clearly out of your head on drugs (or you have a documented medical history of substance abuse), I can't imagine why any doctor would refuse to prescribe.

Good luck. Don't overthink it.

Tom Tit

Edited by Tom Tit
  • Like 2

Ron went home for a meal and a wash, but what he had seen over there did not let him rest.

Never heard of this stuff so had to google it. If you are based in the USA apparently it is not approved for use so you won't be able to get it there.

Maybe mail order from India.

Don't know if they are quick acting, if not, could take one before departure and a second prior to landing in Dubai. Try to source two more while in Thailand and do same.

Edited by bangna

On 08/08/2023 at 18:00, hggcraig said:

Hi everyone, 

On my last three long distance trips I've started taking zopliclone on my flights and its been a game changer.

I usually just take two for the journey there and two for the journey back.

I get these online and unfortunately don't have a prescription for them.

Emirates have the best prices for the dates I want to fly and this would obviously include a layover in Dubai.

Just wondered if anyone has taken these through Dubai Airport before and did they ask to see a prescription?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks 

I'm clearly missing something here lol

You wont be carrying the two tablets for the return trip in your hand luggage !

The ones for the journey home go in the checked baggage and that definately aint getting checked

Edited by KyleReading

19 minutes ago, KyleReading said:

I'm clearly missing something here lol

You wont be carrying the two tablets for the return trip in your hand luggage !

The ones for the journey home go in the checked baggage and that definately aint getting checked

How can I take them when I'm on the plane if they are in my checked luggage?

I used to take this (when I had to travel long-haul for work) - i just slipped a couple in a credit card slots in my wallet - I suppose I should have thought more about the consequences of getting caught - I used to buy it at the Chinese medicine shops in Causeway Bay  (Hong Kong).  Now am living in Thailand I use Rivotril on the rare occasions I need to get to sleep (for the annual trip back to the UK). I've never been asked for a prescription, but acknowledge that they can ask.

13 minutes ago, hggcraig said:

How can I take them when I'm on the plane if they are in my checked luggage?

Copy and paste of your words....

"I usually just take two for the journey there and two for the journey back." 

Obviously you meant to say 2 for the first sector and 2 for the onward sector  ??  Not journey back

21 minutes ago, KyleReading said:

Copy and paste of your words....

"I usually just take two for the journey there and two for the journey back." 

Obviously you meant to say 2 for the first sector and 2 for the onward sector  ??  Not journey back

No, I meant exactly what I wrote.

I take 2 during the course of my journey from the UK to Thailand and 2 on the course of my journey back from Thailand to the UK.

Not sure how else I can explain it.

On 09/08/2023 at 00:50, Goolabert said:

Never heard of this stuff so had to google it. If you are based in the USA apparently it is not approved for use so you won't be able to get it there.

Maybe mail order from India.

That was going to be my suggestion.  I haven't been able to find it in Thailand either.  No problem finding it in Vietnam though.

You will be absolutely fine, it’s not a controlled drug and they don’t care about bringing medicine through the airport (been transferring through Dubai for 25 years) 

The only thing they are scanning for on transit is narcotics and bombs / Weapons etc. 

Since this is specific to the UAE here is a page of the UAE Ministry of Health's Controlled Drug Listing.

ScreenHunter_21Aug_1113_59.thumb.png.951eab7d1c8fde1ea4cb670175052c38.png

I'm 99.99% sure you will be okay.

However, I am a natural born worrier so that 0.01% chance of catching someone in customs having a bad day and throwing the book at me is not worth it.

I ALWAYS travel with Codeine which you can easily get over the counter in the UK (although the chemist always gives you a bit of a talking to as it can be addictive).  I only ever take it if I get pain somewhere that Asprin hasn't sorted, and when I do, its brilliant.

I then stumbled over something online about Codeine being a controlled drug in Dubai, so now I don't pack it if I have a layover there.

If I was you, take the ones just before your flight, and if they really worked for you, buy two in Patts to take before you fly back.  Then, the only ones you have with you in Dubai are already in your stomach.

But thats still got a 0.0001% chance of fucking up your trip.  Yes, its an old story, but this is how hot Dubai is on this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/oct/16/4

Does zopliclone help you like people? Because I hate people in my personal space on planes and I can’t afford first class

On 09/08/2023 at 04:03, article22 said:

.plus how many security personnel would know what is legal or not?

They probably know how a tablet looks and of we go to Secondary and the First Defender analyser. Regardless if Morfin or Zopiclone; if no paperwork you may, at the best, only miss you connection.

4 hours ago, ShortTime said:

Does zopliclone help you like people? Because I hate people in my personal space on planes and I can’t afford first class

Personally I find other people more bearable when I'm unconscious, so yes 

On 11/08/2023 at 01:28, ShortTime said:

Nope, but something like Xanax or Vallium will help you not care as much.

Edited by Kale