IGNORED

Buses to Pattaya?

graeme777

Hi there everyone, already been looking through the forums and found lots of help so thanks for that!

I'm going to pattaya for two weeks in May and I am flying into Bangkok. Whats the best way to get to Pattaya from Bangkok without getting lost and remaining quite safe??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

If it's your first time here book a taxi either with your hotel or do a search on the forum for recommendations.

One example if you book Pattaya Bay Resort pick up from airport to hotel 1300 Baht drivers waiting for you when you exit customs then straight to hotel.

If you really want to get a bus do a search on the forum for Bell bus.

Al.

BKK airport - Pattaya

There are two bus companies doing this route :

BELL BUS

1. take you to pattaya bus station, then transfer onto minivan take you direct to your hotel (jomtien maybe a little extra - cant remember)

2. cost 150 or 200 bht - cant remember

3. ask at information desk/anybody for the bell bus desk (or bench people sit on). it is inside the terminal

4. about evey two hours. last one at 19.00

GOVERNMENT?? BUS

1. cost 106 bht

2. take a shuttle bus from airport to the airport bus terminal. it takes 5 mins. they come about every 5-10 mins.

the times............................

pattaya nua (north)

8, 11, 15, 19

pattaya + jomtien

6:40, 9, 1, 5

LATE ARRIVAL (if you cant make the last 19.00 bus)

options:

1. taxi (if you want to save money wlak out of the airport before getting a taxi)

2. take shuttle bus to airport bus terminal. take local bus to ekami. take government bus to pattaya. NOTE : LAST one leaves 23.00

*times correct as of end of march (most likely unchanged)

*if you are asking for shuttle bus stop or bell bus stop, a lot of thai people will just say 'taxi over there'. The airport directions tor transport links are dreadful. They dont even know the above times at the info desk.

*When the sky train is finished (not long now) life will be simpler. and hopefully hundreds of taxi drivers will be made unemployed. serves them right.

For details of the service offered by Bell Busses see this thread.

They have a new website: Bell Travel Service

That service is 200 Baht and no doubt a lot more convenient than using the regular busses.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

All the advice you really need has been given!

On my last trip, as I was walking to customs, I scanned who else got off the plane - shuffled over to some guys and just enquired if anyone would like to share a taxi to Pattaya.

Got a taker straight away and that was that. The taxi fare was halved and the other guy and I became holiday mates and shared a beer or two and went out mongering together!

You could give this method a try!

found the times......

BELL BUS TIMES

Airport - Pattaya

Pattaya-Airport

Bus takes about 1.30 - 1.45 hrs depending on traffic

tel no. 038-370-055-6

02-747-4673

this is what it says on their leaflet

YES, this bus is definately the best option